The kfc chicken breast recipe is a crowd-pleaser for all ages. Do you, on the other hand, prefer to cook at home rather than ordering the fried chicken breast option from KFC? So there’s no need to worry; it’s still delicious without the need to fry. Although many alternatives exist, like air fryers, KFC chicken breasts aren’t among them.
You probably still have questions about the nature of the dish, such as what ingredients to use and whether or not it’s difficult to prepare. If you are wondering about the air fryers KFC chicken breast recipe, you have come to the right place. Then, after reading this post, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to whip up some tasty treats at home without any hassle.
About Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts are a lean cut of meat that comes from the chicken’s chest area, specifically the pectoral muscle. Each whole chicken breast that divided in half and these breasts are usually sold separately after butchering. The most costly chicken cut is boneless, skinless breast meat.
Its high demand and price relative to other chicken parts like thighs, wings, and drumsticks. Despite its versatility, it can prepare in various ways, including grilling, baking, roasting, frying, barbecuing, and boiling.
Method for Cooking Fried Kfc Chicken Breast in an Air Fryer
The air fryer’s convection function allows hot air to crisp the chicken’s exterior while still cooking it thoroughly and keeping the meat juicy on the inside. Air-Fried Chicken Thighs are in complete agreement. You also can take a chance for The Ultimate Fried Chicken: Kfc Original Recipe Chicken Breast.
Materials Needed | Kfc Chicken Breast
- Breast meat from a chicken that has not been butchered or stuffed. The best low-fat protein option for feeding a large group. Chicken can do almost anything, as this collection of chicken recipes demonstrates. Air fryers are ideal because they preserve the meat’s natural juices while cooking
To prevent the thick center from drying out before the thin ends are done cooking, pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- Croutons made from whole wheat flour. To ensure the breading sticks to the chicken in the air fryer, I prefer to use finer breadcrumbs (as opposed to the larger panko breadcrumbs) instead
- Breadcrumbs like panko work best if they stick, so you’ll need to coat the chicken in egg before you fry it (see this Baked Chicken Parmesan or Chicken Katsu video for a step-by-step). Another perk of making this fried chicken in an air fryer is using regular breadcrumbs instead of flour, a time and money saver
- Parmesan. Mixing half of the breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan gives you a satisfying flavor without overwhelming the chicken
- Flavoring with Bread Crumbs. Recipes for southern fried chicken can be approximated with paprika, garlic powder, thyme, and a dash of cayenne
- Hot air fryer chicken? Try seasoning it with a quarter teaspoon and a pinch more cayenne. Air-fried chicken can also be enjoyed with some spicy condiments
- Olio Olio Extra Vergine. One advantage of using an air fryer is that it requires almost no oil when frying. A half pound of chicken gets one teaspoon of oil
An Outline of What to Do | Kfc Chicken Breast Recipe
- Air-fried chicken breasts that were tossed in oil in a bowl
- The chicken must be prepared in advance by cutting and pounding. Then, add a little olive oil and toss
- Throw all the breading stuff into a bowl and mix it up
- Sprinkle the mixture all over the chicken breasts
- Chicken should be arranged in a single layer in the air fryer and heated (you may need to cook two batches depending on the size of your air fryer)
- Turn after 4 minutes in the air fryer and cook for another 2–5 minutes (until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees F)
Ideas For Accompanying Crispy Air-Fried Chicken
- Potatoes. Chicken breasts and potatoes cooked in an air fryer make a traditional meal. Cooking potatoes in the slow cooker or instant pot is a great way to enjoy this comfort food staple
- The vegetables were roasted. You can make some roasted Brussels sprouts or roasted broccoli in your spare oven time
- Prepared vegetables in a sauté pan. Tired of using the stovetop or microwave? What to do? Try some sautéed Brussels sprouts, cabbage, or carrots!
- Slaw. I think some sort of healthy cabbage slaw or Asian cole slaw would be fantastic
- A Sauce for Dipping. Classics like Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip and Barbecue sauce are always a good bet
- Condiments. When paired with a traditional American dish like fried chicken, pickled onions take on an even more delicious flavor
- Those cheesy noodles are delicious. My favorite recipe from my cookbook is the Ultimate Creamy Mac & Cheese, which is a healthier version of the original
Advice on Storing |Kfc Chicken Breast Recipe
- To put away. Although it’s best eaten on the day it’s baked, any leftovers from this recipe can store in the fridge for up to two days if covered tightly
- To Reheat means to bring back up to temperature. Chicken that leftover can reheat in a pan over medium heat and is also delicious when served cold on top of salads
- Put into a deep freeze. Store for a week in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator
How Long Should A Chicken Breast Without Any Bones Or Skin In Air-Fried For?
