The ideal Japanese strawberry roll is a soft and supple sponge cake loaded with delicate whipped cream as well as fresh, tart strawberries. Swiss rolls, jam rolls, cake rolls, roulades, as well as other varieties of the name roll cakes are all variations on a delectable sponge cake folded with a variety of fillings.
Classic in Asia, particularly in Japan and South Korea, is this strawberry roll cake. This is just one form of the popular light as well as soft sponge cake loaded with fresh fruit that enjoys in most East Asian nations.
Roll cakes are one more opportunity to enjoy a delectable cake without having to mention a birthday, which is why I adore them. This cake is simple to prepare as well as ideal for any event, whether this is morning tea or a celebration.
The Best Way to Roll a Cake
The roll is everything in a Swiss roll. The following advice should keep in mind when making the ideal strawberry roll cake:
As soon as the cake removes from the oven, wrap it in a tea towel. The key step in making a Swiss roll is this one. Making the correct shape for Swiss rolls is the toughest challenge, as well as rolling the cake while it is still warm helps to prevent cracking as well as sets the shape.
The cake is most elastic as well as flexible when it is warm, so rolling it while it is most plastic will enable you to form it into the proper shape. It will often instruct to roll it in baking paper. When rolling up the sponge sheet, be sure to put a tea towel around the outside as they are softer as well as won’t create ugly lines and wrinkles to appear on the top of your cake.
Put extra cream in the roll’s center as well as add a thinner coating to the perimeter. When rolling the cake, this is crucial because the more cream there is on the outer border, the more cream will flow out when the cake is rolled.
The strawberries as well as most of the cream will be placed in the center of the cake, on the innermost roll. As the roll tapers out to the edge, the cream layer will be thinner on the remaining portion. When the roll wraps up, a thick layer placed on the outside will almost certainly be squeezed out of the cake.
How to Wrap the Strawberry Roll Cake
After the strawberry roll has successfully packed and also roll, securely wrap it in cling film. To give the cake a strong form, I like to use two pieces of cling film.
The cake won’t unfold once unwrapped once it has chilled as well has taken on this shape. Use a warm, sharp knife to cut the cake. The cream can flow out the sides if you try to cut this cake with a blunt knife.
For your knife to effortlessly cut through the layers of cake, make sure it is both warm as well as sharp. Before slicing, I prefer to run my knife under a stream of hot water and dry it with a tea towel to get the ideal temperature.
Variations In Cake
Check out the other cakes I have on my blog if you enjoyed this one.
Strawberry Roll Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|30 minutes||25 minutes||55 minutes||1|
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup or 85 g of cake flour
- 60 g or ¼ cup of white sugar
- 50 g or ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons as well as 25 g of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150g or ⅔ cup of thickened cream
- 25g or 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 6 to 7 evenly sized strawberries as well as trimmed
- Set the oven to 160C/320F as well as use baking paper to line a 25 x 30 cm (10 x 12 inch) pan
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until it is steaming
- In the meantime, combine the egg yolks, oil, as well as sugar in a medium bowl
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture while gradually adding the boiling milk
- Mix the milk/egg mixture with the sifted cake flour by stirring
- Whisk the eggs as well as sugar in a sizable mixing basin until stiff peaks form
- One-third at a time, fold the meringue mixture into the yolk mixture until just incorporated
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, but also bake for 25 minutes
- After removing from the oven, flip the baking sheet over
- Replace the baking paper with a fresh kitchen towel after removing it
- Turn the cake over so that the baking paper is on top as well as the towel is at the bottom
- Place the strawberry roll cake seam side down and roll it up from one short end to the other before letting it cool entirely
Vanilla Whipped Cream Instructions
- Mix the sugar as well as thick cream to soft peaks in a medium bowl
- Whip the mixture until it forms firm peaks after adding the vanilla essence
- Remove the kitchen towel as well as the baking paper before unrolling the cake
- Place the whole strawberries end to end along the cake’s short length after spreading a thin layer of cream over the cake
- More cream should apply to the strawberries before rolling the cake around the curl
- The rolled cake should wrap in plastic wrap as well as refrigerated for at least two hours
- Remove, sprinkle with frosting, as well as serve
Health Benefits of Strawberry Roll
How eating strawberry rolls can be healthy. This vegan variation of Strawberry Shortcake can make in a variety of ways. Strawberries can be quite helpful for preserving a healthy heart, maintaining a healthy stomach, and sometimes even decreasing weight.
This recipe benefits from the addition of milk because it makes it fluffy as well as healthier for those who eat it. Since it calls for freshly cut strawberries, diabetics may consume it in moderation.
Strawberries are a versatile food that can be incorporated into any hydrating diet, whether as a juicy fruit or as an ingredient in shakes, smoothies, as well as ice cream. They may even be helping you fight the negative impacts of stress, a changing environment, as well as a healthy lifestyle.
The perfect strawberry in Japan is a smooth, pliable sponge cake stuffed with exquisite, whipped cream and strawberries. Swiss rolls, jam rolls, cake rolls, roulades, as well as other variations on the name roll cakes are all delicious sponge cakes folded with different fillings.
This strawberry roll cake is a staple in Asia, particularly in Japan and South Korea. This is simply one variation of the widely consumed light as well as soft sponge cake filled with fresh fruit in most East Asian countries.
How consuming strawberry rolls can be good for you. Many different methods can use to prepare this Strawberry Shortcake vegan variant. Strawberries can be quite beneficial for retaining a healthy heart, and stomach, as well as occasionally even for weight loss, as previously mentioned.
Even though this meal is beneficial for diabetics, the heart, and weight loss, bread is still bread, and bread is not exactly the healthiest of foods. You’re eating in moderation. White bread is deficient in the fiber that whole wheat bread provides, which aids in controlling weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol.
A dense sponge is beneficial for the following reasons:
No crisp peaks of mousse were created.
Too much batter was folded, which resulted in the fluff breaking.
Due to the underbaking, the cake shrank as it cooled.
Yes, this meal is good for diabetics, the heart, and weight loss, but bread is bread, as well as bread is not the healthiest of foods. Moderate you’re eating. White bread lacks the fiber that whole wheat bread offers, which helps in regulating blood sugar, cholesterol, as well as weight.
Berries are a fantastic complement to a diet plan for losing weight. They are low in calories, very nutrient-dense, as well as a fantastic source of fiber and other crucial elements. They can be used in a wide variety of dishes and are also highly adaptable.
When the cake is rolled, if the cream oozes out, it signifies the cream was just not whipped to the proper consistency. When the cake is rolled, the cream needs to have enough structure to stay inside the cake, therefore it should be whisked to stiff peaks.