Are Almond Joy candy bars among your favorites? I’m going to share with you today a great recipe for Almond Joy Cookies that you can prepare at home. You’re in for a treat if you are, though! Shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds all the delicious ingredients you adore in Almond Joy candy bars are packed into these cookies.
Think of biting into a warm, chewy cookie that is flavorful of coconut and chocolate with a hint of crunch from the almonds. Your sweet tooth needs will be satisfied by this delicious mixture of sweet as well as nutty flavors.
So don’t worry, even if you’ve never baked before, these cookies are incredibly simple to create. Although, a few basic ingredients and some patience are all you need. So, let’s get started on baking these delicious Almond Joy Cookies!
Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes||24|
Ingredients | Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 whole almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Instructions | Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- Cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until frothy in a different, big basin
- Stir in the vanilla essence after beating in each egg one at a time
- Mix until just mixed after gradually incorporating the flour mixture into the butter mixture
- Add the chocolate chunks, coconut shavings, and chopped almonds by stirring
- Put the dough onto a baking sheet that has been coated with parchment paper in tablespoon-sized pieces
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges
- The cookies should cool for five minutes on the baking sheet before being moved to a wire rack to finish cooling
Although almond joy cookies are great on their own, here are some suggestions for serving them with something else:
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk
- For a crunchy, sweet topping on ice cream, crumble the cookies
- Spread Nutella or peanut butter between two cookies to create cookie sandwiches
How to Store Almond Joy Cookies
Almond Joy cookies can keep in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to three days if you have any extras. You can freeze them for up to three months if you want to keep them, fresher, for longer. Before serving, simply defrost them at room temperature in a freezer-safe bag or container.
Tip For Almond Joy Cookies Recipe
Below are some tips for baking Almond Joy cookies:
- Before creaming the butter and sugar, make sure the butter is at room temperature. This will assist in making the mixture fluffy and airy
- For a sweeter cookie, use sweetened coconut shreds as opposed to unsweetened coconut
- Don’t over-mix the dough, please. Tough cookies may be the result of overmixing
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes if you prefer softer cookies. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes if you wish them to be crunchier
Kids’ Fun Activity
Although, a nice activity to do with youngsters is baking Almond Joy cookies. Kids will like dropping the dough onto the baking sheet and can assist with weighing out and mixing the ingredients. Also, it’s a wonderful chance to explain to children the value of measuring precisely and adhering to a recipe.
I have written one more article on it.
- Simple to build and quick to put together
- A tasty variation on a traditional candy bar
- May be kept and frozen for a future use
- Fantastic for gatherings, parties, gifts, and as a kid-friendly activity
- Although, it has elements that are heavy in calories and sugar
- Those who have nut allergies might not want to consume this
- needs particular components, like sweetened condensed milk as well as shredded coconut
Almond Joy cookies are a tasty and simple delicacy that will delight anyone with a sweet taste. They’re the ideal variation on the traditional candy bar with their inclusion of chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and chopped almonds. These cookies will be a hit whether you make them for a party, as a gift, or just for yourself.
It’s time to start baking now that you have all the information you need about almond joy cookies. Follow the directions and advice we’ve given or use your imagination to create your variants. Have fun and savor the tasty outcomes, whatever you decide!
Of course, bear in mind that without sweetened coconut, the cookies won’t be as sweet.
Yes, you can make the cookies gluten-free by using all-purpose flour instead of gluten-free flour.
Certainly, feel free to use the chocolate chips of your choice.