Are you trying to come up with a new method to spice up dinner? The butternut squash Indian recipe for you is here. Look no further than this delicious, flavorful Indian dish. It is true what you just read!
You can create a dish that will make your taste sense sing by using the ideal combination of spices and cooking methods. This meal not only has a wow factor in terms of flavor, but it’s also simple to prepare, saving you time in the kitchen. Prepare to infuse your house with an authentic Indian flavor thanks to this fantastic recipe for butternut squash.
Popular and nutrient-dense vegetable butternut squash is used in many Indian recipes. It belongs to the gourd family and is linked to other squash varieties, cucumbers, and pumpkins. Because it adds a unique sweetness to dishes those contrasts with the savorer flavors of spices like turmeric and cumin, butternut squash is particularly adored in Indian cuisine.
Butternut squash can be a wonderful way to include fiber, vitamins A and C, magnesium, and potassium in your meals when used in Indian recipes. These minerals are not only delicious, but they also support digestion and the immune system. Additionally, butternut squash is a remarkably adaptable veggie that works well in both stews and curries.
Along with this, the perfect blend of savory and sweet is found in the creamy broth with a luscious texture made of butternut squash and sweet potato.
Butternut Squash Curry Indian Recipe
As the weather cools, butternut squash is the perfect ingredient to turn into a hearty, warm winter dish that’s rich in potassium, vitamin A, and fiber. Here is a butternut squash curry recipe for you. You must try this recipe.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 Minutes||45 Minutes||55 Minutes||8|
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 large Garlic cloves (minced)
- 3-inch Fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cup of Coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 – 1½ lb. Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of Broth or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons of coriander powder
- 1 large Red Spanish onion (finely chopped)
- Set the oven’s temperature to 325°F/165°C
- To avoid sticking, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and use cooking spray
- The butternut squash should be cleaned and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over them before setting them on the prepped baking sheet
- Give a spoonful of olive oil a drizzle. Until soft, roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes
- Cook the onion, ginger, and garlic in a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat until the scallions are translucent
- Add the seasonings and bay leaves next, then the tomato paste
- After that, add a few teaspoons of water and stir until fragrant on medium-low heat
- Add the water and coconut milk. Cook for ten minutes
- Add the lemon juice, parsley, and roasted butternut squash after that
- Add salt and pepper to taste. For a further 5 to 8 minutes, simmer
- To taste and season as necessary
- Add additional minced cilantro
Nutritional Information for the Best Butternut Squash Indian Recipe
Did you know that butternut squash is super nutritious? It is! Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this tasty ingredient is a great way to fuel your body and eat healthier.
But if you’re interested in the dietary data for this delicious Butternut Squash Indian Dish you found, here it is:
This Best Butternut Squash Indian Recipe is sure to be a hit, whether you’re looking for a main dish to impress at your upcoming dinner party or just something special to serve up for weeknight family meals.
This delicious dish is a wonderful way to add flavor and spice to any meal because it has a perfect mix of spices, crunchy textures, and flavors. So, the next time you’re stuck for ideas, try this dish.
Shahi korma, potato, and butternut squash curry are some examples of classic Indian dishes that use butternut squash.
Certainly, you can prepare an Indian dish with butternut squash that is vegan by substituting vegetable oil for the ghee and cream with coconut milk or another non-dairy milk. In some dishes, you can also substitute tofu or chickpeas for the meat.