Hey there! An almond flour mug cake is just a convenient and simple dessert that you can make in just a few minutes using a microwave-safe mug, almond flour, egg, added sugar, as well as a few other ingredients.
As almond flour is high in protein as well as good fats and low in carbohydrates, it is a healthier version of the conventional cake. Also, it is ideal for people who follow a low-carb or ketogenic diet or are gluten-free.
Simply combine the ingredients inside the mug, give it a quick microwave great deal of fun, as well as presto! You always have access to a delectable as well as delightful dessert.
Hence, enjoy them in moderation as well as replace them with a variety of healthy foods.
Almond Flour Mug Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|5 minutes||2 minutes||7 minutes||1|
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (such as honey, maple syrup, or stevia)
- Almond flour, baking soda, as well as salt should all be thoroughly blended in a cup that can go in the microwave
- Whisk one more until everything is well combined and creamy before adding the eggs, melting coconut or butter, oil, as well as sweetener
- Depending on how powerful your microwave is, microwave at high for 1 to 2 minutes. The cake should be firm as well as springy to the touch, but not overcooked or dry, after one minute to determine if it is thoroughly cooked
- Before enjoying, allow it to cool for a couple of minutes. If desired, you can add whipped cream, fresh fruit, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate
How to Store Almond Flour Mug Cake
Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two to three days in an airtight container. It is better to consume mug cakes when they are still fresh because they have the propensity to dry out rapidly.
How to Freeze Almond Flour Mug Cake
The almond flour mug cake can also be frozen for later! Place it within a freezer-safe bag or container after wrapping this in plastic wrap as well as aluminum foil.
A maximum of thirty days should be sufficient for storage. Simply remove the packaging to reheat for 30 to 1 minute on high, or until warm as well as soft.
How to Serve Almond Flour Mug Cake
This dessert recipe only serves one dish, making it ideal for a simple as well as speedy treat for one person. If you wish to prepare extra servings at once, you may easily double or quadruple the recipe!
Just be sure to choose a larger bowl as well as a container that can be heated in the microwave but also modify the cooking time accordingly.
I have written one more article on The Best Chocolate Almond Flour Cake For You
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- An almond flour mug cake is quick and simple to create, making it a wonderful choice when you’re running short of time
- The healthier choice to cake: This treat is a healthier version of conventional cake since it uses almond flour, which is low in carbohydrates and high in protein as well as good fats
- The sweetness, as well as the taste of your almond flour mug cake, could be readily changed by using various sweeteners or by including spices like cinnamon as well as nutmeg
- Almond flour’s texture can be slightly grainy as well as gritty and it might not be as smooth as standard flour-based cake
- The recipe only provides one serving, so it’s not the best choice if you’re trying to prepare a larger dessert for just a crowd
- Use of the microwave: This recipe might not be acceptable for those who prefer not to cook in the microwave
In conclusion, Almond flour mug cake is just a flavorful and nutritious dessert that can be made within only a few minutes using a microwave-safe mug as well as a handful of simple ingredients.
This is a fantastic option for you if you avoid gluten or follow low-carb as well as ketogenic diets, and it can be modified to your preferences with various sweeteners as well as flavors.
Although this dish is meant to be prepared in a microwave, you could be able to bake it using a conventional oven as well as toaster oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F. Monitor it carefully to prevent overcooking.
Yes! Your almond flour mug cake can be enhanced by adding whipped cream, fresh fruit, nuts, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate. Just be careful to change the nutritional information appropriately.