Quinoa is the perfect ingredient for a tasty as well as healthful salad feta. This ancient grain makes a fantastic foundation for any salad.
Just because it is high in protein, fiber, as well as minerals. You have a perfect combination that is sure to wow your taste buds when you add some sour feta cheese.
What is Quinoa?
Let’s first talk about what quinoa is before getting into the dish. The seed quinoa is indigenous to South America. Because of its texture as well as look.
It is frequently called a grain, yet it is not one in the slightest. Quinoa is a full protein source because it is gluten-free and also has all nine necessary amino acids.
Benefits of Quinoa
Superfood quinoa is full of minerals. In addition to being a wonderful source of minerals iron, magnesium, as well as phosphorus, it is also packed with fiber.
Along with this, which can make you feel content as well as full. Quinoa is a fantastic option for anyone with celiac disease as well as gluten allergies because it is also gluten-free.
Quinoa Salad Feta Recipe
You’ll need to have the following ingredients to prepare a delicious quinoa salad with feta:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- chopped half of a red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Juice of two teaspoons of lemon
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
The instructions for making the feta-topped quinoa salad are as follows:
- Rinse the quinoa under running water in a strainer with fine mesh
- Quinoa, water, as well as salt, should all be combined in a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or till the quinoa is cooked through
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and allow the quinoa cool
- The cooked grains, red bell pepper, red onion, feta, as well as parsley should all be combined in a big bowl
- Combine the olive oil as well as lemon juice in a small bowl
- After adding the dressing, toss the salad to incorporate
- Serve right away or keep chilled till ready to serve
Tips for Making Quinoa Salad with Feta
- To get rid of any bitter outer layer, make sure to thoroughly wash the quinoa before cooking
- For more taste, substitute veggie broth for the water
- Feel free to garnish the salad with extra vegetables as well as ingredients like sliced avocado as well as cherry tomatoes
Quinoa Salad Feta Storage
The feta-topped quinoa salad can be stored in the fridge for a maximum of four days. Make sure to preserve it in an airtight container if you’re preparing it ahead of time.
Tips for Serving Quinoa Salad Feta
You can eat this feta-topped quinoa salad on its own as well as a light meal for lunch or dinner with grilled chicken or fish. This is a fantastic salad to take to a picnic as well as a picnic.
Quinoa Salad Feta Variations
Use crumbled goat cheese rather than feta in the salad as well as add some kalamata olives, diced cucumber, as well as cherry tomatoes. Add a homemade tzatziki sauce made from Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, as well as mint over top.
Replace the feta cheese with crumbled cotija cheese and garnish the salad with a few black beans, corn, chopped avocado, as well as chopped cilantro. Add a vinaigrette consisting of lime juice, honey, olive oil, as well as ground cumin on top.
Sweet potato, zucchini, as well as eggplant chopped with olive oil, salt, as well as pepper, are baked till soft. Assemble a homemade balsamic vinaigrette using balsamic vinegar, olives, honey, as well as Dijon mustard before adding the roasted veggies, some crumbled feta cheese, as well as tossing.
In conclusion, this feta-topped quinoa salad is a tasty, nutritious, as well as simple recipe. This salad will satisfy your cravings whether you’re seeking a light meal as well as a side dish.
All in all! this recipe is so easy to make. Everything I explain in my article. And don’t forget to give us a review in our comment section below. Thank you!
I have written more articles on it.
Indeed, quinoa is also gluten-free, making it a fantastic option for those who have celiac disease as well as gluten allergies.
Certainly, feel free to top the salad with extra vegetables as well as ingredients like sliced avocado as well as cherry tomatoes.