Oatmeal creme pie ice cream sounds different. Isn’t? you all must hear about different ice creams usually. But about this ice cream, I personally haven’t heard of it before. That’s why I am pretty excited to know about the unique ice cream, surely you will be. Also, you will get to know about the company that introduced it.
In this article, we will discuss the blue bell creameries company’s features and their oatmeal cream pie ice cream. They discover this ice cream in July 2022. Let’s discover more about the oatmeal ice cream and you will know about their recipe also which is so exciting for me too.
So, without any further ado, let’s start it. Ice cream is delicious on any day of the week! You may not be aware, but July is National Ice Cream Month.
About Blue Bell Creamer
In Brenham, Texas, a group of local businessmen decided to found the Brenham Creamery Company and start making butter from extra cream supplied by local farmers. A few years later, the creamery started making ice cream and using a horse and wagon to deliver it to nearby residents.
The business changed its name to Blue Bell Creameries in 1930 to honor the native Texas bluebell wildflower. Up until 1958, when Blue Bell started concentrating solely on making ice cream, butter was produced. They have frozen snacks, Blue Bell Ice Cream, Light Ice Cream, and Ice Cream with No Sugar Added. Ice cream is delicious on any day of the week!
You may not be aware, but July is National Ice Cream Month. a month-long celebration of everything ice cream! In honor of the occasion, Blue Bell is introducing Oatmeal Cream Pie as a new flavor.
Features of Oatmeal Creamy Pie Ice Cream
Oatmeal Cream Pie, a brand-new flavor that will take you right back to your childhood, is being introduced in honor of National Ice Cream Month. Blue Bell’s Oatmeal Cream Pie flavor has delicious oatmeal-flavored ice cream and was created as a tribute to the beloved Little Debbie treat.
We’ve combined our ice cream with all the best elements of an oatmeal cream pie. said Jimmy Lawhorn, Blue Bell’s vice president of sales and marketing. The subtle sweetness of the brown sugar in the ice cream is immediately detectable. You can tell this is going to be good as soon as you taste the vanilla icing swirl.
The soft oatmeal cookies’ flavor and texture bring everything together. Eating homemade oatmeal cream pie in ice cream form is similar to doing so. A delicious oatmeal-flavored ice cream with notes of brown sugar, soft oatmeal cookies, and a vanilla icing swirl is called oatmeal cream pie.
What Do You Know About Oatmeal?
Oatmeal is ground oats used to make porridge, oatcakes, and other foods. Although oats and oatmeal are similar, they differ slightly in terms of calories, carbs, and nutrients. Oatmeal eaters frequently have smaller waists and lower body mass indices (BMI), both of which improve health outcomes.
Benefits of Taking Oatmeal
Do you know what kind of oatmeal benefits are? Oats are a source of whole grains, which may contribute to the fact that those who enjoy them may eat more nutrients overall. Researchers note that people frequently consume milk and fruit with their oats, which may help them consume more vitamins like vitamin A. It demonstrated that oatmeal can lower high cholesterol.
They contain beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that not only improves your cholesterol profile but also has antioxidant properties that shield blood vessels from LDL, or “bad” cholesterol. A healthy weight-loss diet is supported by oats, but there is no quick fix for losing weight.
That means that although oatmeal is a high-carb food, you can still eat it if you like it. One way oatmeal may help people lose weight over time is by making them feel more satisfied after eating. After getting lots of information regarding the benefits of oatmeal I am too curious to know about the oatmeal pie ice cream.
I am sure you all also will be excited about it. Let’s move there.
Oatmeal Creme Pie
Oatmeal creme pies were the first Little Debbie snack cake commercially produced by McKee Foods. Oatmeal creme pies are offered by Little Debbie in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico alongside other snacks. A Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies Cereal was made available by Kellogg’s in December 2020.
Do you want to try this myself making? No issue, With the help of this simple homemade oatmeal cream pie recipe, revive those memories. You’ll be transported back to your favorite traditional childhood treat with these chewy oatmeal cookies sandwiched between layers of fluffy cream filling.
Are You Excited To Know What Is Exactly Oatmeal Creme Pie?
So, let me introduce you that they consist of a fluffy marshmallow cream frosting covering two tender molasses oatmeal cookies. All year long, each cookie comes individually wrapped.
Now it’s time to dig into the recipe for this yummy treat! Simple pantry staples are used to make these Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie cookies. The dough for the oatmeal cookies comes together quickly and doesn’t need to chill before baking.
For Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter & shortening -Shortening and butter work together to prevent the cookies from spreading excessively
- Sugar-Granulated and brown sugar add sweetness and a chewy, soft texture
- Molasses & Vanilla-Vanilla and molasses add flavor
- Egg-Eggs add moisture to the cookie dough
- Flour-To adds the proper amount, use the spoon-and-sweep method
- Quick Oats-Gives the cookies a chewy texture and a Little Debbie cookie-like flavor
- Baking soda -It aids in the spread, rise, and browning of the cookies
- Cinnamon and salt-It balances the sugar by adding spice
For Marshmallow Filling
- Marshmallow Cream – the cream fills its fluffy texture and sweetness
- Structuring -makes the frosting light and fluffy and prevents it from becoming too soft
- Salt & Vanilla-enhances flavor and counteracts the sugar
- Granulated sugar thickens and savors the frosting
How To Make Oatmeal Cookies
You will adore this simple copycat recipe if you enjoy Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. All of your cravings for nostalgia will satiate by the chewy oatmeal cookies and dreamy marshmallow cream filling.
