Hi there! Are you trying to find a delicious and nutritious salad recipe? The edamame salad recipe is the best option! Edamame, which are immature soybeans that are picked before they mature, is a delightful and healthy addition that can give any salad more texture and flavor.
This blog will provide you with our go-to recipe for edamame salad, which is quick to prepare and suitable for any event.
What is Edamame Salad?
The Japanese delicacy edamame salad has gained popularity throughout the world. Edamame beans, which are young soybeans that are collected before they reach full maturity, are used to make this nutritious and cooling salad. Once cooked through, the beans are combined with a variety of fresh vegetables and a delectable sauce.
Edamame Salad Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 Minutes||5 Minutes||25 Minutes||4|
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- ¼ cup of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of coarse salt
- ½ cup of rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- ½ cup of chopped bok choy
- 1 cup of chopped napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of shredded white daikon radish
- 4 cups of shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- A large saucepan of lightly salted water should buy to a boil
- Edamame should cook in boiling water for 3 minutes or until soft. Drain and let cool in the fridge
- In a small bowl, mix the napa cabbage, bok choy, vinegar, sesame oil, and salt
- Let the cabbage sit for about 20 minutes at room temperature, or until it begins to gently wilt
- Add carrots and edamame to the cabbage combination
- Refrigerate for one hour, or until completely cold
- Before serving, garnish the edamame salad with daikon radish and sesame seeds
The Edamame salad recipe can eat as a main course or as a side dish. It works well as a light lunch or dinner as well as for potlucks and picnics. To make it more filling, you can also add protein, like grilled chicken or tofu.
Storing and Reheating
For up to three days, edamame salad can keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Simply place the salad in a dish that can be microwaved for one to two minutes, or until cooked through, to reheat.
Variations of Edamame Salad Recipe
- Edamame salad is a flexible recipe that may customize to your preferences
- However, to increase crunch and flavor, you can add or swap out different veggies like cucumber, radish, or cabbage
- In addition, you can change the dressing by using miso paste or lime juice for the rice vinegar, or by including honey for a sweeter flavor
Benefits of Edamame Salad Recipe for Health
A full and healthy dish, the edamame salad recipe has several health advantages.
- The rich protein, fiber, and antioxidant content of edamame beans can help lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and improve general health
- The salad is a terrific option for a nutritious and well-balanced dinner because the fresh veggies in it contribute extra vitamins and minerals
Health Warnings About Edamame Salad Recipe
Although edamame salad is typically seen as a healthy food, there are a few health considerations to bear in mind. It’s important to carefully boil edamame beans and avoid eating them raw.
Because they contain a small number of natural toxins that can be dangerous if ingested in big quantities. It’s also vital to check for allergies before eating the dish because some people may be sensitive to soybeans.
Other Salads Vs Edamame Salad
Edamame Salad is a more nutritious and heartier alternative to other salads. Due to the high protein and fiber content of edamame beans, you may feel satisfied for longer. A well-rounded meal is created by the diversity of fresh vegetables in the salad, which also adds extra vitamins and minerals.
I have written more articles on it.
There you have it, guys! A tasty and nutritious dish with many nutritional advantages is the edamame salad recipe. Anybody searching for a simple, hearty supper that they can make their own is going to love this option.
Edamame salad’s strong protein and fiber content might keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer. Also, it is a flexible dish that can tailor to your preferences and culinary tastes. So, the next time you’re searching for a filling and nutritious supper, consider an edamame salad!
All in all! Making this Edamame Salad Recipe is quite simple. I explain everything in my article. Please leave us a review in the space provided below. I’m grateful.
Yes, you may make this dish with frozen edamame beans. Be sure to thaw them out before boiling, though.
Sure, you may add meat to the salad to make it a more filling dinner, like grilled chicken or shrimp.
Surely, you may give the salad a little spice by sprinkling the dressing with red pepper flakes or jalapeno slices.