The most common main dish these days is fried chicken. Anyway, how about trying kfc original recipe chicken breast with no skin? Because of its widespread popularity among kids, KFC’s chicken is always among the chain’s top sellers.
If you’re short on time but still want to make sure the kids in your life are smiling, I’ve got you covered with this simple and delicious at-home twist on the original KFC recipe chicken breast.
Traditional fried chicken may be the ultimate comfort food, but its appeal and history go far beyond that. The idea has existed for some time and has antecedents in other cultures.
In KFC’s Own Words
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) didn’t open in Pakistan until 1997, after many years of waiting, and since then, Pakistanis have had nothing but delicious food that will make them want to lick their fingers. KFC’s Finger-Lickin’ Chicken is now available in 32 cities across Pakistan, just over a decade after the first KFC restaurant opened.
Karachi’s Gulshan Iqbal district. In Pakistan, KFC has the most dedicated dine-in and takeout customers of any fast food chain. Therefore, it makes every effort to serve its customers the freshest chicken and the best dining experience possible.
Colonel Harland Sanders is credited with coining the now-iconic slogan “We do chicken right,” which contributed to the chain’s meteoric rise to fame. Sanders spent much time and energy perfecting the recipe for the secret blend of 11 herbs and spices used in each of the 10,000 KFC restaurants worldwide.
We owe our success as a company to the tenacity and enthusiasm with which the Colonel has spread his enthusiasm for chicken worldwide, from his humble beginnings outside his gas station in Korbin, Kentucky, to his current status as a household name. We’ve come a long way from those humble beginnings to become the thriving business we are today.
The KFC Chicken
The number of eateries serving fried chicken is staggering. KFC’s chicken may be a little chewy, but it does a good job of satisfying hunger. It might seem difficult to prepare this chicken breast according to Kfc’s original recipe, but that’s not the case. If you want that crisp signature exterior and juicy, tender interior, it’s money well spent.
Its chicken breast is especially tasty when prepared according to the original KFC recipe and served in a crunchy and juicy bun. However, if you make it at home, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. You have more control over the seasoning when you make chicken at home rather than ordering it from KFC.
It will all be worth it when you put in the time and effort to make some fried chicken and realize what comfort food is all about.
How KFC’s Original Chicken Breast Recipe Is Made
Exactly eleven different herbs and spices—basil, black pepper, celery salt, garlic salt, ginger, mustard powder, oregano, paprika, salt, thyme, and white pepper—go into making a single Kfc chicken breast.
It’s common knowledge that the original KFC chicken breast recipe called for cottonseed oil. Most other types of vegetable oils have been replaced by hydrogenated vegetable oil. Chicken Would Indulge Your Desires, and You Can Make the World-Famous Jordans Fish with It. Recipe for boneless chicken breasts cooked in sous vides machine. You can also try Amazing Airfryer Kfc Chicken Breast Recipe: You Must Try It.
To get started, you’ll need the following materials:
- KFC’s Classic Chicken Breast with Original Seasoning
- Bread flour for the world
- Thyme that has been reduced to a powder
- Ingredients for a celery and salt seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Granulated white pepper
- Mustard powder
- Garlic salt seasoning
- Tossed with shredded ginger
- Enhancer of Flavoring (optional)
- Total Chicken
- Vegetable-based frying oil
Machinery | KFC’s Classic Chicken Breast
- The main difference between store-bought KFC chicken and homemade chicken is pressure cooking. If you want perfectly cooked chicken every time, you need a pressure fryer
- Faster cooking at lower oil temperatures is possible using a pressure fryer instead of a traditional deep fryer. A pressure fryer can avoid over-frying your food while retaining its natural moisture and flavor. This method uses a traditional Kentucky fried chicken recipe, resulting in a healthier and tastier bird
- Of course, a commercial pressure fryer isn’t something you’d find sitting on your kitchen counter, so a regular deep fryer or even a Dutch oven will do the trick in a pinch
- You can find everything you need to make this recipe commercially if you don’t have a deep fryer or Dutch oven
- Any cooking method, whether it’s a deep fryer or a Dutch oven
- An accurate thermometer is essential for use with a Dutch oven
- Combine the flour and spices.
- Mix the KFC-seasoned flour with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Cut the chicken in half! (external genitalia include breasts, thighs, legs, and wings)
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk and the beaten egg.
- Chicken breasts need to be marinated in the buttermilk mixture for 30 minutes.
- Buttermilk-marinated chicken breasts
- To bake, a baking sheet with a wire rack on top is required.
- Retrieving the chicken from the buttermilk and drying it off
- Before dipping the chicken in the flour mixture, shake off any excess flour.
- Put the breaded chicken breasts on a wire rack in a baking dish.
- Give the chicken breasts a 15-minute rest before frying for optimal results.
