The tough outer covering of corn is used to make corn bran, a nutritional product. Also, corn bran cereal has a very high fiber content. Along with this, you can utilize it in a wide range of ways, just like the brans generated from other grain crops. This ingredient uses by many commercial food companies as a filler as well as to lower the calorie content of snack items.
Additionally, it can use in home cooking to add texture as well as raise the fiber content of a variety of meals. The bran, the endosperm, as well as the germ, are the three components of grains. The grain shields you from the environment through the bran, which is the grain’s tough outer shell.
The majority of the grain, the endosperm, is located inside the bran, while the nutrient-rich germ is located at one end of the grain. However, if the grain allows it to grow into a seedling, the bran will ultimately break open, letting the tiny plant’s roots, as well as leaves, show.
The endosperm is the only component used to make basic white flour, including white corn flour. Although the endosperm tends to be weaker in fiber as well as nutrients than the grain as a whole, it has a smooth, mellow flavor. The nutritional value rises when the germ adds, as well as the fiber content, whole grain rises when the bran adds to form whole grain flour.
The amount of fiber in a recipe significantly increases when simple cereals bran includes. Along with this, it can use to increase the fiber in foods like cereal, chips, snack bars, as well as other items. Bran frequently uses in foods created for dieters to keep the calories low as well as the food full because it is generally indigestible and has little effect on the calorie count.
Cooks who want to reduce the number of carbohydrates in their dishes can benefit from corn bran’s low carbohydrate content. Many low-carb foods use this ingredient to impart a corn flavor.
Corn Bran Flakes Cereal Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 or 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 or 1/2 cups of finely crushed quaker crunchy corn bran about 4 cups of cereal
- Combine the milk, raisins, sugar, oil, as well as egg
- Combine the leftover dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- The dry ingredients should moisten by drizzling milk mixture over them gradually
- Oil or line 12 medium muffin pans with a paper about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake in a 400° preheated oven. The oven should be on for around 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- However, if you cannot get Quaker corn bran then use substitute cornflakes
- After that, approximately 12 muffins produce
Homemade Corn Bran Cereal Recipe
This homemade corn bran cereal recipe bakes in the oven. The flavor is beautiful, and sweet, as well as toasted corn. Along with this, it retains its crunch in milk. Also, it is very similar to boxed cereal in flavor. The recipe yields a modest amount enough for two to three small bowls of cereal.
However, you can easily double or triple it. Just make sure to split the batter among several baking sheets to prevent the finished product from being overly thick. This cereal is excellent for you as a snack, as a topping for ice cream as well as yogurt, as well as it can be crushed and used as breading.
|2 hours 10 minutes||2 cups|
Total time 2 hours 10 minutes because it includes cooling time.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable or grapeseed oil as well as a nonstick baking spray for greasing
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven as well as heat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- The rimmed baking sheet should be lined with parchment paper or foil as well as lightly greased with baking spray or oil
- Also, in a medium bowl, combine the sugar, salt, as well as 1 cup of the cornmeal
- Once the mixture is smooth and thin, gradually add the vanilla essence as well as 3/4 cup water while churning
- Add more water if the situation is too dry. Something with the consistency of pancake batter is what you need
- Spread out the batter evenly after pouring it onto the prepared baking sheet. The edges won’t be reached, but that’s okay
- About 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick is the ideal layer thickness
- The remaining 1/2 cup of cornmeal should be mixed with 1 teaspoon of water until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs, if necessary, add another teaspoon as well as two of water
- Add the cornmeal crumbs to the batter’s surface (this will help give it a little extra crunchy texture
- Keep a tight eye on it and bake in the center of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the dough has dried out and cracked
- You want it to have the appearance of a cracked, desert landscape
- Remove from the oven and lower the heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use your hands to tear as well as break the dough into little flakes when the baking sheet has cooled
- Return to the oven and bake the items for another 45 minutes or more on the center rack as well as until they are toasted, crisp, as well as golden
- Before serving with milk or as you would any cereal, allow it to cool fully
- For up to two weeks, keep leftovers in an airtight container in a cold, dry location
Benefits of Corn Bran Cereal
Along with this, a delectable, as well as healthy breakfast cereal is Kellogg’s raisin bran. Additionally, it frequently contains raisins, bran flakes cereal, sweeteners, salt, and flavors, as well as a variety of other vitamins and minerals. The following list of corn bran cereal’s health advantages.
