Salad ingredients like butternut crunch lettuce are very popular. Due to its smooth texture as well as the “buttery” flavor. However, butter-crisp lettuce is very popular. The small, loose heads provide tender, crisp leaves that can wrap in salad wraps.
Soft, green, slightly curled outer leaves of butternut crunch lettuce are surrounded by delicious. Also, fluffy inner leaves have been blanched. In comparison to other loose-leaf salads. Buttercrunch has a milder flavor, making it an excellent option if you do not want a lot of vegetables.
Along with this, it gives a classic, insipid salad some diversity as well as adds a light, creamy flavor. Pecans, bacon, onion, dried cranberries, parmesan cheese, as well as a simple balsamic vinaigrette add to a crunchy butternut squash salad.
This butternut squash salad’s flavor combination of delicately roasted squash, salty pecans, sweet raisins, salty bacon, red onion, as well as parmesan cheese has me a little bit smitten.
The salad is a fantastic healthy food option. Put the dressing on the side as well as all the ingredients in your lunch container, and you’re good to go. This squash salad can prepare in bulk, stored in the refrigerator, as well as consumed during the entire week.
How to Make Crisp Butternut Crunch Lettuce
Put parchment paper on the oven sheet before roasting the squash. On the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, arrange the butternut squash pieces in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper as well as drizzle with olive oil. When the squash is ready, roast it at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, gently stirring once during the cooking process.
While you prepare the remaining salad, let it cool. To make the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Although this salad is one of the favorite ingredients of the recipe, feel free to use your preferred dressing. After that toss as well as place the kale, spinach, as well as other salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Vinaigrette should drizzle over everything before combining in an Each bite is a little salty, slightly sweet, as well as utterly delectable. Along with this, it is tasty, healthful, as well as extremely delicious.
More Choices for You
Roasted Crunch Butternut Squash Salad Recipe
Butternut crunch lettuce squash salad with roasted crunch, nuts, bacon, onion, dried cranberries, and parmesan, as well as a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||40 Minutes||6|
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Salt as well as freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of cooked as well as crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries as well as craisins
- 3 to 4 heaping cups of fresh as well as chopped spinach leaves
- 3 to 4 heaping cups of fresh kale, chops as well as ribs removed
- 1 1/2 pounds of butternut squashes along with peeled as well as chopped into 3/4-inch cubes about 4 cups
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt as well as freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette as well as store in the fridge until needed
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use parchment paper to line the baking sheet
- On the baking sheet, arrange the butternut squash pieces in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as well as sprinkle with olive oil
- When the squash is soft, roast for 20 to 25 minutes, gently stirring once throughout cooking
- While you prepare the remaining salad, let it cool
- In a sizable salad bowl, mix the kale as well as spinach
- Add the rest of the salad’s ingredients on top. Add a vinaigrette as well as gently stir butternut crunch lettuce
What is Butternut Crunch Lettuce?
Large, fragile leaves as well as a tender feel characterize butter lettuce, sometimes referred to as Bibb lettuce or butterhead lettuce. Its flavor, which is light with a tinge of floral sweetness as well as matches well with sharp flavors like strong cheeses, citrus, as well as meat, is named for its butter-soft texture more than its flavor.
Butter lettuce is available in farm owners’ markets as well as grocery shops, where they are occasionally displayed covered in a protective plastic dome. When purchasing butter lettuce, go for dense, heavy heads as well as stay away from anything that has brown patches or outside leaves that are limp as well as wilted.
Butter lettuce, also known as Bibb lettuce or butterhead lettuce, is distinguished by its large, delicate leaves and tender texture. It is more famous for its butter-soft texture than for its flavor, which is mild with a hint of floral sweetness as well as pairs well with sharp tastes like powerful cheeses, lemon, as well as meat.
Contrary to other waterier lettuce kinds, butternut crunch lettuce is softer as well as, appropriately, butteries in texture. Although it does not exactly taste like butter, there is a noticeable sweetness as well as a mild flowery aroma.
Health Benefits of Butternut Crunch Lettuce
Butter lettuce is high in nutrients yet low in calories. A 100g serving is almost fat-free and only has 13 calories. It can help you keep hydrated as well as help you lose weight because it is about 95% water.
85% of your recommended daily intake (DV) for vitamin K, which is necessary for blood clotting as well as wound healing, is present in the same serving size, which is impressive.
Also, it contains 18% of your DV for folate, which is essential if you’re pregnant as well as helps your body generate genetic material as well as vitamin A, which supports the maintenance of healthy skin, teeth, as well as bones.
Butternut crunch lettuce has more iron than other varieties of lettuce and as well as contains some potassium, manganese, as well as vitamin C. The production of red blood cells depends on iron, but it is really important to remember that butter lettuce only contains non-heme iron, which your body has a hard time absorbing.
Consuming lettuce along with foods high in vitamin C, such as peppers as well as a vinaigrette made from lemon juice, may help with absorption. Antioxidants, which fully protect your cells from damage from free radicals that can result in chronic illnesses like cancer, are also rich in butter lettuce.
Beta carotene, lutein, as well as zeaxanthin, are three examples of the powerful antioxidants known as carotenoids found in butter lettuce. Vitamins A and C also have antioxidant properties. These compounds support healthy eyesight as well as protect against eye disease, the main factor in vision loss.
Antioxidants, which fully protect your cells from damage from free radicals that can result in chronic illnesses like cancer, are also rich in butter lettuce. Beta carotene, lutein, as well as zeaxanthin, are three examples of the powerful antioxidants known as carotenoids found in butter lettuce.
