Good day! Are you a Mayo fan seeking a healthy substitute? Have you ever tried the avocado oil mayo recipe? You’re in for a treat if not! Avocado oil is well known for having a variety of health advantages, including a high content of antioxidants as well as heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Moreover, it makes a delightful and creamy spread that is excellent for sandwiches, wraps, and dips when combined with mayo. In this blog, we’ll look at the advantages of using avocado oil in mayo, how it differs from regular mayo, as well as some delectable home cooking ideas.
What is Avocado Oil Mayo?
Although, a healthier alternative to conventional mayo made with vegetable oils is avocado oil mayo. It is produced with cold-pressed avocado oil, which is rich in antioxidants and beneficial monounsaturated fats, rather than processed oils like soybean or canola.
Benefits of Avocado Oil Mayo for Health
Not only is avocado oil mayo wonderful, but it is also very healthful. Avocado oil includes antioxidants that can help guard against inflammation and oxidative stress and is high in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that is good for the heart.
Mayo With Avocado Oil Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|5 Minutes||0 Minute||5 Minutes||16|
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Mix the egg, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt thoroughly in a food processor or blender
- After the mixture is thick and creamy, slowly add the avocado oil in a steady stream while the motor is running
- Transfer the mayo to a jar and refrigerate for up to a week when it reaches the consistency you prefer
For up to a week, homemade mayo should keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The manufacturer’s directions should be followed when storing store-bought avocado oil mayo. However, to avoid deterioration, it must be kept chilled.
Where to Purchase
Most supermarket stores, health food stores, and online merchants carry this mayo. Search for names like Sir Kensington’s, Selected Foods, and Primal Kitchen.
Pros of Avocado Oil Mayo:
- Heart-healthy monounsaturated fats are high
- Contains antioxidants that can act as a defense against oxidative stress and inflammation
- Superior nutritional profile vs conventional mayo
- For use in a variety of dishes, this tasty ingredient is quite adaptable
Cons of Avocado Oil Mayo:
- More caloric than conventional mayo
- However, it might cost more than regular mayo
- The slightly fuller flavor of this mayo may not be to everyone’s taste
Furthermore, it is a tasty and healthful option for regular mayo. It may be used in many recipes and is loaded with good fats and antioxidants. Whether you purchase it or create it yourself, including this avocado mayo in your diet can be a quick method to boost your health while still enjoying tasty food.
Similar to typical mayo in both texture and flavor, it has a somewhat deeper flavor due to the avocado oil. In comparison to conventional mayo, it also offers a healthier nutritional profile with more good fats and less saturated fat.
Vegans can consume some brands of this mayo, but not all. To be certain, check the label or get in touch with the manufacturer.
Although it has more calories than some other condiments, it also has more vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. It can be included in a balanced diet and enjoyed in moderation.