The best dessert is a simple vegan apple pie, and it comes with the nicest apple pie flavor. The recipe is fairly simple and may be altered to be sugar and gluten-free. Along with this, a delectable treat for holidays, Christmas, and each day.
The finest pie you will ever cook is this vegan apple pie, without a doubt. Flaky crust layers are sandwiched between a mildly spiced apple filling brimming with flavor.
Along with this, this sweet, spicy, as well as delicate chicken with apple cider recipe makes the perfect one-skillet main dish. These luscious and moist chicken thighs cooked with apples and apple cider have a delightful blend of sweet, acidic, as well as savory flavors.
How to Make Vegan Apple Pie
The vegan apple pie recipe is at the bottom of the post, with complete instructions and measurements. The best apples to use in this recipe are Granny Smiths. In baking, Granny Smith apples frequently maintain their shape nicely. They do not simply dissolve into mush.
When baked, the flavor is equally excellent, and it is sweet with a tinge of acidity that blends beautifully with the sugar and spices. Your apple pie can be served hot or cold. It is preferable to slice the pie when it is cooled, serve it that way, as well as afterward reheat each slice in the microwave.
Along with this, it tastes great with vegan custard, whipped cream, as well as ice cream. Give the dough an hour in the refrigerator to rest. It could seem like a waste of time, and you should always try to find ways to save time. However, it is really important in this instance.
Also, it helps in the gluten’s relaxation, which helps stop the dough from contracting during baking. On a baking sheet covered with paper, bake the pie. While the pie bakes, there may be a few drips, as well as you don’t want to have to clean the entire oven.
The flavors are also deepening as well as truly settling in as it cools, and the filling is getting thicker. Additionally, it makes cutting evenly much simpler. Although it might seem counter-intuitive to wait until the pie is cold before serving it, you have discovered that the best method is to slice it cold. Reheat each piece in the microwave, top it with vegan ice cream, and serve afterward.
Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings||Calories|
|45 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 45 minutes||8||506|
- Light brown sugar
- Vegan butter melted
- 3 tablespoons of ice water
- One cup of vegan butter (225g)
- 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (312g)
- Salt and one teaspoon of white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- A quarter cup of all-purpose flour (31g)
- Half cup of light brown sugar (100g)
- Six cups of Granny smith apples (750g) sliced as well as peeled
- To make the vegan apple pie crust, combine the flour, sugar, as well as salt in a mixing dish
- Combine the dry ingredients with the vegan butter with your hands until you have coarse crumbs.
- Make a large dough ball by combining it with the ice water
- Add one or two tablespoons of more ice water required and only if a ball of dough won’t form
- Divide the dough ball in half, then shape the two halves into two balls
- Put the dough balls in the refrigerator for an hour. As a result, the dough’s gluten can relax and helps in preventing shrinkage during baking
- Bring one of the dough balls out to roll out your crust after the dough has chilled for an hour
- One of the dough balls should roll out into a circle that is larger than a 9-inch round pie plate
- Apply nonstick spray to your 9-inch circular pie pan, then place the dough over the pan as well as firmly press it into the edges
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350°F (180°C)
- Prepare the filler for a mixing dish and add sliced, peeled Granny smith apples
- Toss the apples with brown sugar, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, lemon juice, as well as vanilla essence until they thoroughly coat
- Spread out the filling evenly over the pie shell after adding it
- Put a vegan butter dot on the apple filling’s top
- After rolling it out, put the top crust made from the second dough ball on top of the pie filling
- After trimming any extra dough, seal the top and bottom crusts by pinching them together
- To make a pattern and further enclose it, press a fork around the edges
- Brown sugar, as well as vegan butter, should use to brush the pie’s top
- Make holes in the pie’s top to allow steam to escape, then put the pie dish on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (the pie can drip while baking), as well as bake it for 50 to 60 minutes
- Keep an eye on it, and at the 50-minute mark, if it is beginning to over-brown and the filling is beginning to bubble up from the slits, remove it from the oven
- Leave it in for the entire hour if it is not over-browning
- Before cutting as well as serving vegan apple pie, let the pie chill for a minimum of two to three hours
For five days, covered in the refrigerator, vegan apple pie keeps incredibly well. Even though some of its crispness may have been lost, the pie crust is still fantastic.
You can microwave a piece of food as often as you desire. Furthermore, it keeps well in the freezer for three months. It should thaw overnight in the refrigerator before being heated as usual.
Perfect Vegan Apple Pie
It is important to wait until the pie has completely cooled before slicing. This is done so that the filling can thicken and the flavors meld. Additionally, cooling it makes it much simpler to slice. You can either serve your apple pie warm or cold.
The pie should be cut when completely chill, either to serve it that way or to reheat each slice in the microwave. With vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream, it tastes fantastic.
Apple pie keeps very well in the refrigerator, covered for 5 days. Even if the pie crust has lost some crispness, it is still excellent. As desired, reheat a piece in the microwave.
Preparation time only accounts for hands-on work as well as excludes the period needed for the dough to chill in the refrigerator. The vegan apple pie nutrition facts do not include vegan ice cream as well as vegan cream; they only apply to the pie itself.
Also, apple juice is a type of fruit juice as well. They are also made by pressing apples and removing their imperfections. The juice is therefore removed and kept in refrigerator-safe glass, metal, as well as sterile technique processing system containers.
Simple vegan apple pie has the nicest flavor and is the best dessert. It is possible to make the recipe sugar and gluten-free by making a few minor adjustments. A delicious delicacy for the festivals, the Holiday season, and every day is also included. This vegan apple pie is, without a doubt, the best pie you will ever make.
This dish is quite adaptable. To make hand pies or hot pockets, cut out circles, quarters, or rectangles. You could also spread the crust into muffin pans to make small apple pies. If you choose to do this, cut the apples a little bit smaller and always close the sides of the pastry to prevent filling leakage.
Additionally, keep an eye on your pastry as it bakes because smaller pies bake more quickly. Feel free to use your imagination and experiment with various Apple Pie flavors.
Traditional apple pie isn’t vegan because butter is typically used in its preparation. However, the dessert can be simply changed so that vegans can also enjoy it by substituting vegan margarine as well as butter. assemble the ingredients.
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup vegan margarine, 1/4 cup white sugar, rice milk, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, or nutmeg. Stir frequently over medium heat for about three to five minutes, or until margarine melts as well as brown sugar dissolves. Put apple slices in a big bowl. When the apples are evenly covered, pour the brown sugar mixture on top as well as stir.
Add the nutmeg and cinnamon. Over the apples, crumble the sugar mixture. When the apples are extremely mushy when pierced with a knife, place the pie in the oven and cook it for 45 to 50 minutes. Give the pie one or two hours to rest. Dispense as well as savor! Use an apple slicer if you have one, as chopping the apples takes some time.
Gently press one crust into a 9-inch pie pan. Rice milk, 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup vegan margarine, 1/4 cup white sugar, cinnamon, as well as nutmeg are all combined in a skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until margarine melts and brown sugar dissolves. Fill a big bowl with apple slices.