- Approximately 8 minutes, depending on their thickness. If they are very large, I recommend cutting them in half to make chicken cutlets, but the medium is what I normally recommend
- Place the flour and seasonings in a bowl and stir to combine
- Stir together an egg and some buttermilk in a separate dish. The chicken should be submerged and left to sit for 20 minutes
- Individual chicken breasts should be dredged in the flour mixture. Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and let rest for 15 more minutes
- Set the air fryer temperature to 380 degrees F and let it heat for 5 minutes. Coat the inside of the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer. Close the basket after spraying the tops with olive oil spray
- Finally, put it in the oven and cook it for 8 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip the chicken over and spray it again with olive oil
- The amount of time needed to cook chicken breasts in an air fryer will change based on the thickness of the meat and the desired level of browning
At What Temperature Should I Cook Chicken Breast?
Make sure the thickest part is 165 degrees in the middle. It’s best not to overcook them because they’re tender and juicy at that temperature. Take it out and put it on the table right now.
When Compared To Deep-Frying, Is Air-Frying Chicken Breast A Healthier Option?
- No doubt about it! It’s much healthier than deep frying because you only need a light oil mist to get the outside crisp. The advantages of air frying, however, include maintaining the same delicious exterior texture
- If you haven’t tried this method of cooking crispy chicken yet, you’re missing out. I put money on the fact that you won’t ever want to bake or fry it again after trying this method
Recipe of KFC Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
Ingredient | Kfc Chicken Breast Recipe
- One and a half pounds (3 breasts) of boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure olive oil
- Breadcrumbs, either whole wheat or regular, to the amount of 1/4 cup
- Approximately 14 cups of freshly grated Parmesan
- Spice it up with paprika!
- A pinch of dried garlic
- Dried thyme, one-fourth teaspoon
- Pepper, cayenne, ground, to taste
- Add more kosher salt, to taste, after the first 1/8 teaspoon
Instructions | Kfc Chicken Breast
- To get 6 long, skinny pieces of chicken, cut each breast in half lengthwise. The thickness of each piece should be hammered down to half an inch (I like to stretch a piece of plastic wrap over the top first to keep things tidy). Get a bowl and toss in the pounded chicken
- Whole wheat breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt should be mixed in a wide, shallow bowl (a pie dish works well) until evenly combined
- Olive oil should be drizzled over the chicken and then tossed to evenly coat
- Put the whole wheat breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt into a large, shallow bowl (a pie dish works well) and mix well
- To ensure that the breadcrumbs stick to the chicken, coat each piece individually
- Make sure your air fryer is at 390 degrees F. Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer inside (you will probably have to cook the chicken in two separate batches). Warm the first batch in a 250°F oven while you work on the second if desired
- Prepare the chicken breasts in the air fryer for 4 minutes on the first side. Cook for another 2–5 minutes after flipping the chicken, depending on the size of your chicken and the air fryer model you’re using
- Cook the chicken until it registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the crumbs are golden brown (I typically remove my chicken at 160 degrees F, as the temperature will continue to rise as it rests). Have a taste of the hot
- This dish is best eaten the day it is prepared, but any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days in an airtight container
- Place the leftover chicken in a pan with olive oil and heat it over medium heat for a quick reheat. It’s also delicious when served at room temperature over salads
- STORE IN THE FREEZER For up to a month, store in an airtight container. Refrigerate overnight to defrost
Though you can technically use frozen chicken breast in an air fryer, I wouldn’t recommend it if you make breaded air fryer chicken.
Certainly! Using gluten-free breadcrumbs is a simple solution.
Your air fryer’s capacity will dictate the answer. Chicken should be placed inside without touching so that air can circulate freely. Half the chicken fit comfortably in my air fryer’s basket without crowding the appliance.
It’s a universal truth that cold chicken is a turnoff. Hold early batches at 250 degrees F to keep warm while air frying the rest of the chicken breast.
It tastes great even without deep-frying. KFC chicken breasts are unsuitable for alternatives such as air fryers.
All your concerns about the dish, such as whether or not it is difficult to make and what ingredients should be used, are clear now. It is quite easy to make. If you’re looking for the KFC chicken breast recipe for air fryers, you’ve found the right place.