Our hearty and flavorful Turkey Tortilla Soup blends juicy slices of tender turkey with a colorful and crunchy variety of veggies, all cooked in a thick and spicy broth. Each mouthful of turkey tortilla soup, garnished with crispy tortilla pieces and a splash of lime, will take you on a culinary adventure. Therefore, it indulges in the enticing flavors of traditional Mexican cuisine with a twist.
This soup, with its ideal blend of savory and spicy tastes, is sure to warm your heart and delight your taste buds. So, why not surprise yourself and those around you with a tasty and nutritious dinner with a bowl of our delicious turkey tortilla soup?
What Actually Is Turkey Tortilla Soup?
Primarily, turkey tortilla soup is a Mexican-inspired soup cooked with shredded turkey, chili powder, cumin-seasoned broth, diced tomatoes, and onions, and likewise served with tortilla strips and fresh cilantro. The recipe has a savory and somewhat spicy flavor and will be a warm and filling idea for your chilly night.
Do you Enjoy Tortilla Soup?
Yes, you may enjoy this turkey tortilla soup. It is a delicious experience with every spoonful. be familiar with numerous tortilla soups. Hence, it is a traditional Mexican soup cooked with chicken broth as the substrate and ingredients such as chopped tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, and garlic.
Traditionally served with crispy tortilla strips and slices of avocado, the soup is spiced with cumin, chili powder, and oregano. Shredded chicken, cheese, and lime juice are additional options. The soup is well-known in Mexican cuisine for its pleasantly warm taste.
Although it’s frequently served with chicken, we can prepare it just as easily with lean turkey. If you have your own stock of turkey, then turkey tortilla soup would be even more amazing.
What Role Does The Tortilla Have In The Soup?
In the context of tortilla soup, “tortilla” refers to the thin, flat, circular bread that is a classic in Mexican cuisine. When creating tortilla soup, tortillas are usually used as the main ingredient to give the soup’s taste and texture depth and richness. The addition of tortillas to tortilla soup adds a mild sweetness and a somewhat nutty taste to the broth, as well as a soothing, starchy component to the soup.
Therefore, the tortilla in turkey tortilla soup acts as a tasty and texture ingredient that distinguishes the soup from other types of soups and contributes to its popularity in Mexican cuisine.
What Exactly Is Turkey?
Turkeys are only found in North America. They are a kind of fowl that, like chickens, belongs to the order Galliformes. All of our domestic turkeys today are bred from tamed Aztec birds from southern Mexico. Not only is turkey meat healthier than rival products, but it is also more affordable. It contains white flesh like chicken and tastes better, which is why we substitute turkey for chicken in many recipes, such as turkey tortilla soup.
Health Benefits Of Turkey
Turkey meat is a healthy and nutritious food that provides several benefits for the human body, including
- When compared to other meats, turkey is relatively low in fat, making it a healthier choice for those trying to reduce their intake of fat
- The body needs protein for tissue growth and repair as well as immune system support, turkey is an excellent source of this nutrient
- Turkey is a source of several B vitamins, including niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, which are necessary for heart health, brain function
- Turkey is also a good source of minerals, for instance, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc, which are essential for maintaining bone health
- Turkey is lean meat, which means it provides a decent supply of protein without the additional fat found in other meats. consequently, turkey meat is a healthy choice for individuals who are attempting to lose weight or keep their weight in check
Turkey Tortilla Soup is a Mexican-inspired soup made with shredded turkey, chili powder, cumin-seasoned stock, diced tomatoes and onions, and tortilla strips garnished with fresh cilantro. The dish has a delicious and somewhat spicy flavor and will be a warm and hearty option on a cold night.
Turkey is a rich source of protein, which the body needs for tissue development and repair as well as immune system support. It has various B vitamins, including niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, which are essential for heart health, cognitive function, and energy production.
Turkey is an excellent source of minerals such as phosphorus, selenium, and zinc, all of which are necessary for bone health, immune support, and hormone function.
Soup can have many health benefits, including, Soup is mostly liquid, which can help to keep you hydrated, and it can provide vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that are important for good health. it can be also a low-calorie, low-fat option for those looking to manage their weight.
You Can Substitute Turkey
You may use chicken instead of turkey. Absolutely! This soup would be equally delicious with leftover chicken. Simply shred or dice the chicken flesh and add it last. And if you love any other meat you can use, feel free! This recipe for hot tortilla soup includes chicken or turkey, cilantro, onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, spices, chicken stock, and lime juice.
