Hey there! Are you a fan of French toast but want a milk supplement? Have you ever attempted to make French toast with almond milk? This is a tasty as well as easy variation of the traditional breakfast dish.
As almond milk is creamy, slightly sweet, as well as nutty, it makes a great option for dairy milk and gives your French toast a distinctive flavor.
All you must do is put your bread in a combination of almond milk, egg, as well as your preferred seasonings before browning it in a pan. A sprinkling of maple syrup as well as some fresh fruit will complete this delicious breakfast, which is guaranteed to please.
French Toast with Almond Milk Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||15 minutes||2|
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of butter or oil for cooking
- Egg, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla essence, as well as salt should all be thoroughly blended in a mixing dish
- Add the butter or oil to a pan as well as a griddle that has been preheated over medium heat
- Make sure both sides of each slice of bread are coated with the egg mixture before dipping it in
- When the pan or griddle is heated, place the bread on it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or till golden brown
- Use the remaining slices of bread in the same way, adding more oil or butter to the pan as necessary
- Serve the baked slices right away with your preferred garnishes, including fresh fruit, creamy, as well as maple syrup
French Toast with Almond Storage
French toast with almond milk leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to three days if they are kept in an airtight container. It only needs to be warmed through in the microwave or a skillet when you’re ready to eat it again.
French Toast with Almond Freeze
Place the cooled slices of French toast with almond milk in a freezer-safe bag or container if you wish to freeze it. For up to a month, they will keep nicely in the freezer. Just place frozen French toast in the toaster as well as microwave and heat it thoroughly.
French Toast with Almond Servings
Depending on the size of your bread slices, this recipe will provide a different number of servings. 4 slices of bread should yield about 2-4 servings on average.
Therefore, larger slices may only yield 2 servings, whereas smaller slices may yield 4 or even more servings. It comes down to the size of your loaf of bread!
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- For anyone with lactose intolerance or even a dairy allergy, almond milk is a wonderful option for dairy milk
- Almond milk gives your French toast a distinctive flavor by adding a creamy, somewhat sweet flavor
- Compared to dairy milk, almond milk has fewer calories and fat, offering it a healthier choice
- Only a few basic ingredients are needed for this dish, making it simple to prepare
- Others with nut allergies might not be able to drink almond milk
- Some individuals might not like the flavor of almond milk and instead favor the traditional flavor of French toast prepared with dairy milk
- French toast’s texture may change if you use almond milk instead of dairy milk because it’s not always as rich and creamy
In conclusion, French toast made with almond milk is a nutritious and delicious variation of the traditional morning item. This is an excellent solution for those who are allergic to milk as well as allergic to dairy because it’s simple to create and therefore only needs a few basic ingredients.
This dish is a tasty and healthy way of enjoying French toast, despite a few possible drawbacks including the taste as well as texture variations.
Sure, you may cook using plant-based butter or oil as well as replace eggs with vegan alternatives like flax or chia seeds. For toppings, you can simply replace maple syrup as well as maple syrup for honey as well as whipped cream.
Any kind of bread can do, but Texas toast, challah, or even other thicker pieces work best for absorbing the egg mixture as well as producing a soft, fluffy texture.