- Butter, shortening, and sugars are combined in a mixer
- Beat again after adding molasses, vanilla, and eggs
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon before gradually incorporating them into the butter mixture
- Gently stir in the quick oats after adding
- By spoonfuls, drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets. 48 cookies should result from this recipe
- Bake just until the edges start to brown. When finished, remove from the pan and let cool for a few minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack
Oatmeal Creme Pie Filling
- These homemade oatmeal creme pies have a chewy center and a light crisp around the edges. These cookies are ideal for making marshmallow buttercream sandwiches
- With shortening, vanilla, and powdered sugar, whip an entire jar of marshmallow cream until it is fluffy
- Stir in a bit of salt water, then beat until creamy
- After spreading the marshmallow cream filling over half of the cookies, top them with the remaining cookies
Tips and Tricks
- Old-fashioned or rolled oats can be used in this recipe, but quick oats provide the best texture. To turn rolled oats into quick oats, pulse them in a food processor
- There is no need to chill the cookie dough. As soon as you’ve mixed it up, you can bake it
- The cookies should not be overbaked. The centers will be soft and chewy, while the edges should be slightly browned and crispy
- Before applying cream frosting, make sure the cookies are completely cool
Sort two identical cookies by size and shape
When spreading the filling on, leave space around the cookies’ edges. The cream filling will extend to the edges when you press another cookie on top. For different tastes, you can also try raisin creme pie which is also tempting.
The oatmeal cream pies can be kept for a few days in a container with a tight seal. If you plan to keep them for more than a few days, you can also keep them in the refrigerator. Before serving, let them warm up to room temperature.
No, if you’d prefer, you can substitute all butter, but the cookies might spread even more. To make the ideal Little Debbie knockoff, I highly suggest combining butter and shortening.
Oatmeal Creme Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar,
- 1/2 cup brown sugar,
- granulated sugar, half a cup
- molasses, one spoonful
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- two teaspoons each of baking soda and table salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Quick oats, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon of hot water
- 0.5 teaspoons of table salt
- 1-7-ounce jar of marshmallow cream,
- 1-half cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar in powder
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and both sugars
- Beat again after adding molasses, vanilla, and eggs
- Flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon are all combined. A mixture of butter and dry ingredients should be added gradually until mixed
- Oats are stirred in before being spooned onto baking sheets—Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges start to brown
- Allow cooling on the pan for a short while before transferring it to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Salt should be dissolved in boiling water before being placed aside
- Marshmallow cream, shortening, and vanilla is frothy when combined
- Add the powdered sugar and blend by gradually beating in. Mix thoroughly after adding the saltwater
- Half of the oatmeal cookies should have marshmallow frosting spread on one side. The remaining cookies should be pressed on top
Oatmeal Creme Pie Ice Cream
Now it’s the tie that you can easily make this ice cream because earlier you got the recipe for the oatmeal creme pie and by following this you can make further oatmeal creme pie ice cream.
You would be surprised at how much easier this dish is. I usually assume you need an ice cream maker whenever I think about ice cream. No, not with this dish. Make amazing ice cream with just a few basic ingredients. The simplest method for making ice cream without an ice cream maker is no churn.
Most homemade ice creams begin with a cooked and managed egg custard base. Many of these difficult processes are skipped in this recipe. Instead, I use sweetened condensed to get a beautifully smooth texture. The wait is currently the most difficult step in this process. Let’s begin the process of creating homemade ice cream.
Please be aware that while you can use any kind of milk in this recipe, using skim or another low-fat milk will make the ice cream less creamy. If you want so you can also add oatmeal creamer otherwise the tastiest condensed milk is sweetened, though.
- sweetened condensed milk in one can
- 2 cups of cream, thick
- 100 ml of milk
- a teaspoon of molasses
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 4 oatmeal creme pie cookies
- Whip the heavy cream for 6 to 8 minutes, or until soft peaks form, in a large mixing bowl. Not enough whipping will result in a gritty texture, and any more will be butter
- Condensed milk, milk, vanilla, and molasses should then be added to your bowl. Mix until completely combined
- Cut up each of the four creme pies. Keep a few aside to decorate the top. Fold the remaining ingredients into your ice cream foundation
- The ice cream mixture is now prepared to be poured into a 1-quart bread pan and covered with plastic wrap
- Add a few pieces of oatmeal cream pie on top
- For at least 4 to 6 hours, freezing is recommended. Additionally, overnight is preferable if you have more time to wait. Prepare to savor this tantalizing reinterpretation of a beloved childhood treat
When your ice cream is ready to freeze, put it in an airtight container or a plastic-wrapped container. Take it out for about five minutes before you want to scoop it when you’re ready to serve. This will give it some time to defrost.
After serving, put it back in the freezer right away. Just a brief reminder: if the ice cream is taken out and put back in the freezer too frequently, the texture may alter. If it persists in your home for this long
Conclusion – Oatmeal Creme Pie Ice Cream
Above all, surely you enjoyed learning about this amazing treat. Overall, this creamy ice cream will be fantastic for hot summer days in a bowl by itself or scooped on top of a cone. You can serve it with additional oatmeal cream pies. Also, you can sandwich ice cream between two more cookies for the ultimate flavor explosion. It is really tempting. If you wanna try more ice cream treats so click here for more exciting recipes.