Hey there! Today I am discussing with you the amazing information regarding the turkey quinoa meatloaf recipe. The traditional comfort food meatloaf is quick to prepare as well as consistently enjoyable.
Traditional meatloaf recipes, however, might contain a lot of calories and fat. Fortunately, turkey quinoa meatloaf is a delicious as well as a healthful substitute. I will provide the turkey quinoa meatloaf recipe, step-by-step directions, as well as some advice for creating the ideal meatloaf in this article.
What is Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf?
A healthier version of meatloaf is made with turkey as well as quinoa. Instead of beef and pork, lean ground turkey use, as well as quinoa is used in place of breadcrumbs. This mixture results in a meatloaf that is strong in protein, low in fat, as well as low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for a healthy meal.
Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients needed to create turkey quinoa meatloaf include:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced carrot
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Instructions | Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf Recipe
The instructions for making turkey quinoa meatloaf are as follows:
- Set your oven’s temperature to 375°F (190°C)
- Combine the ground turkey, boiled quinoa, egg, onions, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, thyme, salt, as well as pepper in a sizable bowl
- Stir thoroughly until all components are distributed equally
- Place the mixture in a loaf pan those measures 9 by 5 inches as well as gently push it down
- When the temperature has reached 165°F (74°C), bake for 40–45 minutes
- Before slicing as well as serving, allow the meatloaf to cool for a few minutes
Tips for Making the Perfect Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf Recipe
- Use lean ground turkey, preferably at least 93% lean
- Before incorporating it into the meatloaf mixture, cook the quinoa
- To ensure consistent cooking, finely dice the vegetables
- Check the meatloaf’s internal temperature with a meat thermometer
- Before slicing, let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes to allow the fluids to redistribute
The adaptable turkey quinoa meatloaf can prepare in a variety of ways. Here are some ideas for serving:
- Serve alongside roasted veggies on the side, like carrots, broccoli, as well as Brussels sprouts
- Add tomato sauce and gravy over top
- Serve alongside sweet potato fries or mashed potatoes
- Use the remaining meatloaf as well as some whole-grain bread to create a sandwich
Reheating and Storing
If you have any leftovers, you may keep them in the fridge for up to three days if they are sealed tightly. Just reheat in the microwave for one to two minutes, or till well warm.
The nutritional breakdown for one serving (based on six serves) is as follows:
- Lean ground turkey and quinoa are used in place of breadcrumbs in the turkey quinoa meatloaf recipe, making it a healthier alternative to classic meatloaf. Because of this, it has fewer fat and carbs and much more protein
- Quinoa is a grain that is packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, as well as other nutrients. You can increase the number of nutrients in your meal by mixing quinoa into the meatloaf
- Turkey quinoa meatloaf may make quickly, in under an hour. All you have to do is combine the ingredients, place them in a pan, as well as bake them
- You may serve turkey quinoa meatloaf in a variety of ways as well as alter it to your preferences. To personalize it, you can add various veggies, herbs, as well as sauces
- Turkey is lean meat, therefore if it is overcooked, it may become dry. To prevent this, make sure the meatloaf is fully cooked and that it has reached the right internal temperature before letting it rest
- If you’re used to classic meatloaf made with beef or pork, you might discover that turkey quinoa meatloaf does have a different flavor and texture. Although it can require some getting accustomed to, it is nonetheless wonderful on its own
- To create turkey quinoa meatloaf, you must first cook the quinoa and cut the vegetables into small pieces. Although considerable preparation is required, the result is a nutritious as well as delectable supper
Traditional meatloaf can be replaced with turkey quinoa meatloaf, which is both nutritious and delicious. Instead of breadcrumbs, use lean ground turkey as well as quinoa to make a nutritious dish that is lower in fat and higher in protein. It is worth trying because of its adaptability as well as simplicity of preparation!
All in all! these recipes are so easy to make. Everything I explain in my article. And don’t forget to give us a review in our comment section below. Thank you!
I have written more articles on it.
Yes, you could freeze turkey quinoa meatloaf. Just be sure to wait until it has cooled completely before freezing it and covering it in foil as well as plastic wrap. It ought to last for up to three months.
You can substitute ground chicken for turkey. But be aware that ground chicken could taste as well as feel a little differently from ground turkey.