Hey there! Today, I want to give you a recipe for homemade Almond Joy bars that is both simple and delicious. These bars are the ideal combination of rich chocolate, crunchy almonds, as well as creamy coconut.
Shredded cocoa, evaporated milk, whole almonds, as well as melted chocolate are all you need to make these. Just combine the coconut as well as condensed milk, and then top each coconut mound with an almond. After a brief period of refrigeration, let them cool before dipping them in melted chocolate.
I’m done now! The ideal sweet treat to enjoy at any time of day are these homemade Almond Joy bars. You’ll wonder why you have ever bothered buying these at the shop because they are so simple to prepare. You won’t ever go compared to the earliest variety after trying these, I promise.
Homemade Almond Joy Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes||2|
Ingredients | Homemade Almond Joy
- 32 whole almonds
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz dark as well as semi-sweet chocolate chips for the Homemade Almond Joy recipe
Instructions | Homemade Almond Joy
- Put parchment paper in an 8×8-inch baking dish and set it aside
- Shredded coconut as well as sweetened condensed milk should be thoroughly mixed in a big bowl
- Place 16 equal mounds of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking dish using a spoon as well as a cookie scoop
- Each coconut mound should have one whole almond placed above it, carefully pressed into the mixture
- For at least 30 minutes, or till the coconut mixture is set, put the baking dish in the refrigerator
- In a bowl that can be used in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips by stirring every 15 seconds until completely smooth
- Each coconut mound should be well coated before being dipped into the molten chocolate with a fork
- Back on the lined baking tray, place the coated bar after gently shaking off any extra chocolate
- Place the baking dish back in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or till the chocolate has completely solidified, after covering all of the bars in chocolate
- When the chocolate has hardened, pull the parchment paper to release the bars from of the baking dish. To serve homemade almond joy divide the bars into 16 equal pieces
What Chocolate Is Best?
Once trying to make homemade Almond Joys, all you need is a great melting chocolate. This can be anything you have on hand, from semi-sweet to dark chocolate. Milk chocolate does not set well and is not recommended for manufacturing candy bars. Melting chocolate chips, chocolate melts, and even bar chocolate (such as Hershey’s) work well.
For up to a week, these bars can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container. Use parchment paper to divide the layers as well as protect them from clinging to one another to keep them fresh.
These bars can be frozen for up to two months in a freezer bag as well as an airtight container. However, to keep the layers from clinging to one another, place parchment paper in between them.
The recipe below yields 16 bars, so you can simply change it to produce more or fewer. You can cut these into smaller bite-sized pieces to offer as a sweet treat as well as dessert if you’re making them for a party or other occasion.
I have written one more article on The Best Almond Joy Cookie Recipe For You
Nutritional Facts of Homemade Almond Joy
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Total Sugars||10 g|
Pros of Homemade Almond Joy
- By modifying the quantity of coconut to chocolate or almonds to coconut, you may make the recipe your own
- Making them at home is significantly less expensive than purchasing pre-packaged bars from the shop
- You can make your bars as nutritious or as decadent as you like because you know exactly what components are going into them
- With kids or friends, creating homemade Almond Joy cookies is a fun and simple pastime
Cons of Homemade Almond Joy
- Making them can be a little messy, especially if you dip them in chocolate
- The bars are not a quick and simple snack to prepare on the run because they need to cool in the fridge for a few hours to firm up
- The chocolate coating may well not adequately firm in your kitchen due to the temperature as well as moisture, making them messy to handle
Making homemade Almond Joy bars at home is a tasty as well as simple treat. You can make a sweet and decadent snack that will fulfill your sweet appetite only with a few basic ingredients.
Homemade Almond Joy bars are a gratifying as well as enjoyable endeavor that is sure to be well received, whether you make them for yourself or to give to family and friends.
Absolutely! You can use any nut you like, including cashews, pecans, as well as peanuts. As long as they are complete unsalted, that is.
You certainly can but be aware that the bars might not be as sweet. To adjust for the absence of sweetness, you might need to add more sugar as well as honey to the coconut mixture.