Mexican quinoa salad is a delicious and healthful recipe to add to your dinner routine. Why Mexican quinoa salad is ideal for any occasion. Discuss the dish as well as explain what makes it a perfect addition to every meal in this article.
Discuss the nutritional benefits of quinoa along with the way the Mexican flavor in this dish makes it particularly delicious. This recipe is full of nutritional value and flavor, making it ideal for almost any meal of the day.
How to Make Mexican Quinoa Salad
To make this Mexican quinoa salad, you will need quinoa, black beans, maize, tomato, avocados, red onion, herbs, as well as a few seasonings. To begin, cook the quinoa by the package directions.
While the quinoa starts cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. To begin, rinse and drain a container full of black beans. Then, place a cup of frozen corn in a basin of lukewarm water for a couple of minutes to defrost. Slice a tomato, half of an avocado, as well as 1/4 red onion.
Set aside some fresh cilantro along with everything else. Let the quinoa cool for just a few minutes before blending it into the remaining ingredients. Combine the quinoa, black beans, cornmeal as well as diced tomatoes.
Along with this, diced avocado, chopped red onion, as well as cilantro in a large mixing dish. Finally, to provide the salad with a Hispanic flavor, add some spices.
How to Be Seasoning Mexican Quinoa Salad
I like to season Mexican quinoa salad with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, as well as salt, but feel free to try. Lastly, sprinkle the salad with lime juice and toss everything together well.
The lime juice not just to gives a great tangy flavor but also prevents the avocado from browning. Once everything is combined, you could serve the salad immediately as well as chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend even more.
Mexican Quinoa Salad Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes||4|
- One lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Season with salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 washed as well as drained can of black beans
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn 1 tomato, diced 1/2 avocado, diced 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Place the quinoa inside a medium saucepan using 2 cups of water after rinsing it in a fine mesh sieve
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat as well as continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes, till the quinoa is soft as well as the water is absorbed
- Take from the fire and then set aside for a few minutes to cool
- Prepare the other ingredients while the quinoa is cooking. Rinse and drain the black then freeze the corn for a few minutes in a dish of warm water. Chop the cilantro and slice the tomato, avocado, as well as red onion
- Combine all cooked quinoa, black beans, maize, tomato, avocados, red onion, as well as cilantro in a large mixing basin
- Combine the cumin, chili flakes, garlic salt, as well as salt in a small bowl
- Pour all spice mixture well over salad as well as toss to combine
- Pour fresh lime juice over the salad as well as stir well
- Serve Mexican quinoa salad immediately, as well as chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld even more
Serve alongside grilled chicken, fish, as well as steak. For added creaminess, sprinkle with sliced avocado or perhaps a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Put into a pita and wrap for a nutritious as well as tasty lunch. Serve with baked sweet potatoes as well as roasted veggies. Add cooked chicken as well as shrimp and serve over a bed of greens to make it a meal.
To add flavor as well as spice, garnish with fresh cilantro and diced jalapenos. For a full Mexican-inspired supper, serve with tortilla chips along with salsa.
Tips and Techniques
Top the salad over grilled chicken, shrimp, as well as tofu for added protein. If you do not have any fresh cilantro, you can substitute dried cilantro or parsley or the other fresh herb.
Before serving, sprinkle smashed tortilla chips on top of the salad for extra crunch. To save time, cook the quinoa in advance as well as refrigerate it till ready to use.
If you like your salad spicier, modify the quantity of chili powder as well as cumin to taste. Do not even skip extra lime juice – this gives a tangy, zesty taste to the salad that brings it to life.
Mexican Quinoa Salad Storage
Mexican quinoa salad could be refrigerated for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Pour some lime juice well over the avocado.
Just before incorporating it into your salad to keep it from browning. If the salad appears to be dry after chilling, pour with more lime juice as well as olive oil and toss carefully before serving.
Mexican Quinoa Salad Freezing
While freezing Mexican quinoa salad is possible, it is not advised because the texture of the ingredients can alter after thawing. If you must freeze it, keep it in an airtight container.
Also, as well as a freezer-safe bag for a maximum of two months. Let the salad freeze inside the fridge overnight before serving, and afterward, mix thoroughly.
In conclusion, Mexican quinoa salad is just a delicious as well as healthful dish that is suitable for any occasion. It is high in protein, fiber, as well as vitamins due to the inclusion of quinoa, black beans, maize, as well as fresh vegetables.
The spices as well as lime juice add a burst of flavor that will leave you wanting more. This salad is likely to please whether served as just a side dish, a main dish, as well as stuffed into a wrap.
It is also a simple as well as nutritious choice for hectic weeknights, due to its easy storage as well as meal prep options. Try it out as you savor the delectable flavors of Mexican cuisine.
I have also written an article on.
You can increase the quantity of chili powder as well as cumin in the salad to make it spicy. For more spice, add diced jalapenos as well as hot sauce.
Yes, you can substitute another grain for quinoa, such as brown rice as well as farro. Remember that cooking times can vary.