Along with this, chipotle chicken is a fresh Mex bowl because it is all about the flavors as well as the seasonings. Because this recipe for a chipotle bowl uses chicken pieces, it also comes with freshly prepared chipotle lime rice as well as additional toppings.
- Chicken & Fish
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- Fish Sandwich seasonal
- Popcorn Chicken seasonal
- Chicken Fajita Pita no cheese
- Jack’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken seasonal
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich as well as no good sauce or sub-dairy-free sauce
While all-white meat chicken is used in the traditional version of popcorn chicken, the all-white meat version of spicy popcorn chicken is coated in a hot, spicy buffalo breading before being deep-fried.
For a suggested price of $7.99, the company is also introducing a new Popcorn Chicken Big Box combo that includes a Dr. Pepper beverage as well as Excellent Good sauce on the side for dipping.
For a limited time, Popcorn Chicken is available at participating Jack in the Box stores around the country.
The following are the nutritional data for a serving of Jack in the Box popcorn chicken that weighs 85 grams (or roughly 3 ounces):
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Simple Jack in the Box Popcorn Chicken Recipe
One of those comfort dishes that never gets old is popcorn chicken. These crunchy, juicy morsels are ideal for children, but the grownups in your life will also love them.
If you enjoy the flavor of our Baked Chicken Nuggets as well as Crispy Chicken Sandwiches, this Popcorn Chicken recipe will quickly become a staple in your supper variety.
Along with this, the spicy delicate chicken strips are the newest item on the Jack in Box menu. The brand-new chicken strips with spice range from 310. Additionally, each meal contains 740 calories. Additionally, depending on how many pieces you want, and is made completely of chicken breast meat.
What is Popcorn Chicken?
Jack in the Box likely is where you first fell in love with popcorn chicken. However, if you have never had it, it consists of tender chicken breast chunks that have been breaded and perfectly deep-fried to a golden-brown color. Unlike traditional fried chicken as well as Chicken Tenders.
Along with this, it comes in bite-sized pieces hence the “popcorn” reference in the name. Along with this, it can serve as a snack or appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce, over salad as well as with your favorite side for a complete meal.
Ingredients for Popcorn Chicken
- Use fresh as well as thawed chicken breast; slice it into uniform, bite-sized pieces
- All-purpose flour recommends for this recipe
- Table salt as well as fine sea salt will do
- Garlic powder – gives the breading an additional taste
- Buttermilk gives the chicken its moist texture as well as crisp breading
- Panko Crumbs gives the chicken a wonderful, crispy texture
- Canola oil, vegetable oil, as well as light olive oil are all suitable high-heat cooking oils
How to Make Popcorn Chicken
- Chicken breast should slice into uniform, bite-sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, as well as garlic powder
- Whisk to combine
- Buttermilk and panko measure
- Place the panko breadcrumbs on a plate as well as the buttermilk in a different bowl
- Chicken should be dredged by being dipped into a flour mixture, buttermilk, as well as finally breadcrumbs
- frying the chicken, the breaded chicken pieces should place in a deep-frying pan with an inch or more of 350°F oil
- Fry until golden brown in little batches
- Rest the chicken After removing the popcorn chicken from the oil with a slotted spoon, place it on a wire rack with paper towels underneath or a plate coated with paper towels to absorb any extra grease
- Serve with the sauce of your choice
Suggestions for the Jack in the Box Popcorn Chicken
Slice the chicken into pieces that are the same size as one another to promote even cooking. Avoid overcooking the chicken by removing it from the oil as soon as it turns golden brown. It will become drier the longer it cooks. An instant-read thermometer should indicate 165 degrees for cooked chicken breast.
Before adding the chicken, make sure the oil has reached 350°F by using a thermometer to check the temperature. If you want to spice up the batter, stir a few teaspoons of various spices into the flour mixture. Paprika, cayenne pepper, as well as freshly cracked black pepper, are all excellent seasonings.
For extra crispy popcorn chicken, add baking powder. To the flour mixture, add a few tablespoons of baking powder if you prefer your chicken extra crispy.
Popcorn Chicken Recipe
Popcorn chicken has a crispy exterior as well as a succulent interior. The greatest comfort food as well as satisfying for you. Excellent as a salad topper as well as an appetizer.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes||8|
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 cups of panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of oil, vegetables as well as canola
- 3 lb of chicken breast as well as cut into 1-inch pieces
Instructions for Jack in the Box Popcorn Chicken
- Combine the flour, salt, as well as garlic powder in a medium bowl
- Place the panko crumbs on a plate as well as the buttermilk in a separate bowl
- A uniform coating of flour should apply to a piece of chicken before dredging it in buttermilk as well as allowing the excess to drain off
- Finally, coat completely with panko breadcrumbs. Place on a plate
- In a deep-frying pan, heat one inch of oil over medium heat. Keep the oil at 350°F by adjusting the heat
- Popcorn chicken should fry in tiny batches, with space between each piece as well as occasional flipping
- Fry the chicken until it is golden brown, and a thermometer inserted into its thickest part reads 165°F
- Popcorn chicken should take out of the oil as well as allowed to cool on a platter covered with paper towels
- Immediately serve with your preferred dipping sauce
How to Serve Jack in the Box Popcorn Chicken
Jalapeno ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, avocado ranch, spicy sauce, as well as ketchup, are all excellent dipping sauce choices. Serving suggestions for an appetizer include Jalapeno Poppers, egg rolls, as well as air-fried French fries. Popcorn chicken can add as a salad topper or even over pasta as you did with the lemon chicken pasta.
Popcorn Chicken is a temporary item on the Jack in the Box menu. Chicken pieces with white meat covered in crispy fried batter. Additionally, breading makeup Jack in the Box’s Popcorn Chicken, which is available in two flavors classic and spicy as well as a 50/50 option that mixes both of those flavors.
The American fast-food chain Jack in the Box is well-known for both its burgers and its Americanized versions of other cuisines. But in addition to protein substitutes, we have given some breakdowns for their bread.
They have a lot in common. Chicken nuggets use ground chicken and can be produced with either chicken breasts as well as thighs, whereas popcorn chicken is smaller as well as created with full chunks of chicken breast meat.
To reheat leftover popcorn chicken to its crispiest as well as warmest state, it is recommended to bake or air fry it at 350°F.
Assemble the raw, breaded chicken for the popcorn chicken on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Transfer to freezer-safe zip bags and store for up to 3 months after freezing uncovered for 1 hour or until frozen. Bake frozen nuggets at 400°F for 15–18 minutes, or just until the internal temperature reaches 165°F as well as they are well cooked.
The much-anticipated fan favorite Popcorn Chicken (Classic or Spicy) is making a comeback with a Popcorn Chicken Combo 50/50 Mix that includes half Classic and half Spicy chicken served with a side of French fries, a drink, as well as dipping sauce. Popcorn Chicken is made with only white meat chicken.
It has a pleasant peppery bite as well as a touch of sweetness, and it is undoubtedly a coincidence that it tastes so similar to Raising Cane’s sauce. These cost around $4 for each order, however when you buy them by themselves, the portion size is a little underwhelming.