Increase your Energy
The meal’s high carbohydrate content will support the body’s demand for energy. For this reason, breakfast cereal made of corn is ideal. Since it will provide greater energy as well as helps in continuing the day’s activity from the morning.
Additionally, fiber-rich corn cereal. Along with this, as a result, it may help in satisfying the body’s requirement for fiber. Numerous bodily processes will be improved with the aid of this fiber.
The fiber in corn cereal also helps to promote better bowel movements. This can prevent digestive issues like constipation as well as result in a healthy digestive tract.
Increase in Metabolic Rate
The ability to lead a faster metabolism is one of maize cereal’s additional health benefits. This is how our body’s mechanisms function to convert food into energy more quickly. Because of this, it can provide a sufficient amount of energy every day.
Corn Bran Cereal Full of Vitamins
Corn cereal is also well known for being vitamin rich. vitamin B types, primarily A, C, as well as D. For kids that require a greater quantity of vitamins during their developmental stage, this is a positive thing.
Corn Bran Cereal Promotes Growth
The cereal’s balance of vitamins and minerals is ideal for promoting children’s growth. Therefore, eating corn cereal in the morning can be an excellent method to help your kids grow up healthier.
Corn Bran Cereal Prevent Osteoporosis
Corn cereal contains calcium as well as potassium, which is an effective strategy to prevent osteoporosis. Along with this, it will help in boosting bone density as well as prevent bone fractures.
Corn Bran Cereal Keep Cardiovascular
There is no cholesterol in this cereal. Keeping a healthier cardiovascular system is therefore a smart alternative. Along with this, it will maintain a healthy amount of cholesterol in the blood vessels.
Corn Bran Cereal Strong Heart
When the cardiovascular system is in good shape, the heart’s blood vessels may also benefit. Any heart attack symptoms will result from it, thus.
Corn Bran Cereal Enhance Immunity
Corn cereal contains vitamin C, which is a wonderful approach to boosting defenses. Therefore, eating this cereal can help you from contracting more illnesses.
Corn Bran Cereal Prevent Anemia
Iron, which helps to maximize the red blood cell concentration, is also included in corn cereal. This cereal is another way to help prevent the signs of anemia.
Corn Bran Cereal Boosts Lung Health
The cereal’s magnesium level is beneficial for maintaining a healthy lung. Along with this, it may increase lung capacity as well as result in a more effective respiratory system.
Corn Bran Cereal Optimal Eye
The cereal also contains a lot of vitamin A, which is usually helpful for maintaining good vision. Additionally, it will help to avoid any eye illnesses.
Corn Bran Cereal Boost Muscle
The corn cereal’s vitamin B, as well as protein content, is a wonderful approach to building muscle. Consuming this cereal will therefore support maintaining healthy muscles as well.
The maize’s rough outer layer is utilized to manufacture corn bran, a wholesome food. Corn bran cereal also has a significant amount of fiber. Additionally, you can put it to use in a variety of ways, just like you do with bran made from other grain crops.
Additionally, it can be used in home cooking to increase the fiber content of many different foods and provide texture. The bran, which is the grain’s hard outer layer, protects you from the environment.
Vitamin C is present in corn cereal, making it a great way to strengthen defenses. Consequently, consuming this cereal can prevent you from acquiring other diseases. These are all advantages of eating corn cereal for breakfast in terms of health.
Not only is it a kid’s favorite morning food, but it also seems to have certain benefits. Consequently, it could be a good idea to serve a plate of corn cereal and milk in the morning. There will be more practice, lots of energy, as well as nourishment as well.