Are you guys looking for delicious, spicy, and pasta full of flavor, then you are at the right place. Well in this article I will discuss pasta dishes and a delicious recipe for lemon orzo pasta.
Lemon orzo pasta is a delicious and delightful recipe that you can serve as a side dish or main course.
I know that you guys are well aware of pasta dishes. So I want to discuss a brief introduction regarding pasta. Pasta is a kind of food that is loved by many people belonging to different cultures all over the world. It’s a very popular, versatile, cost-effective, and most importantly flavorful dish. There are different shapes and sizes of pasta, each type has unique characteristics that make it popular among others and suitable for a variety of ingredients.
Lemon Orzo Pasta
Lemon orzo pasta is a delicious and delightful recipe. You can serve this pasta dish as a side dish or main course. This pasta is a dish that is prepared by using orzo pasta. You can enhance the flavor of this dish by adding fresh lemon juice, some garlic, butter, cheese, and also some fresh herbs. The lemon in your dish enhances a sour, fresh flavor, whereas other ingredients like garlic and cheese contribute to providing a spicy taste.
It’s a very simple and easy dish. You can prepare this dish in very less time. You can serve this dish either as a side dish or as a main course dish. If you’re a beginner and a temporary cooker in the kitchen, I am sure you will find something here that will benefit you and will learn a delicious recipe for preparing this dish.
What is Orzo Pasta?
Orzo pasta is a rice-shaped type of pasta that is popular and commonly used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. You can prepare it by using durum wheat semolina. It is a popular pasta and an ingredient that you can use in a variety of dishes i.e., soups, salads, etc.
One of the most popular and interesting ways to prepare orzo is in a pasta orzo salad. Simply cook the orzo by following the instructions, you can also add your favorite vegetables, herbs, and sauces to your dish. Orzo pasta salads are a very perfect and great choice for picnics, outings, parties, and also for summer BBQs.
The Popularity of Lemon Orzo Pasta
Do you know why lemon orzo pasta is very popular? Well, I will tell you about its popularity of it. This type of pasta has gained very much popularity in recent times because of its delicious flavor and ease of preparation. Many people love to eat the spicy taste of pasta. You can also add fresh lemon juice in it along with different other vegetables and proteins.
This orzo pasta is also a popular choice for those who are looking for a healthier diet. Orzo pasta contains a low number of calories and very less carbohydrates as compared to other types of pasta. You can also add nutrient-rich vegetables along with lean proteins for having a well-balanced and healthy diet.
If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe then here is a delicious and flavorful recipe for lemon orzo pasta,
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
Steps for Preparation
- Cook the orzo pasta as per the given guidelines or instructions
- Drain it and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix properly together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo pasta, cheese, and parsley
- Pour the lemon dressing over the orzo mixture
- Serve warm or even at room temperature
Why do People Love Lemon Orzo Pasta?
Firstly the acidic and refreshing flavor of fresh lemon juice and zest enhance the delightful flavor of the meal that’s why most people love to have this as a side dish. Moreover, orzo pasta is a component that you can combine with other proteins and vegetables, making it simple to test the new combinations in your orzo pasta dish. Orzo pasta contains fewer calories and less amount of carbohydrates making it a popular choice for people who are looking for a healthy diet. Moreover, orzo pasta is a quick and easy dish that you can prepare in very less time. You can also choose this dish on hectic weeknights and for late-night cravings.
The recipe contains a number of nutrient-dense vegetables, including asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and spinach, which contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Lemon Pepper Linguine marries perfectly with fresh tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, dill and olive oil
- Handcrafted in Virginia, the dough is rolled, cut, naturally air-dried, and hand packed
- Cooks like fresh, for a homemade taste and authentic Italian experience in 3-5 minutes
- Pasta Deliziosa pasta is natural, vegan and small batch
- Single allergen facility, free of eggs, dairy, soy and nuts
- Crafted with the finest raw ingredients, DeLallo Gluten-Free Pasta Corn & Rice Orzo is expertly…
- Orzo means “barley” in Italian, referring to its small, barley-like shape. Not just a soup cut,…
- Made with 70% corn flour & 30% rice flour
- Produced in a gluten-free dedicated facility in Italy
- Package contains twelve 12oz bags
- CHICKEN & ORZO WITH LEMON: Zesty, delectable chicken and orzo soup flavored with lemon
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Made with white meat chicken with no antibiotics ever
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS: No artificial flavors and no colors from artificial sources
- QUICK AND EASY: Convenient canned soups ready to eat in minutes
- CONTAINS: 1 can, 18.5 oz
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Prakash, Sheela (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 208 Pages – 09/01/2020 (Publication Date) – Harvard Common Press (Publisher)
- RUN OUT OF RICE? DISCOVER DELECTABLE ORZO: Chuster’s scrumptious rice-shaped noodles add crunchy…
- LOW FAT, CHOLESTEROL FREE & NATURALLY FILLING: It’s the little pasta with big benefits! Made of…
- PAIRS DELICIOUSLY WITH ALL KINDS OF CUISINE: Cooking Italian, Greek, or Israeli? No matter your…
- COOKS TO PERFECTION IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS: From chicken soups and Greek salads to orzo pilafs and…
- BUY IN BULK, STOCK YOUR PANTRY, FEED A VILLAGE: Never run out of your kids’ favorite weeknight…
Benefits of Lemon Orzo Pasta
Lemon orzo pasta is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers a range of benefits. So, If you’re looking for a healthy meal option or simply a satisfying and flavorful pasta dish, then lemon orzo pasta is a perfect choice.
Following are a few health benefits of this delightful and flavorful dish,
The addition of fresh lemon juice in your dish gives lemon orzo pasta a sour, acidic, and tasty flavor that is both refreshing and satisfying.
Orzo pasta is an ingredient that you can pair with various proteins and vegetables. It will really make it easy for you guys to try different flavor combinations with your lemon orzo pasta dish.
The orzo pasta contains less amount of calories and fewer carbohydrates. You can this pasta as a substitute for traditional pasta dishes, making it a great choice for those who take care of their calorie intake in their diet.
The High Amount of Protein
Orzo pasta is a good source of protein which is obtained from plants, which helps to keep you fully satisfied.
You can pair Lemon orzo pasta with a variety of other vegetables, such as asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and spinach, which provide a large amount of nutrients i.e. vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in them.
Quick and Easy to Make
Lemon orzo pasta is a quick and easy meal that you can prepare in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner plans.
Variations to Try
- Instead of butter, use olive oil
- Swap the parsley for some minced basil
- Saute a little garlic in the pot before you add the orzo and stock
Lemon orzo pasta is a tasty dish and you can prepare it very easily. You can either enjoy it as a main course dish or as a side dish. Due to its delightful flavor, it has now become a great and perfect choice, especially for pasta lovers. It is also considered a healthy meal option, due to its low-calorie content and less carbohydrate. You can use this dish as a refreshment item in your events to please your guest. The addition of veggies in your diet that contain high amounts of nutrients in your dish can further increase the nutritional value of your meal.
Yes, it is a healthy dish and is used as a substitute for other types of pasta. It contains lower amounts of calories and fewer amounts of carbohydrates. Moreover, it is a great source of protein and fiber.
Yes, you can make lemon orzo pasta ahead of time. You can also store it in the refrigerator for a few days. It is great if you freshly serve it or at room temperature.
Vegetables like cherry tomatoes, spinach, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts are perfect ingredients that you can add to lemon orzo pasta.