Hello there! Hence, burnt almond cake is just a traditional sweet that has been around for a long time. It is a delicious yellow cake with creamy custard inside as well as a topping of burnt almonds on top.
The cake is often served cold and therefore is suitable for any event, including birthday celebrations as well as informal dinners with friends.
Any sweet tooth will be satisfied by the mixture of the sweet cake, creamy filling, as well as crunchy almonds. Hence, enjoy them in moderation as well as replace them with a variety of healthy foods.
Try it out for yourself and tell me what you think!
Burnt Almond Cake Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of sliced almonds
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch for a burnt almond cake recipe
- Turn on the oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- The cake mix should be combined as directed on the box
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted inside the center comes out clean, in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish
- Inside a tiny saucepan with medium heat, warm the heavy cream until it begins to simmer while the cake bakes
- The almonds should be added to the cream as well as cooked for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until toasty as well as golden brown
- Combine the salt, cornstarch, as well as sugar in a separate saucepan
- Whisk the milk as well as egg yolks into the sugar mixture after adding them
- Stirring continuously, cook this mixture over medium heat until it thickens and starts to boil
- Add the vanilla essence after taking the custard off the heat
- After the cake has done baking, take it out of the oven as well as allow it to cool
- Spread the custard out evenly as you pour it over the cake’s top
- Over the top of the custard, strew the toasted almonds
- Bake the cake once again in the oven for 10 more minutes, till the almonds are just beginning to brown
- After taking the cake out of the oven, allow it to cool till room temperature
- Before serving, the burnt almond cake should be chilled for at least an hour
How to Store Burnt Almond Cake
Burnt almond cake needs to be kept in the fridge in an airtight container. It can remain fresh lasting up to 3 to 4 days.
How to Freeze Burnt Almond Cake
Burnt almonds cake can be frozen, however, it is ideally frozen before the custard as well as almond topping are added. Before freezing the cake, wrap it carefully in aluminum foil as well as plastic wrap.
For up to three months, it can be kept frozen. Just thaw the cake overnight in the refrigerator before adding the custard as well as an almond topping as well as serving it when you’re ready.
How to Serve Burnt Almond Cake
There are 12 servings in this burnt almonds cake recipe. Slices of the cold cake may be served individually. For an extra special treat, you can also serve it with an extra scoop of whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you have extra food, you may either share it with loved ones or preserve it as previously mentioned.
I have written one more article on The Best Chocolate Almond Flour Cake For You
|Amount Per Serving
- Burnt almond cake is just a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for so many years
- Delicious flavors of moist yellow cake, smooth custard filling, as well as crunchy toasted almonds come together in this dessert
- The cake is simple to create, and most grocery stores carry the necessary ingredients
- It’s a wonderful alternative for dessert on special occasions or simply as a tasty treat to share with loved ones
- Burnt almond cake is a fantastic dessert to prepare ahead of time because it keeps its freshness in the refrigerator for a couple of days
- Making the custard filling could be challenging; it needs continuous stirring to prevent clots as well as burns
- Making the toasted almond topping could be messy, as well as getting the almonds to adhere to the custard without causing damage can be difficult
- Burnt almond cake tends to be thick and heavy, and might not be pleasing to everyone’s taste
- Given that it is baked with a yellow cake mix, which frequently contains wheat flour, it’s not an appropriate gluten-free dessert choice
In conclusion, the burnt almond cake is just a classic dessert that has been loved for many years. Delicious flavors of moist yellow cake, smooth custard filling, as well as crunchy toasted almonds come together in this dessert.
The final product is a delicious and pleasant delicacy that is well worth the effort, even though making the custard as well as almond topping might be a little difficult.
For special occasions as well as simply as a sweet treat to share with family and friends, the burnt almond cake is a fantastic dessert option.
Burnt almond cake can be prepared in advance. The cake can be frozen for extended storage or placed in a refrigerator for a couple of days. Before serving, be sure to top it with custard as well as almonds.
It is possible to make a burnt almond cake even without custard filling if you wish. Just leave off the custard and decorate the cake using whipped cream as well as toasted nuts.