Today I want to talk about one of my favorite salads, the Lemon Orzo Salad. This recipe is flavorful and enjoyable no matter the circumstance, whether it is a summer Barbeque or a cozy winter feast. Let’s get started and find out what about this salad appeals to you so much.
Lemon orzo salad is a tasty and light dish that can be made for any occasion. This salad’s main ingredient is orzo, a type of pasta that resembles rice. But to give it a flavor that is acidic and fresh, it is combined with a range of vivid, fresh vegetables, herbs, and a tart lemon vinaigrette.
A dish is a terrific choice for you in picnics, barbecues, and as a side dish for any supper because it is typically served cold. It can also be changed to accommodate different tastes by using or excluding particular ingredients. You will be delighted by the diversity of fresh tastes in this lemon orzo salad.
In addition, because it is flavorful and filling, green apple salad is a great choice for a summertime picnic. The best fruit for fall is apples. Apples go amazingly well with cheese and sauce since they each have a unique flavor profile.
Recipe of Lemon Orzo Salad
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this recipe:
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes||8|
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- ½ cup of red onion, diced
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
Instructions for Lemon Orzo Salad
- First, bring a lot of water to a rolling boil
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare the orzo until it is al dente. Drain, rinse, and put away
- Then the chilled orzo, garbanzo beans, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley should all combine in a big bowl
- Olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, chopped garlic, kosher salt, and the zest and juice of one lemon should all combine in a small bowl
- Toss the orzo with the dressing after pouring it over it
- You have the option of serving right away or chilling before serving
- Before serving, you can check for seasonings
Tips and Tricks
I will share some tips and tricks with you if you want to make the best lemon orzo salad at home.
- Firstly, you need to know that Orzo can prepare similarly to other pasta. Cook the pasta until it is cooked in a big pot of salted boiling water. The only difference is that after it has been cooked, you will rinse the orzo when you wouldn’t typically do that with other pasta
- Before including the other items, toss the orzo with the dressing. This will facilitate the pasta’s absorption of it
- For this salad, you can add any vegetables or ingredients you like. It would be nice to include fresh basil, mozzarella balls, red bell peppers, or cubed salami
- The feta should save and add only before serving if you are creating this dish before serving it
A simple and tasty recipe that is suitable for any occasion is lemon orzo salad. It Is simple to create, flavorful, and completely adaptable. You won’t be let down if you try this salad dish the next time, you are looking for a new one to try!
This salad’s variety is one of its best qualities. To make it a complete dinner, simply add some protein like grilled chicken or shrimp or easily swap out the vegetables or herbs to suit your tastes. Furthermore, because it serves cold, it’s a fantastic dish to prepare before you need it and bring to picnics.
This salad can prepare in advance. Chilling it for a few hours before serving makes it even better. Until you’re ready to serve it, simply store it in the refrigerator.
You may certainly add some goat cheese or feta crumbles to the salad if you like cheese. It provides a pleasantly sour flavor that works nicely with the lemon dressing.
If kept in an airtight container, the salad can keep for up to 3–4 days in the fridge. But, since the vegetables release moisture over time, the texture could get a little soft.