Have you ever tried an orange almond cake? This is a delectable treat that combines the almond flavor with the nutty orange flavor. To give the cake itself a light and cuddly texture, it is typically created using almonds flour, fresh orange juice, as well as orange zest. For added sweetness, some recipes additionally call for a small amount of honey as well as maple syrup.
Some bakers will apply a sweet orange glaze as well as sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the cake to make it even more decadent. It makes the ideal afternoon snack or dessert after any dinner. The best thing is that it is a healthier choice than typical cakes because it is naturally low in carbohydrates as well as gluten-free.
In general, an orange almond cake is just a delicious as well as unique delicacy that will surely delight your taste buds. Try it out for yourself to decide.
Orange and Almond Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 minutes||35 minutes||55 minutes||5|
Ingredients | Orange and Almond Cake
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sliced almonds for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup of honey as well as maple syrup
Instructions | Orange and Almond Cake
- Set your oven’s temperature to 350°F (180°C). The 9-inch cake pan should be coconut oil-greased as well as placed aside
- Almond flour, baking powder, as well as salt should all be mixed in a mixing dish
- Beat the eggs in another basin until they are foamy as well as light. Then, combine the melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, orange juice, as well as orange zest
- After adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones, stir everything together thoroughly
- Using a spatula, level the top of the batter once it has been poured into the prepared cake pan
- Sliced almonds should be placed on top of a batter (if desired)
- 30 to 35 minutes of baking time, until a toothpick inserted inside the center of the cake comes out clean
- The cake should cool inside the pan for ten minutes before being moved to just a wire rack to finish cooling
- Slice the cake as well as serve it plain or with whipped cream as well as yogurt on top
How to Store Orange and Almond Cake
The orange almonds cake could be kept at room temperature inside an airtight container for up to three days. It can last up to a week in the refrigerator if you want to keep it fresher longer.
The cake can be frozen for up to two months. Just carefully wrap it in plastic wrap, followed by either aluminum foil or even a freezer-safe container.
Moreover, I have written one more article on The Best Chocolate Almond Flour Cake For You
How to Serve Orange and Almond Cake
- You can serve orange almond cake alone or with whipped cream as well as yogurt on top
- You may top it with a sweet orange glaze to make it even more decadent
- Depending on how thick you cut the slices, this cake yields 8–10 pieces
- It makes the ideal afternoon snack as well as dessert after any dinner
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- A dessert that blends the flavors of lemon as well as almonds is called orange almond cake
- Due to the use of almond flour, this cake is moist, fluffy, as well as full of nutty flavor
- It is simple to create and does not need any specialized tools
- Orange almond cake is a flexible dessert option because it may be served plain or with a variety of toppings
- If you want to prepare the cake ahead of time, it can be frozen for up to two months
- This cake may be pricier as a dessert option due to the high cost of almond flour
- The almond flour’s nutty flavor may not be to everyone’s taste
- This cake might not be for you if you are not a fan of oranges
- This cake should eat soon after baking as it will not keep well after that
Orange almond cake is just a tasty as well as unique dessert that is ideal for any celebration. It is flavorful, low in carbohydrates, as well as free of gluten. This cake is simple to create and may be personalized with your preferred toppings.
However, it’s a fantastic choice to take into consideration if you are looking for a healthier option to customary cakes.
No, making orange almond cake seems to be simple and does not need any special tools.
Yes, this cake can prepare in advance as well as frozen for up to two months.
Although, it can include yogurt, whipped cream, orange sauce, as well as almond slices on top.