Are you guys looking for a delicious salad recipe along with a chicken addition? Well, if that is so then you are at the right place. Umm yes, here I am going to discuss a delightful and delicious chicken orzo salad recipe with you guys and some interesting facts related to the salad. Hope you like it.
Chicken Orzo Salad
Do you know? This Chicken orzo salad is a traditional Italian dish that is prepared by combining tender chicken, orzo salad, and a delightful combination of veggies and herbs. This meal is very simple and easy to prepare. I will call it a “game changer” dish because once you try it, I am sure you will never go back to the old salad recipe.
By using fresh vegetables and high-quality ingredients, such as boneless, skinless chicken breasts, herbs, and spices, you can prepare a mouthwatering orzo salad recipe. It is the perfect choice for a family supper or entertaining guests. And I am sure you will please your family and guests and they’ll enjoy every bit.
The Popularity of Chicken Orzo Salad
Those who love to eat healthy, tasty meals will surely enjoy this chicken orzo salad. It’s a salad made with cooked orzo pasta, diced chicken, veggies, and a dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
The popularity of chicken orzo salad varies according to geography, cultural preferences, and personal taste. Nonetheless, many people enjoy this meal because of its pleasant texture and wonderful flavor.
Chicken orzo salad is a popular choice on restaurant menus for people searching for a healthy and full supper option. It is also a popular meal for potlucks, picnics, and other occasions when people want easy-to-prepare food.
Why Add Chicken to Orzo Salad?
I know you guys are wondering why’s instead of making orzo salad why I am focusing on chicken orzo salad. Well, there’re phew points regarding the addition of chicken. As you know, chicken is a great source of protein. It is very necessary for the growth of body tissue and repair. Chicken is a lean protein source having fewer amount calories and fat, making it a nutritious supplement to a healthy diet.
Chicken is usually included in salad recipes because of its flavor, texture, and nutritional benefits. It is food that you can prepare in different ways, including grilled, roasted, or sauteed.
How You Can Customize Chicken Orzo Salad?
Here are a phew tips and variations that you can adopt to customize your salad,
Adding more Vegetables
You can add any vegetables you like to this dish. Some great options include mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, or even spinach.
By Using Different Protein Options
If you don’t love to eat chicken, then you can use prawn, beef, or shrimp as a substitute for chicken.
By Adding Spices
You can also add some other types of spices like paprika, black cumin, or red pepper flakes to add some extra flavor.
Make it Creamy
To make this meal creamier, you can add heavy cream stuff to the pan, once your meal is cooked.
By Using Homemade Chicken Broth
If you have some extra time, you can prepare homemade chicken broth for enhancing the delicious flavor of this dish.
Cook the Orzo Separately
Many people prefer to cook orzo separately in other pans. Then, add it to the large pan at the end in order to prevent it from getting too mushy.
Garnish with Fresh Herbs
You can also garnish it with freshly chopped parsley over the top of the dish for adding color and extra flavor.
Make it Spicy
If you love to eat spicy food, then add some chopped jalapeno or cayenne pepper to the pan when cooking.
Add Some Lemon Juice or Olive oil
In the end, squeeze fresh lemon juice or olive oil from the top of the dish to enhance the flavor and taste of the salad.
Recipe for Chicken Orzo Salad
Now let’s look at the delicious recipe for chicken orzo salad,
- 8 oz. orzo pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
Steps for Preparation
- Cook the orzo pasta as per instructions
- Drain it and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, until cooked through
- Remove it from the pan and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing it into strips
- In a large bowl, combine the other ingredients with cooked orzo like sliced chicken, red bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and chopped parsley.
- In a separate bowl, mix well together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper for dressing
- Top the dressing over the salad
- Now season it with salt and pepper
- CHICKEN & ORZO WITH LEMON: Zesty, delectable chicken and orzo soup flavored with lemon
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Made with white meat chicken with no antibiotics ever
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS: No artificial flavors and no colors from artificial sources
- QUICK AND EASY: Convenient canned soups ready to eat in minutes
- CONTAINS: 1 can, 18.5 oz
- Fill your pantry with foods you can trust and feel good about putting on the plate
- Made from 100% Durum Semolina which is rich in protein, fiber, and B vitamins
- Create delectable salads and pasta dishes in minutes! Haddar Orzo Pasta is the perfect side dish.
- Cholesterol, sodium, and sugar free with less than 1g of fat
- Certified Kosher
- YUMMY ISRAELI ORZO: EXPLORE THE PASTA-BILITIES: Much like your favorite pastas, our rice-shaped…
- PASTA CAN’T BE HEALTHY? ORZO YOU THOUGHT: Our delicious whole wheat variety is free of sodium,…
- DELICATE TASTE MEETS MOUTHWATERING TEXTURE: Like couscous, barley and quinoa, orzo is an ideal match…
- 100% NATURAL, LOVINGLY PREPARED & KOSHER SAFE: Our adorable low-carb short macaroni noodles are…
- BARON’S IS BEST ENJOYED WITH LOVE & COMPANY: Stock up on your family’s favorite starch and have…
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Heath Jacob Baldwin (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- M. Singleton, Tara (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages – 05/24/2021 (Publication Date) – Independently published (Publisher)
Is Chicken Orzo Salad Beneficial for Health?
Now you are probably wondering, is this dish good for your health? Of course yes, because this dish provides a lot of health benefits to you.
It is a dish that offers a lot of health advantages. It contains protein, which is important for the growth of body tissue and repair as well as for supporting a healthy immune system. The dish’s orzo salad contains complex carbohydrate in it so that’s why this dish provides sustained energy to your body and helps you to keep satisfied for a long period of time.
It can also help to reduce overeating and promote good weight management. Whole grain orzo salad contains high fibrous content. So, it can help to improve digestion, cholesterol management, and for controlling blood sugar.
Wait wait wait! You can’t ignore the fresh vegetables and herbs that you are adding to your dish. So, fresh vegetables, which include tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, are commonly added to chicken-based orzo salad. These veggies contain high content of vitamins and minerals so that’s why these are very important for health and well-being.
Chicken orzo salad is a delicious, healthy, and delightful dish that is very easy to prepare and you can also customize this dish according to your desire. So, by using a combination of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, it provides a range of benefits to support overall health and well-being.
Moreover, it’s a great option for those with dietary preferences. You can either enjoy this dish if you are on diet or you can serve it along with the main course on special occasions. So, i am sure this orzo salad dish surely satisfies both your taste buds and your nutritional and dietary needs.
You can make the orzo salad dish healthier by using whole-grain orzo pasta, adding more variety of vegetables, and using lean chicken breast. You can also decrease the amount of oil or butter used in the recipe.
By topping it with Salt and pepper, Garlic and herb seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and Lemon pepper seasoning.