Hey there! Having read this article about almond pound cake, I can now taste how good it must be. The addition of almond extract to the traditional pound cake recipe gives it a nutty, sweet flavor.
With ingredients including butter, sugars, eggs, flour, as well as baking powder, the recipe is rather simple. But, the combination of ground almonds as well as almond essence, which give the cake a beautiful texture and flavor, really makes it unique.
According to the article, serve your almond pound cake with some fresh berries as well as a sprinkle of whipped cream on top. What a fantastic flavor that would have!
This almond version of pound cake is worth trying if you like pound cake and would like to try something a bit different. It’s ideal for celebratory occasions as well as simply as a pleasant treat to consume with your daily coffee.
Almond Pound Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 15 minutes||8|
Ingredients | Almond Pound Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
Instructions | Almond Pound Cake
- Heat your oven to 350°F (180°C) as well as oil a 9-inch (23cm) loaf pan
- The softened butter, as well as granulated sugar, should be combined in a sizable mixing basin as well as creamed until light and fluffy
- Add the almond essence next, then add the eggs one at a time
- Pour the mixture, baking powder, salts, as well as powdered almonds into a different basin
- Once everything is thoroughly incorporated, add the dry ingredients in a slow, milk-alternating motion into the butter mixture
- After smoothing the top, put the batter further into the prepared loaf pan.
- A toothpick placed in the center of the almond pound cake should come out clean after baking it for an hour
- When ready, take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before moving this to a wire rack to finish cooling
- If preferred, cut the cooled cake into pieces as well as serve each piece with whipped cream as well as fresh berries
The almond pound cake can be stored at room temperature for a maximum of three days by carefully wrapping it all in plastic wrap as well as aluminum foil. You can store the cake inside the refrigerator for a long to a week if you want to keep it fresher longer.
I have written one more article on it.
Moreover, almond pound cake can be frozen for later use. Before freezing, cover it tightly in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil, or store it in an airtight container. For up to two to three months, the cake may be frozen.
The cake should be taken out of the freezer and placed in the refrigerator or room temperature for several hours before bedtime to freeze.
Depending on the thickness of your slices, this recipe should yield 8–10 pieces. You may easily double the recipe as well as bake this in two separate loaf pans if you need to feed more people.
You may also slice the slices into smaller pieces and offer them as mouth snacks at a party as well as gathering to stretch the slices further.
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
Pros of Almond Pound Cake
- The flavor of almond pound cake is distinctive and wonderful, setting it different from other types of pounds cakes
- However, it’s a simple dish that does not need a lot of elaborate ingredients or tools
- In general, pound cakes are adaptable that they may be enjoyed as a snack with coffee or tea, breakfast, as well as dessert
- The cake is a fantastic make-ahead dessert for gatherings as well as celebrations because it can be kept at room temperature for the next few days or in the refrigerator for up to a week
Cons of Almond Pound Cake
- This recipe might not be for you if you have a nut allergy or dislike the flavor of almonds
- It’s possible that pound cakes won’t be to everyone’s taste because they can be extremely heavy as well as thick
- Although the recipe is easy, baking as well as cooling take some time, so if you want to prepare it for a particular event, you’ll need to plan ahead
- Keep an eye on the cake as it bakes because it can become a little dry if overbaked
The combination of almond essence as well as ground almonds gives the traditional recipe for almond pound cake a modern twist. This is an easy recipe that can be enjoyed as just a snack with tea or coffee, dessert, or even for breakfast.
If you love almonds and are looking for a delicious as well as simple cake recipe, you should give this one a try even though it might not be to everyone’s taste.
A loaf of pans or even a circle cake pan can be used, although the baking time could change. Easily monitor the cake closely while it bakes as well as adjust the timing as necessary.
You can, indeed! Simply use a flour mixture free of gluten in place of the all-purpose flour. Choose a combination that is appropriate for baking.