Vitamins A and C also have antioxidant properties. These compounds support healthy eyesight as well as protect against eye disease, the main factor in vision loss.
- Another classic favorite thanks to its high-quality flavor, crispness, and compact head. Buttercrunch is easy to grow, slow to bolt, and works well in containers. The leaves are very dark green and thicker than most lettuce varieties. My favorite lettuce variety.
- Grown in 2022 for the 2023 season
- 90% germination
- Take a look at other items by clicking on the Ohio Heirloom Seeds name under the item title.
- Buttercrunch Lettuce Seeds (pack of 1,000+)
- Buttercrunch Lettuce Seeds are Easy to Grow!
- Buttercrunch Lettuce Seeds are Guaranteed to Grow (PowerGrow Brand)
- USA Grown & Harvested Buttercrunch Lettuce Seeds
- Harvest Butter Crunch Lettuce leaves at 21 days, head forms at 55 days
- Beautiful — Full color packet of Buttercrunch Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) seed; This bibb-type lettuce forms a tight rosette hiding a buttery yellow center. Slow to bolt and tolerant to warmer temperatures. AAS winner. Minimum of 600mg per packet.
- Indoor or Outdoor — A carefully selected variety to grow outdoors in the garden planted in the spring or fall. Prefers a bit of shade in hot summer weather. Can also be grown indoors during winter under lights or in hydroponics system.
- Fresh Lettuce for Salad — A leaf of freshly cut lettuce is so much tastier than a days-old-plastic-wrapped salad kit. Heirloom lettuce comes in so many more types than you can find in the store including leaf, crisp head, bibb, romaine, and looseleaf. Grow your own and enjoy gourmet salads.
- Easy to Grow — Instructions included on each packet with additional information on the “Gardening Tips” section of our website. Plus, we are available to answer all your questions. If these seeds don’t germinate, we will happily make it right for you.
- Safe and Sustainable — Our operation is fully solar powered, and Sow Right Seeds has taken the Safe Seed Pledge to sell only fresh Non-GMO heirloom seeds for you and your family.
- This lettuce is well known for its sweet flavor. Best if harvested in the morning.
- Grows well with onions, cucumbers, and carrots
- Grows great indoors and outdoors both fully grown and as microgreens and works well with hydroponics
- Heirloom and Non-GMO lettuce seeds for planting
- DELICIOUS TRUSTED VARIETY – Popular buttercrunch lettuce seed used by gardeners for years.
- FLAVORFUL – This butter head lettuce has a buttery taste, where it gets its name. The leaves are softer than romaine and more delicate.
- SEASONS – Buttercrunch lettuce is great to grow in the spring, summer, fall, and winter gardens—an excellent choice for hydroponic lettuce seeds.
- USA – All of our seeds, including the buttercrunch lettuce seeds for planting, are heirloom, open-pollinated and non-GMO, and grown in the USA. Don’t buy inferior seeds from other countries. This should give you added reassurance that not only can you enjoy the seeds this season, but you can save the seeds each year, adding food security to your home.
- PACKETS – Each heirloom lettuce seeds packet is printed on water-resistant paper, in full color, with growing and harvesting directions included. Each heirloom butter lettuce seeds packet contains at least 2 grams of seeds (approximately 2000+ seeds).
Butternut crunch lettuce is a common element in salads. Butter crisp lettuce is highly well-liked because of its buttery flavor and silky texture. The leaves from the little, loose heads are soft and crisp and can use to make salad wraps. Buttercrunch lettuce has tasty, blanched inner leaves that are encircled by soft, green, slightly curled outside leaves.
Buttercrunch has a milder flavor than other loose-leaf salads, making it a great choice if you do not want a lot of vegetables. Butter lettuce is low in calories and high in nutrients. Just 13 calories and nearly no fat content in a 100g serving. Since it contains almost 95% water, it can aid in both weight loss and hydration.
It is noteworthy that the same serving size of vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting and wound healing, contains 85% of your recommended daily intake (DV). Also, it provides 18% of your DV for folate, which is necessary if you’re pregnant and aids in the production of genetic material, as well as vitamin A, which helps to maintain strong bones, teeth, and skin.
The vitamins, as well as nutrients of butter leaf lettuce, are in abundance. It is a great source of calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, as well as vitamin C, all of which support healthy bones as well as prevent inflammatory illnesses.
Leafy greens are healthy for your body whether you take them fresh as well as cooked. Yet, spinach absorbs its numerous minerals, including calcium, iron, as well as beta-carotene, better when it’s cooked.
Butterhead lettuce makes excellent “tortillas” for lettuce-based tacos, lettuce wraps, as well as other “filling” meals because of its lovely, big leaves. Use a piece in gyros as well as spring rolls or add it to your favorite sandwiches like seitan as well as mushroom burgers for some extra crunch.
Important vitamins, minerals, as well as disease-preventive antioxidants, are abundant in butternut squash. This fiber-rich, low-calorie winter squash may help by reducing as well as offering protection from diseases including cancer, heart disease, as well as dementia. Moreover, it may be simply incorporated into both sweet and savory meals as well as being flexible.
A loose inner head of blanched, sweet tasting inside leaves surrounds a soft, green, slightly curled outer head of lettuce on a butterhead. The butterhead lettuce variety “Buttercrunch” possesses the aforementioned traits as well as the benefit of having a marginally higher heat tolerance.