It’s not just a mandarin beef fillet steak and onions dish, it’s coated in much more and also is succulently revealed one bite at a time. The orange marinade is the key to getting the steak tender and also juicy giving it an added burst of citrus. This is an excellent complement to any beef dish.
Mandarin Beef Fillet Steak
- 600-700 pieces of fillet steak
- 2 heaped teaspoons of French mustard
- 8-10 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- TO COOK
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Thyme and rosemary flowers, optional
- The day before, or at least a few hours before cooking, put all the ingredients in a large sandwich bag (pick and finely chop the rosemary first)
- Squeeze out the air then spend a few minutes massaging all the flavors into the meat. Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
- About 1½ hours before you’re ready to cook, remove the beef from the fridge and place it in a cool corner of the kitchen to come up slowly to room temperature
- Preheat your barbecue. Put a few knobs of chilled butter into a bowl of cold water and take those outside with you when you’re ready to cook
- This next bit is going to be down to you and also your intuition. What works for me every time is taking the fillet out of the bag, quickly patting it with kitchen paper then rolling it in olive oil and putting it on the hottest part of the barbecue to give it color. Rub it with a chilled knob of butter as you cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning every minute
- Once it looks good, move the fillet to a cooler part of the barbecue to finish cooking to your liking. Another 4 to 5 minutes, turning every minute should give you medium-done meat. If you like it medium rare, cook it for less, or also more for well done. It’s better to err on the side of under-done. That way, the worst-case scenario is that you take the fillet off, slice into it and find that it’s under-cooked, then have to put it back
- When you’re happy, put it on a platter, rub it again with butter so it really shines, then drizzle over more Worcestershire sauce, extra virgin olive oil, and thyme and rosemary flowers, if you have them
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes, before slicing it at the table. Season from a height then quickly rub the slices in the juices before you let everyone grab some
We have another related article Mandarin Grill
Health Benefits of Eating Mandarin Beef
Beef Provides a Large Source of L-Carnitine
L-carnitine is an amino acid that occurs naturally in mandarin beef products.
In the table below, we can see the L-carnitine content of beef compared to some other animal foods and plant foods;
Mandarin Beef For Heart Health
A meta-analysis of randomized trials suggests that L-carnitine improves patient outcomes. Specifically, it exerts an effect on hypertension, oxidative stress, nitric oxide, and inflammation.
A further systematic review found that L-carnitine is associated with a 27% reduction in all-cause mortality in heart failure patients.
A systematic review shows that higher L-carnitine intake in type 2 diabetes patients improves fasting glucose levels and the overall cholesterol profile.
According to a systematic review and meta-analysis of nine randomized controlled trials, subjects using L-carnitine supplementation lost “significantly more weight” than the control group.
It’s worth noting that while there are many L-carnitine supplements around, the absorption rate is poor in comparison to beef.
In fact, our body only absorbs around 14-18% of the synthetic form of the nutrient.
Mandarin Beef Provides the “Master Antioxidant” Glutathione
Commonly known as the ‘master antioxidant,’ glutathione has a score of research linking it to;
- Anti-aging benefits
- Increasing longevity
- Preventing illness
- Reducing the risk of chronic disease
- Strengthening the immune system
It helps protect every cell in our body from cellular damage, which can lead to many chronic diseases also.
On the other hand, a deficiency in glutathione contributes to oxidative stress and inflammation.
As a result, keeping glutathione levels high is important for our overall health.
Mandarin Beef is High in Protein and Helps Improve Muscle Mass
There are numerous reasons why we should strive to ensure a sufficient protein intake and also these include;
- Protein is the building blocks our body uses to repair and also make bone, skin, and cartilage
- Sufficient protein helps us to build and maintain lean muscle mass
- Out of all macronutrients, protein is the most satiating, and also it discourages food cravings
Mandarin beef is packed with health-promoting amino acids, and also it’s one of the single biggest sources of protein in the human diet.
For instance, a 6oz (170g) portion of 80% lean beef provides 46g of protein.
Should we opt for a leaner variety of beef, the protein content can be even higher
Beef is Extremely Rich in Minerals
If you’re looking to increase your intake of various minerals, then mandarin beef is one of the best options to consider.
First of all, beef is relatively nutrient-dense in minerals.
Many people have deficiency issues with some of these minerals.
So, the nutritional value of beef can help fight prevalent global deficiencies in iron, magnesium, and zinc
Eating Beef Helps Prevent Iron Deficiency Anemia
We touched on mineral deficiencies in the last point, but iron deficiency anemia deserves a mention of its own.
Sadly, iron deficiency anemia in mandarin beef is a growing epidemic around the world.
In a developed country such as the United States, nutrient deficiencies shouldn’t be a cause of death, yet anemia kills thousands every year. To be exact, the latest release of statistics showed that Anemia hospitalized 146,000 Americans in one year. 5,219 of these people died.
Globally it’s even worse, and according to the World Health Organization, 1.62 billion people suffer from iron deficiency anemia.
5 best Chinese Beef Dishes at Usmania Chinese
Mongolian Beef. This beef dish is packed with ginger and garlic taste.
Sesame Beef. This yummy beef stir-fry with a killer soy sauce and brown sugar sauce will definitely make you want to have seconds.
Beef With Broccoli.
It’s not just a fillet steak and onions dish, it’s coated in much more and is succulently revealed one bite at a time. The orange marinade is the key to getting the steak tender and juicy giving it an added burst of citrus. This is an excellent complement to any beef dish.
What is Szechuan beef? Szechuan Beef is stir-fried thin slices of marinated beef coated in a Szechuan sauce. The sauce is thick, tangy, and slightly sweet with a bit of a kick. This style originally comes from the Sichuan Province in China.
The 10 Most Popular Dishes in China
Kung Pao Chicken. What better way to start this list of popular Chinese foods than with one of China’s most renowned and famous dishes: kung pao chicken?
Sweet and Sour Pork.
Peking Roast Duck.
Chinese Hot Pot.
Wagyu beef originates from Japan and is considered by many the best beef on the planet. With the name meaning “Japanese Cow” (wa = Japanese, gyu = cow), it can be found in four different types of Japanese cattle.
It’s not just a mandarin beef fillet steak and onions dish, it’s coated in much more and is succulently revealed one bite at a time. The orange marinade is the key to getting the steak tender and also juicy giving it an added burst of citrus. This is an excellent complement to any beef dish.
Mandarin beef helps protect every cell in our body from cellular damage, which can lead to many chronic diseases. On the other hand, a deficiency in glutathione contributes to oxidative stress and inflammation. As a result, keeping glutathione levels high is important for our overall health.
Wagyu mandarin beef originates from Japan and also is considered by many the best beef on the planet. With the name meaning “Japanese Cow” (wa = Japanese, gyu = cow), it can be found in four different types of Japanese cattle.
Apart from telling you all about mandarin beef, I have also given you various recipes you can try at home whenever you like.
- Is Mandarin Cookies Sativa or Indica? Do You Know
- Mandarin Pancakes: Is it Good For Your Health?
- Organic Molasses: What is This Plus Best Benefits
- Costco Tortilla Crusted Tilapia | Recipes And More
- Famous Chinese Fish Recipes You Need to Try