Hey there! Do you have any experience with French almond cake? It’s a delectable dish that’s well in both France and well beyond.
The cake has a unique texture as well as a nutty flavor since it is baked with ground almonds. Also, it is frequently gluten-free, which is excellent for people with dietary requirements.
French almonds cake could be served plain or even with garnishes like fruit as well as whipped cream. It is a simple dessert that is still beautiful as well as suitable for any event.
Try it out and tell me what you think!
French Almond Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes||8|
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted as well as cool
- Prepare a 9-inch cake pan with grease as well as heat it on your stove to 350°F (180°C)
- Almond flour, as well as sugar, should be whipped together in a sizable mixing bowl
- One at a time, whisk the eggs into the mixture after each addition
- Melted butter, as well as almond extract, should be thoroughly mixed before being added
- After smoothing the top, pour the mixture further into the prepared cake pan
- A toothpick placed in the center of the cake should come out clean after baking for 30-35 minutes
- Before transferring the cake to a wire rack to finish cooling, allow it to cool inside the pan for 10 minutes
- Before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake
French Almond Cake Freeze
Place the cake in an airtight container and wrap it securely in plastic wrap as well as aluminum foil to freeze. It has a two-month freezing shelf life.
Simply let it defrost at room temperature for the next few hours before serving when you are ready to eat.
French Almond Cake Servings
There are 8 servings per 9-inch cake made using this recipe. Of course, you may always modify the recipe to produce a bigger or smaller cake as needed.
Have pleasure in your French almonds cake and then let me know if you have any additional questions.
French Almond Cake Storage Instructions
The cake can be kept at room temperature for up to two days, but it will stay fresher if it is wrapped in plastic wrap as well as aluminum foil. You can keep it for up to a week in the refrigerator if you decide to maintain it for longer.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
- Almond flour is replaced for typical wheat flour in this gluten-free cake, making it a fantastic choice for you if you have sensitivity to it or an allergy to gluten
- The nutty flavor and distinctive texture: The cake has a delightful, nutty flavor as well as a slightly thicker texture than a standard cake thanks to the ground almonds
- French almond cake is a straightforward yet exquisite dessert that is suitable for any event, from a simple dinner party to just a formal celebration
- High in calories and fat: French almond cake might not be the ideal choice if you’re trying to limit your calorie as well as fat intake because almond flour, as well as butter, are both heavy in calories and fat
- French almond cake may occasionally be a little dry or crumbly due to almond flour’s lower moisture content than wheat flour
- French almond cake is just not ideal for anyone with nut allergies, even though almond flour is a fantastic gluten-free option
French almond cake is just a tasty and unique delicacy that is popular both in France and abroad. It is suitable for any occasion, is free of gluten, and also has a nutty taste as well as a unique texture.
Even if it has certain drawbacks, such as being heavy in calories and fat and possibly being dry and crumbly, it’s still an excellent dessert that’s worth trying!
French almond cake could be served plain or even with garnishes such as whipped cream, fruit, or even a honey drizzle.
French almond cake can be kept in the fridge for up to a week or left at room temperature for a maximum of two days. In addition, it can be a freezer for up to two months.