Hey there! Do you enjoy Italian almond-flavored cookies? If so, you are in for a treat today because we’ll be talking about amaretti cookies, which are Italian sweets with an almond flavor.
Italians love amaretti cookies, which are made with just a few basic ingredients like almond meal, egg whites, sugar, as well as almond extract. They are filled with a delightful almond taste and also have a crispy along and a soft, sticky interior.
Italian Almond-flavored Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes||4|
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Set a baking sheet on your oven’s 350°F (175°C) rack and preheat the oven
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, baking powder, as well as salt in a large mixing basin
- When the butter has thoroughly incorporated as well as the mixture is crumbly, add it to the dry ingredients and blend with just an electric mixer or through hand
- As the dough starts to come together into a ball, stir in the eggs as well as the almond essence
- Place the dough, allowing about 2 inches between each cookie, on the baking sheet that has been Prepped
- Using the palm of your hand, gently press each biscuit, then top it with a few sliced almonds
- Bake the cookies for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to turn golden
- The cookies should cool for five minutes on the baking sheet before being moved to a wire rack to finish cooling
The Italian almond-flavored cookies should keep at room temperature inside an airtight container if you want to consume them within a few days.
To stop the cookies from going bad as well as absorbing moisture, make sure the box properly seal.
If your area is rainy, you might wish to keep the cookies inside the fridge to preserve their freshness.
The cookies can also keep for up to three months in the freezer.
Place the cookies in a container in the fridge container as well as a plastic bag to freeze them. To avoid freezer burn, make careful to remove as much air from the container as well as bag as you can.
To keep records of how long the cookies were in the freezer, mark the bag as well as the container with the date.
Italian Almond-flavored Cookies Servings
The quantity depends based on how big you create the cookies. Italian almond biscuits typically yield 20 to 30 cookies per batch.
For a tasty snack, serve the cookies with a cup of tea or coffee. They can also serve as dessert with a drop of vanilla ice cream or even a dollop of whipped cream.
I have written one more article on it.
Italian Almond-flavored Cookies Pros
- Delicious and flavorful
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Can make ahead and store it for later
- Gluten-free (if made with almond flour)
- Versatile – can eat on their own or used in desserts
Italian Almond-flavored Cookies Cons
- High in calories and sugar
- May be time-consuming to make
- May contain allergens such as nuts
- Can be addictive and hard to stop eating
- May be expensive if made with high-quality ingredients
In conclusion, Italian almond-flavored baked goods are still a delicious as well as adaptable treat that can love by themselves or pair with coffee or tea.
They can modify to accommodate various dietary requirements as well as flavor preferences with a few simple changes. To keep them crisp as well as fresh, just store them carefully.
Cookies with an almond flavoring from Italy should be kept at room temperature in an airtight container. This will allow them to last for a few days, but they can also be frozen for as long as three months if you need longer storage. Before serving, make sure they are at room temperature.
Absolutely! Although these cookies are often flavored with almond extract, you can try other extracts but also flavorings to make your variety. Orange blossom water, lemon zest, as well as vanilla extract are a few common choices.