Hey! Have you gotten the chance to taste the orzo recipes with chicken? Imagine you will go to a party and see a different dish of orzo if you have never tried it before.
You might start to worry that you don’t know the taste. The same situation happened to me when I saw this dish somewhere, and I just dropped to eat it because I didn’t want to take a chance.
But later on, my friend whams me to try it, and it was incredibly amazing. After that, I made it at home and enjoyed the same taste with great vibes.
That’s why I will here give detailed recipes of orzo with chicken. Stick with me here, and then when you get a chance to eat this anywhere, you won’t miss it.
What Is Orzo?
Yeah! So, orzo looks like pasta made from durum wheat. Because it is small pasta, it is categorized as “Pasta,” which means little pasta. This small pasta often uses in Italian cuisine or soups. Sometimes it can be used as a combination with rice in rice pilaf.
Orzo is usually available in dried form. You can boil it like other common pasta. Make sure when making to toss it rains water from it carefully.
You know that it can be used as a starter on any occasion. It is very popular throughout Europe, especially in Greece, with the name Krithiraki.
Now it’s time to dive into the amazing orzo recipe with chicken.
Orzo With Chicken
As I already mentioned, the orzo is rich in protein content. As well as chicken also has a great protein content and can provide you with a fantastic bulk amount of protein.
Now let’s dive deep into its description.
Bear with me because I will show you a great collection of orzo recipes with chicken that will make your day and shine your table on any occasion.
Despite this, you can also try 3 Quick And Easy Chicken Recipes With Orzo That Are Perfect For Weeknight Dinners.
Creamy Chicken Orzo
This one-pot creamy chicken orzo can be prepared in record time if you have precooked chicken on hand, such as from a rotisserie chicken or poached chicken you cooked as part of your weekend meal prep. faster than a clock can tick by about 20 minutes.
Our risotto-like chicken and orzo still take a short time to prepare, even if you need to cook some chicken (we recommend a quick poach). Furthermore, it’s incredibly reassuring.
This easy one-bowl dinner tastes like home because it is made with simple vegetables, has a hint of garlic, and is creamy.
The winter months have arrived, but there is no need to shiver in fear. This warm and comforting chicken orzo is a surefire remedy (or at least sure to soothe).
The recipe calls for only eight components if you include the obvious olive oil, salt, and pepper seasonings. To cook, you need three things: oil, salt, and pepper. The ingredients for this quick and simple chicken orzo dish are:
- The essence of chickens in a pot
- Tender chicken that has already been cooked.
Tips for Preparing Orzo
Orzo is most commonly served in the United States as a component of cool summer pasta salads. Yet, in our opinion, orzo pasta isn’t at its most flavorful until it has been slowly simmered in chicken stock until it becomes silky and chicken, risotto-like.
Follows this recipe for the perfect orzo every time:
- Onions, carrots, and celery. Wait until the onion is soft and fragrant before serving. You want to avoid overcooking or browning the garlic, so add it after a few minutes of sautéing
Stock! Put it under water and let it boil
- It’s Orzo and chicken! Incorporate both and cook over low heat until the orzo is tender and has soaked up most of the stock. Serve!
Creamy Chicken Filling Recipe | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
Ingredients | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
- Olive oil, virgin, one tablespoon’s worth
- ONE chopped yellow onion, medium size (about 1 cup)
- chopped celery from 2 ribs (about 1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into pieces about a third of an inch in size (about 1 cup)
- Mix in 4 minced garlic cloves
- 8 ounces of chicken stock
- Succulent Chicken – 2 to 3 Cups Shredded
- Orzo, 1 pound
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- Use at least 1 teaspoon of sea salt, but more to taste
- 1/2 a clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
Method | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
- Olive oil, in a large saucepan, on medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery, and carrots once the oil shatters, and cook until the onion is translucent about 7 minutes. Cook the garlic for another minute or two until the aroma has developed
- Blend in the chicken stock, then increase the heat to high and bring to a boil
- Add the chicken and orzo and mix well when the stock is at a rolling boil. Turn the heat down to medium and season with the parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, the orzo is creamy, and almost all liquid has been absorbed
Lemon Chicken | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
Ingredients | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- Garlic powder, one teaspoon’s worth
- chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, 1 pound
- One and three-quarters milligrams of salt divided
- Pepper, Half a Teaspoon
- 4 teaspoons of butter
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth, one 14-ounce can
- 1-and-a-quarter cups of uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 pound of grape tomatoes, halved
- Squeeze the lemons for 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, minced
- Optional wedges of lemon
Directions | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
- Combine the flour and garlic powder in a wide, shallow dish. Chicken should be cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces and pounded to a thickness of 1/4 inch using a meat mallet. Put in half a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Lightly coat the chicken with the flour mixture and shake off any excess
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over low heat When the chicken is no longer pink inside, flip it and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes. Put it in a warm place. Scrub the pan and dry it
- Bring broth to a boil in the same pan as the orzo, then toss to combine. Bring back to a rolling boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes, covered at a low boil, or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining salt, stir in spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil, and remove from heat. Put the chicken back in the pan. Put lemon wedges on the table if you like
One Pot Garlic Chicken | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
Quick and easy, this one-pot chicken orzo with garlic butter is the perfect weeknight dinner.
Cooked in a single pot, the chicken thighs and orzo take on a golden hue, and the buttery pasta absorbs all the chicken’s flavor.
Adding some fresh herbs on top will make this dish even better.
Ingredients | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
- 1.5 sticks of salted butter
- Thighs from a chicken that has been skinned and boned, weighing one pound
- seasoned with black peppercorns and kosher salt
- 1.25 ounces of uncooked orzo
- Four minced garlic cloves Thirty-two ounces of chicken stock
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter, which should be 3 tablespoons, in a large ceramic or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Using a paper towel, dry the chicken thoroughly. You should salt and pepper the chicken completely
- As soon as both sides are cooked, transfer to a serving platter. As soon as both sides are cooked, transfer to a serving platter
- Some fat, like butter or chicken grease, should remain in the pan after cooking. If it is too dry, add a tablespoon of oil, such as butter. Please put in the orzo and mix it around to coat it evenly. Add the garlic and mix well. To toast the orzo and give it a slight golden color, cook it while stirring it frequently. It’ll have a wonderful aroma as well
- Put the orzo and stock in a very large bowl. Toss the orzo and stock back into the pan where the chicken thighs were. Let the liquid reach a rolling boil. Put it on low and cover it to keep it there. 15–20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the liquid has been absorbed. It will depend on how high you set your “simmer,” but a good rule of thumb is to check on it after 12 to 15 minutes
- Use the remaining melted butter to drizzle on top. Parmesan and fresh-chopped parsley go great on top. Start serving right away!
FAQ | Orzo Recipes With Chicken
Yeah! This orzo has a high protein in it. That’s why it is good for building muscles and increasing overall strength.
It just takes 10 minutes overall to cook. Also, you don’t need to add oil while boiling because when you add oil initially, the sauce can’t adhere to it.
It depends on you. It can be eaten cold as well as hot too. Just remember to add some water or stock when you reheat the orzo. By then, it will not become dry.
Let’s rewind the orzo recipes with chicken. The crux is that orzo is a great grain that looks like rice, but it is authentic pasta. You can also enjoy it in your diet as it is rich in protein, which can help you promote healthy muscles and increase body energy. Furthermore, amazing recipes are also waiting for you to try.
I hope you like this article. Leave your comment for appreciation. If you want more like this, check out our other articles.