Deliciously creamy Avocado Banana Smoothie recipe created with nutritious ingredients that is naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly and timely for breakfast or a snack.
Even if you’re not a smoothie fan, you’re sure to adore this creamy, delicious, and nutritionally dense avocado and banana smoothie that only takes five minutes to prepare.
Avocados are a great source of mono-saturated fatty acids, which are good for the heart. Aside from that, avocados are great in vitamins like B, K, C, and E, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
I adore avocados, and this green drink is quickly substituting our go-to smoothie for breakfast. I occasionally incorporate chia seeds or flaxseed meals as well for an added nutritious boost.
Avocado Banana Smoothie Recipe
You must try this smooth, delicious avocado-banana smoothie! This smoothie is excellent for breakfast or a snack since it is packed with good fats and has a nice creamy, thick texture.
This also goes by the name of an avocado banana milkshake. Its texture is the creamiest I’ve ever seen.
Smoothies are given texture by bananas, and creaminess and richness are added by avocado’s smoothness. Not to mention the fantastic nutrition that avocados provide.
Ingredients to Make Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 large frozen banana (ripe, peeled, sliced)
- 1/4 – 1/2 medium ripe avocado (more avocado = creamier, thicker smoothie)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1 large handful of greens of choice (spinach, kale)
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1 Tbsp seed of choice (hemp, flax, sesame, sunflower, chia)(optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen (or fresh) cucumber or berries (organic when possible)(optional)
Instructions to Make Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Frozen bananas, avocados, protein powders of choice, vegetables, and dairy-free milk should all be combined in a high-speed blender
- Add any other ingredients you’d want now, such as seeds, adaptogens, or more fruits and veggies (such as berries or cucumbers)
- High-speed blending, scraping down the sides as necessary, until creamy and smooth
- Add extra dairy-free milk to thin a thick smoothie. If it’s too thin, add additional avocado or frozen banana
- Taste the dish and make any necessary taste adjustments by adding additional banana or avocado for creaminess or greens for a more brilliant green hue
- Depending on the brand and taste, protein powder can also be used to increase the sweetness
- Divide among serving glasses, then indulge! Best when fresh, but leftovers can be stored, and covered, for up to 24 hours in the fridge or up to 2 weeks in the freezer
Other Possible Additions to Banana Avocado Smoothie
This avocado banana smoothie is so delicious. Consider these add-ins.
- Top with mini chocolate chips
- Top with cacao nibs
- Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Add in a pinch of cinnamon
- Top with sliced bananas
- Top with peanut butter
- Add in a pinch of ground ginger
- Top with coconut flakes
- Top with chopped nuts
- Add in some blueberries or strawberries
How to Store and Serve this Avocado Banana Smoothie
After combining, serve the banana avocado smoothie right away.
This smoothie may serve as dinner because it is substantial and satisfying. Or you may serve it with food.
It works well as a dessert, a snack, and for breakfast.
For up to 24 hours, keep smoothies in the refrigerator. Due to the avocado, it could begin to turn a little brown after 24 hours.
Health Benefits of Avocado Banana Smoothie
Smoothies may be created using a variety of fruits and vegetables to attain a healthy lifestyle, and they can provide us with a wealth of health advantages. Smoothies are a great long-term addition to your diet.
But remember to swap out artificial sugar with natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup.
Avocados are a Great Source of Potassium
The mineral facilitates the movement of nutrients into cells, controls nerve activity, and removes waste.
Moreover, potassium lowers blood pressure, as per the American Heart Association too much salt can raise blood pressure, and potassium makes it possible for more sodium to be excreted through urine.
Our blood pressure then decreases as a result, according to the American Heart Association.
Avocados Contain Monounsaturated Fats
According to Drayer, monounsaturated fats are fat molecules with a single unsaturated carbon link. In plain terms, she said, it’s an unsaturated lipid that reduces LDL cholesterol without impacting HDL cholesterol.
According to the Mayo Clinic, excessive LDL cholesterol causes your arteries’ walls to stiffen and narrow. As a result, there is less blood flowing through the arteries, which increases the risk of blood clots and other health issues.
May Improve Blood Sugar Levels
Avocado Banana Smoothie | Soluble fiber is abundant in bananas. Soluble fiber creates a gel by dissolving in fluids during digestion. Furthermore, it is the cause of the sponge-like feel of bananas
Additionally, resistant starch, which your body cannot digest, is present in unripe bananas.
These two forms of fiber may work together to lower your blood sugar levels after eating. Additionally, they could control your hunger by delaying stomach emptying.
This tells that despite having more carbs than other fruits, bananas won’t significantly raise blood sugar levels in healthy people. Although persons with diabetes can eat bananas, it’s not advisable to eat a lot of them at once.
Full of Antioxidants
Avocado Banana Smoothie |Bananas are a great source of dietary antioxidants, much like other fruits and vegetables.
They include flavonoids and amines, two classes of powerful antioxidants.
Numerous health advantages, including a reduced risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases, are associated with these antioxidants.
They aid in stopping the oxidative harm that free radicals do to your cells. Without antioxidants, free radicals can accumulate over time and damage your body if their levels become too high.
Avocado consumption has little influence on body weight or belly fat, and it marginally lowers both LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol.
This smoothie is for you if you enjoy creamy drinks because it contains both avocado and banana. Banana slices can be frozen to make the smoothie more ice cream-like.
Conclusion – Avocado Banana Smoothie
You should try this avocado strawberry smoothie recipe right now since it is the ideal thick, tasty smoothie.
A satisfying, creamy breakfast-friendly mixture that is high in calcium, low in calories, high in protein, and high in fiber.
Here are a few articles related to this topic. You might want to read it.