Good day! Have you ever tried a cherry almond cake recipe? It’s a delectable treat that mixes the nutty flavor of almonds with the sweetness of cherries cooked into a moist and fluffy cake. It’s the ideal dish for every event, from a simple dinner party to a casual afternoon snack, thanks to the mouthwatering blend of flavors and textures.
You are certainly missing out if you haven’t tried it yet! This article will assist you in making a stunning and delectable cherry almond cake that will wow your friends and family, whether you are an expert baker or just getting started.
Benefits of Cherry Almond Cake for Health
And the best part? The best part is cherry almond cake is undoubtedly a delectable dessert, but it may also have some health advantages. For instance, almonds are a fantastic source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. They have also been linked to a lower risk of heart disease and better cholesterol levels.
Cherries include a wealth of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant chemicals that may help prevent chronic diseases as well as advance general health.
Homemade Cherry Almond Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 minutes||35 minutes||55 minutes||8|
Ingredients | Cherry Almond Cake Recipe
- Two huge eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- Sliced almonds in 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- one tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup pitted and minced cherries, either fresh or frozen
Instructions | Cherry Almond Cake Recipe
- Prepare a 9-inch cake pan with oil and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Mix the salt, baking powder, and flour in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar in a big bowl until they are light and creamy
- Stir in the almond extract after beating in each egg one at a time
- Till the batter is smooth, add the flour mixture gradually while alternating with the milk
- Add the chopped cherries and almond slices after folding
- Fill the prepared cake pan with the batter, then use a spatula to smooth the top
- A toothpick placed in the center of the cake should come out clean after 35 minutes of baking
- The cake should cool in the pan for ten minutes before being moved to a wire rack to finish cooling
- If desired, top the cherry almond cake with whipped cream or serve it plain
Ideas for Serving
Although the cherry almond cake is excellent on its own, adding whipped cream or vanilla ice cream makes it even more remarkable. It goes nicely with a cup of tea or coffee and is the ideal dessert for spring or summer.
How To Store
Furthermore, if there are any leftovers, you can keep the cake at room temperature for up to three days in an airtight container. The cake can be frozen for up to two months.
Tips and Tricks
When fresh cherries are in season, consider putting them in this cake to make it especially special. For a more pronounced almond taste, you can also use almond flour in place of up to 1/3 of the all-purpose flour.
Variations on the Cherry Almond Cake Recipe
Cherry almond cake can be made in a variety of ways, for as by adding other ingredients like peaches or raspberries or different nuts like hazelnuts or pistachios. Attempt a version without wheat by using gluten-free flour or try experimenting with different types of flour.
Moreover, are you looking for a gluten-free almond cake recipe? Try this recipe also.
Pros And Cons
- The flavor profile is unique and delightful thanks to the pairing of cherries and almonds
- The inclusion of whole milk makes the cake moist and soft
- The cake gets a lovely crunch and texture from the sliced almonds
- This cake is simple to make and ideal for brunch or dessert on any occasion
- The preparation process could take longer because it can be challenging to pit fresh cherries
- The cake’s sliced almonds may not be to everyone’s taste due to their texture
- Those who are allergic to nuts may not be able to eat this dessert
- It should be eaten in moderation as part of a balanced diet, just like any other cake
All in all, I hope you like it as much as I did creating and eating this wonderful cherry almond cake. It’s the ideal treat for any celebration, and everyone who likes dessert will adore the flavor combination of sweet cherries and nutty almonds.
You may bake a lovely and delicious cake that will impress your family and friends with a little bit of time and work. Hence, feel free to try this recipe, and let me know how it comes out in the comments!
It can be served for brunch, afternoon tea, dessert, or even given as a gift. Cherry almond cake is a flexible cake.
Cherry almond cake can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days if it is wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container. As an alternative, it can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.