If you adore this delectable Turkey Tortilla Soup recipe, you should experiment with additional turkey recipes. the chili recipe is healthy how to make Turkey with Chili, Why turkey Fried Rice is Good For You? Nonetheless, if you like soup, try our special recipe. In One Bowl, Crash of Vegetables! Tortilla Soup Vegetarian, or Fulfill Your Cravings With This Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Essential Turkey Tortilla Soup Additives
- Take note that chicken broth has a stronger flavor than turkey broth. Usually, I prefer chicken broth whenever I’m low on turkey and turkey broth when I have more meat and veggies
- Do not omit the water when adding extra broth! Water helps avoid overseasoning and is a nice way to balance out all of your flavors
- Consider adding some fiery salsa verde if you really want to crank up the heat
- In addition to salt and pepper to taste, the recipe asks for cumin and chili powder. Just pay attention to how much spice you want, if you want more then add more
- Obviously, no soup is perfect without delectable and nutritious veggies! Feel free to substitute your favorite vegetables in this tortilla soup recipe
Do you Freeze Spicy Turkey Tortilla Soup?
This leftover turkey tortilla soup may be refrigerated for up to a minimum of 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. You may also use leftover chicken, to make this soup. To freeze tortilla soup, do the following:
- Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. Lets the soup cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container
- Avoid using containers with a lot of headspaces, as this will allow air to circulate and can cause freezer burn Place the container in the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months
- Transfer the frozen soup to a pot and heat over low heat until fully thawed and heated through. Reheating the soup in the microwave can cause it to become overcooked, resulting in a loss of flavor and texture
With The Proper Toppings, You May Create Stunning Looks
Similarly, this tortilla soup is wonderful when topped with crumbled tortilla chips and avocado, but the toppings may simply be changed to your desire. Here are a few of our favorite tracks
- Chips made from tortillas
- Avocado, chopped
- More cilantro, diced
- Lemon wedges
- Cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- Crispy tortilla garnish
- Cut the corn tortillas into small strips
Making the Most Delicious Turkey Tortilla Soup
However, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper are among the fragrant ingredients used in this soup. The taste is then heightened with fresh lime juice, which is an absolute necessity for this soup. Hence, it gives the soup a pleasant taste that makes it tempting. To make the turkey tortilla soup spicier, add canned green chiles, adobo chilies, chipotle chili powder, or fresh chopped jalapenos.
Further more Shred your turkey, defrost your frozen corn, and drain and rinse your black beans before you begin cooking. In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
Turkey Tortilla Soup’s Ingredients
- Olive oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
- Cornmeal: ¼ cup
- Chili powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Turkey broth: 8-10 cups of (turkey or chicken broth)
- Cooked turkey: 2 cups (shredded or chopped)
- Tomatoes: 1 can 14.5 oz chopped
- Black beans: 1 can 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- Frozen corn: 1 ½ cups kernels
- Chili peppers: 1 can 8 oz roasted (chopped)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Pepper: 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Taco seasoning: 1 Tablespoon
- Corn tortillas: 12
Garnishing Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Avocados: 2 avocados, peeled, stones removed, diced
- Lime, juice: 1 lime, juice only
- Green Onions: 3-4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Cheese: 100g/3½oz grated hard cheese (Optional)
- Cook onions in olive oil over medium heat. (1 tbsp olive oil, 1 onion)
- When the onions are soft, add the garlic and cornmeal. Stir for 1 minute over low heat. (14 cup corn meal, 2 garlic cloves)
- Stir in the chili powder. If you overcook the chili powder, it will become bitter. (1 teaspoon of chili powder)
- Cook until the broth is simmering over medium heat, 8-10 cups broth (turkey or chicken)
- Combine black beans, corn, turkey, peppers, and tomatoes in a mixing bowl. (chopped tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn kernels, roasted chili peppers)
- Season with salt and pepper. (1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper)
- Simmer for 5 minutes more, or until thoroughly heated, Remove from the fire, season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the cilantro and lime juice. now enjoy your turkey tortilla soup
This turkey tortilla soup is a fantastic way to use up turkey and stuffing! This delicious soup is created with beans, corn, tomatoes, and a rich turkey broth (made from leftover turkey bones) that is completed with lime juice. The additives include zesty sour cream, crispy tortilla strips, savory cheddar, and creamy avocado.
However, Turkey Tortilla Soup is a culinary delight in every spoon. and It’s ideal for warming those chilly winters, but also a combination of those) from the dinner.