Are you tired of the same old pasta recipes? Are you looking to try something new and mouthwatering dish? Then keep all other dishes aside and try Chermoula Shrimp and Orzo dish! This flavorful and delightful dish is a simple and easy recipe that has gained so much popularity in North Africa.
Because of the presence of spicy chermoula sauce, shrimp, and orzo pasta, this dish has a perfect and great combination of delicious flavors and textures. So, if you’re looking for a quick and healthy weeknight meal then Chermoula Shrimp and Orzo is a great choice.
What is Chermoula Shrimp
Chermoula shrimp is a delicious and flavorful dish that has become very much popular in North African cuisine. You can prepare this dish by marinating the shrimp with chermoula sauce. This sauce is a combination of a spicy mixture of herbs, spices, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. This sauce enhances the delicious and mouthwatering flavor of shrimp and tenderizes it to create a juicy texture.
To prepare chermoula shrimp and orzo, start by making the chermoula sauce by blending cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor. Marinate the shrimp in the chermoula sauce for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the shrimp with the chermoula sauce. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side. You can serve the chermoula shrimp and orzo along with the fresh pita bread. This will enhance delicious and satisfying addition to your meal.
Are you looking for a tasty and flavorful pasta dish that is a perfect substitute for various dishes? Then Orzo is suitable for you. It is a food that is very popular in African and Italian cuisine. It is a gluten-free dish as compared to other pasta dishes. So, if you’re looking for a refreshing salad or a delicious and satisfying main dish, then orzo is a perfect choice.
Chermoula shrimp and orzo is a delicious and popular dish that has gained so much popularity in recent times. It is a Mediterranean recipe that originated in North African countries. In such countries, chermoula sauce is used as a main ingredient in many recipes.
The popularity of this dish is due to its unique flavors and versatility. You can prepare Chermoula shrimp and orzo can be prepared in many different ways, making it a perfect choice for your occasions, events, weeknight dinner, and parties.
Moreover, this dish is very easy to prepare. You can customize it according to your taste. Like, you can adjust the amounts of spicy items in the chermoula sauce by adding pepper or other ingredients if you want.
Why Chermoula Shrimp is Added to an Orzo Dish?
Chermoula shrimp is a flavorful and delicious addition to any dish. You can combine it with orzo pasta. When such shrimp is added to an orzo dish, it enlightens the spicy flavor of your pasta dish. The tender shrimp also provides a satisfying texture to the soft orzo. The combination of these two ingredients creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures that will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Adding chermoula shrimp and orzo to your dish is also the best way to increase the protein and nutritional components of your meal. Shrimp has a low amount of fat, and high protein content as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
Chermoula shrimp and orzo is a delicious, flavorful, and mouthwatering dish that is mostly preferred by people for a perfect and easy weeknight dinner. Here’s a simple and easy recipe to prepare this dish,
- 1-pound large shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Steps of Preparation
- In a large bowl, properly mix the parsley, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper
- Now add the shrimp to the bowl
- Toss it well to coat it with the chermoula sauce
- Now cover it and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Cook the orzo pasta as per instructions
- Now drain it and transfer it into a large bowl.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter
- Add the shrimp and cook it well until cooked through
- Add the cooked shrimp to the bowl with the orzo pasta and toss it well to combine
- Sprinkle it by using Parmesan cheese and serve your dish
- Prepare your ingredients and tools
- English (Publication Language)
- ORZO PASTA: Orzo pasta, which means “barley” in Italian, is traditionally used in soups; Stock up…
- BARILLA PASTA: Made with 100% durum wheat and water to deliver great taste and “al dente” texture…
- CREATE DELICIOUS PASTA MEALS: Versatile, rice-shaped orzo pasta has been widely adapted by chefs for…
- Our authentic Italian whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia Italy where…
- Made exclusively of Puglia-grown durum wheat semolina, Orzo can be eaten in soups, where it adds…
- RUN OUT OF RICE? DISCOVER DELECTABLE ORZO: Chuster’s scrumptious rice-shaped noodles add crunchy…
- LOW FAT, CHOLESTEROL FREE & NATURALLY FILLING: It’s the little pasta with big benefits! Made of…
- PAIRS DELICIOUSLY WITH ALL KINDS OF CUISINE: Cooking Italian, Greek, or Israeli? No matter your…
- YUMMY ISRAELI ORZO: EXPLORE THE PASTA-BILITIES: Much like your favorite pastas, our rice-shaped…
- PASTA CAN’T BE HEALTHY? ORZO YOU THOUGHT: Our delicious whole wheat variety is free of sodium,…
- DELICATE TASTE MEETS MOUTHWATERING TEXTURE: Like couscous, barley and quinoa, orzo is an ideal match…
Is Chermoula Shrimp Suitable for Health?
Yeah.!!! Chermoula shrimp and orzo is a healthy and perfect meal option full of nutritional benefits, depending upon the methods that how you prepare it.
Shrimp contain low amounts of calories and lower fat contents, and also high amounts of protein. It is also a perfect source of essential nutrients like selenium, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Maybe it contains a high amount of cholesterol so always try to consume it in a moderate amount.
The chermoula sauce which you use to marinate the shrimp is prepared by using fresh herbs and spices. It also contains antioxidants and other beneficial components. Such sauce may also contain added salt or oil, which may lead to an increased calorie content in your meal.
You can make it a healthier and perfect dish, by using less amount of sauce or by adding less amount of salt or oil. You can Serve it with various fresh veggies, such as roasted or steamed broccoli or cauliflower. These veggies help to increase the nutritional components of your dish.
Chermoula shrimp and orzo is a mouth-watering dish. You can combine this dish with the flavors of chermoula sauce when you combine it with shrimp and orzo pasta. This dish is a very healthy option and it is very easy to prepare. This makes it a perfect choice for your night meal.
The combination of spices and herbs in chermoula sauce adds flavor to your dish. Whereas shrimp and orzo are great sources of protein and complex carbohydrates. By changing a few ingredients in your recipe i.e., by reducing the amount of salt or oil, you can make this dish a healthy option. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner then this shrimp and orzo is a perfect dish.
Yes, you can definitely use a different type of pasta if you prefer. Penne, fusilli, or spaghetti would all work well in this dish.
You can marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2 hours for more flavor. Be careful not to marinate the shrimp for too long as the acid in the lemon juice can start to “cook” the shrimp and affect the texture.