I’m glad you’re here. Today I will discuss Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, a delicious and simple-to-prepare dish that is ideal for any occasion. Your taste buds will be longing for more after tasting this salad since it is a light blend of Mediterranean flavors and textures. Orzo pasta, a little, rice-shaped noodle that is adaptable and excellent for salads, is the star of the show.
Have you ever tried cooking with orzo pasta before? If not, don’t worry, it’s easy to work with and cooks quickly.
The flexibility of this salad is one of its best features. By introducing new ingredients or removing old ones, you may easily alter them to your preferences. To make it a more filling supper, you may, for instance, add grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, or roasted red peppers.
Along with this, I want to talk about one of my favorite salads, the Lemon Orzo Salad. This recipe is flavorful and enjoyable no matter the circumstance, whether it is a summer Barbeque or a cozy winter feast. Let’s get started and find out what about this salad appeals to you so much.
Recipe of Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Have you ever made it yourself? Here is a delicious recipe for you.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes||6|
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
For the Dressing
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of minced red onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill, plus more for serving
For the Salad
- 8 oz. orzo
- 1 cup of crumbled feta
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half-moons
Instructions for Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cook orzo as directed on the package in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain then set apart
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard and lemon juice in a big bowl
- Add oil gradually while whisking until thoroughly mixed
- Add salt and pepper after incorporating the dill and red onion
- To assemble the salad, combine the orzo, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and olives with the dressing
- Serve with more dill on top after folding in the feta
Making a Greek orzo pasta salad with fresh, delicious ingredients is essential. You can use any vegetables you like, but cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and kalamata olives are the ones I highly suggest. These items will give the dish a splash of color and flavor. Feta cheese crumbles can be added for a tart finishing touch.
Advice and Methods Greek Salad with Orzo Pasta
Here are a few pieces of advice and methods for you. A delightful and healthy side dish that can also be used as a main course is Greek orzo pasta salad. The followings are some hints and techniques for creating a delectable Greek orzo pasta salad:
- To avoid becoming mushy and disagreeable to eat, orzo pasta should be cooked al dente. The pasta should be cooked through and al dente after 8 to 10 minutes in salted, boiling water
- To stop the pasta from continuing to cook and from sticking together after draining, rinse it with cold water
- Add fresh ingredients to the salad, such as feta cheese, olives, bell peppers, bell onions, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers, to give it extra flavor and texture
- Use olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dried oregano to produce a wonderful salad dressing that is quick and simple to make
- The salad can be made full by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld and make the salad more energizing
- Sprinkle fresh herbs like parsley, dill, or mint over the salad to add color and freshness
Enjoy your Greek orzo pasta salad, which is tasty and cooling.
The tasty and simple-to-make Greek orzo pasta salad is ideal for any occasion. This salad will impress whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a side dish for a summer Barbeque. Fresh veggies, tangy feta cheese, and zesty dressing come together to produce a burst of Mediterranean flavors that are difficult to ignore.
So why not try it out? It is a fantastic method to get creative in the kitchen because of its adaptability and customization opportunities. You can experiment with various dressings and mix and match items to create the ideal dish for you.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is a recipe that anyone can create, experienced or beginner cook. Get ready to have a taste of the Mediterranean by grabbing some orzo pasta!
You may include grilled chicken, shrimp, or chickpeas to increase the satisfying power and protein content of this salad.
The Greek Orzo Pasta Salad keeps well in the refrigerator for three to four days. Just make sure to stir it before serving and keep it covered.
No, orzo pasta contains gluten and is made from wheat. To make this salad gluten-free, you can substitute gluten-free pasta or rice.
This salad tastes fantastic with a traditional Greek dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. A creamy Greek yogurt dressing or a balsamic vinaigrette is more options.