- Be sure to preheat the oil.
- Fry the chicken breasts in batches to prevent the pan from overflowing. The cooking time for both chicken breasts and thighs is around 15 minutes. The cooking time for chicken wings and drumsticks is roughly 12 minutes.
- Place the fried chicken on a clean wire cooling rack set over a baking sheet so that the excess grease can drain.
How to Bread KFC Chicken Like a Pro: The Authentic KFC Recipe
- To prevent dripping while breading the chicken, pat it dry after soaking it in the buttermilk/egg mixture.
- If you want your Kentucky fried chicken to be extra crispy and flavorful, shake off any excess flour before cooking. When there’s an excess of flour, the breading won’t adhere to the chicken, and the meat will be difficult to bite.
- Having chicken that coats well is a plus. Spread the coating all over the meat.
- After breading chicken, always give it a final pat to help the coating stick to the egg wash. KFC’s famously crunchy fried chicken starts with chicken meticulously coated in breading.
- Stop being in such a hurry! Ensure enough room between the chicken pieces before dropping them into the hot oil in a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet. Squeezing the chicken pieces together or picking them up with tongs can cause the breading to come off.
- Wait until a golden crust forms on one side of the chicken in the oil before flipping it.
Procedures for Maintaining Fried Chicken
- Since making fried chicken from scratch is a time-consuming endeavor, many people prefer to make it in large quantities at once.
- Over 30 to 60 minutes at room temperature is too long for fried chicken. Fried chicken needs time to cool to room temperature, so plan accordingly.
- It will take the fried chicken you made at home about 30 minutes to reach room temperature and be ready to eat. Let the breading cool completely before storing it to prevent it from becoming damaged.
- Wrapping chicken in heavy-duty foil before placing it in a freezer bag allows it to be kept frozen indefinitely.
- You can keep fried chicken for 5 days in the fridge or 12 months in the freezer if you keep it at 0 degrees F. If frozen at a low enough temperature, use it within six months. Fried chicken retains its crunch and flavor when frozen for later consumption.
Method for Making KFC’s Famous Chicken Breast
- A chicken breast from KFC’s original recipe calls for two cups of all-purpose flour.
- 13 cups plus salt
- A pinch of dried thyme, half a teaspoon
- Basil, half a teaspoon
- Add some oregano, just a little
- Onion salt, 2 teaspoons
- A Half-Teaspoonful of Cinnamon, A Half Measure of Ginger, a garlic clove worth 12 tsp. of dried oregano, A Half Measure of Ginger
- That’s about the same as a tablespoon of dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, and paprika ( ground)
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of garlic salt.
- Fresh Ginger, 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground white pepper 3 tablespoons
- Half a teaspoon of MSG (or another flavor enhancer) as an accent
- In other words, a full-fledged chicken.
- One egg, beaten.
- Buttermilk, nonfat, one cup
- Cooking oilseeds
Method | KFC’s Original Chicken Breast Recipe
- Kfc’s original chicken recipe calls for you to disassemble the chicken into individual breasts, thighs, legs, and wings.
- The flour and seasonings should be mixed in a large, shallow bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk and the beaten egg. Combine everything by whisking or stirring.
- The chicken can now be added to the buttermilk mixture.
- You should soak the chicken for 30 minutes.
- The chicken is breaded after being dipped in buttermilk and then drained.
- The pieces should be rolled in flour until they are completely covered.
- Shake off any excess flour before coating the chicken.
- Get a wire rack ready for the chicken.
- Coat the chicken in bread crumbs thoroughly. For best frying results, let the breaded chicken sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- The ideal temperature for heating oil is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For the same results as deep frying, a Dutch oven with half its volume filled with vegetable shortening will do. You should use a thermometer to keep the temperature in your Dutch oven at 350 degrees. Low temperatures cause grease to form in the breading.
- It’s best to cook the chicken in two or three batches. The breasts and thighs only need 15–18 minutes. The wings and legs will need about 12-13 minutes in the oven.
- To prepare a KFC original recipe chicken breast, place the wire rack holding the chicken on top of a baking sheet and bake as directed.
The coating is primarily made up of paprika, white pepper, and garlic salt (2 tablespoons). But, as Ledington puts it, the shining element is one particular part. White pepper, he said when asked what it mainly consisted of.
KFC’s famously crispy skin results from high-temperature, industrial-strength pressure fryers. Making KFC in a pressure cooker is not recommended, but a deep fryer, Dutch oven, or heavy-bottomed pot should do the trick.
Fried chicken can be found on the menu at a wide range of restaurants. KFC chicken is chewier than usual, but it fills you up well nonetheless. Preparing this chicken breast according to Kfc’s original recipe may seem daunting at first, but it’s quite simple. Choose this if you want a dish with a distinctively crisp exterior and a juicy, tender interior.