Consuming a seafood fried rice recipe is a truly mouthwatering experience. People typically consume a greater quantity of seafood varieties during the colder months because they enjoy eating fried rice dishes that include a variety of seafood. This dish typically prepares with shrimp, fish, and a variety of vegetables in a single cooking session.
It is common knowledge that eating seafood can improve various aspects of one’s health due to the high concentration of essential vitamins and minerals that seafood typically contains. In this article, you will enhance your knowledge regarding the best seafood fried rice, and in what aspects it is beneficial to health. So, without further ado let’s dive into it.
From Where Seafood Fried Rice Originated
The origins of seafood fried rice trace back to the cuisine of southeast Asia, more specifically to the countries of Thailand and Indonesia. It becomes a common dish in Asian fusion cuisine and can find in most Chinese and Japanese restaurants all over the world. Its popularity has contributed to its widespread availability.
It’s likely that this dish change over time and reimagine to make use of regionally appropriate ingredients and flavors.
Selection of Key Components of Delicious Seafood Fried Rice
Rice Selection and Preparation – Seafood Fried Rice Recipe
Long-grain jasmine rice commonly uses when making fried rice However, other types of rice may also use. This particular variety of rice retains a texture with slightly sticky, and its flavor is delicious; it is the perfect accompaniment to the seafood and vegetables that include in the dish.
To properly prepare rice, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse it to remove any excess starch, which, if present, could cause the grain to become clumped together. After rinsing, the rice can cook until it reaches the desired tenderness, and then allow it to completely cool down.
The rice, once it cools down, will not become excessively sticky, and it will be much simpler to stir-fry.
The kinds of seafood used in the preparation of seafood fried rice can vary widely, depending both on the individual’s preference and the amount of seafood that is readily available. The most common seafood choices are shrimp, crab, and scallops. Before it can use, the seafood keep fresh and thoroughly cleaned.
When preparing shrimp, it recommends to peel the shrimp, remove the veins, and cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces. When dealing with crab and lobster, the meat needs to remove from the shell and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
Cooking the seafood in a stir fry, become essential to ensure that it cooks until it is just opaque and is no longer translucent. If the seafood is cooked for an excessive amount of time, it can become tough and rubbery. It is also recommended to stir-fry the seafood separately, and then combine it with the rice and the other vegetables after it has finished cooking.
Best Seafood Fried Rice Recipes
Although there are a lot of seafood rice recipes present here I will introduce some of them which are too scrumptious and you will love to eat them. If you want other than seafood then you can try quinoa fried rice, fried rice noodles, cabbage fried rice, and hibachi fried rice. These all are also amazing.
Classic Seafood Fried Rice Recipe
One of my go-to additions for flavor and texture to fried rice is seafood in various forms. For the best possible flavor, we topped it with fish roe, tiger prawns, and a sprinkle of fish roe, and served it with satay sauce. The flavor of satay sauce is very distinctive, falling somewhere between sour and slightly spicy. This flavor combination can be found in seafood fried rice dishes served all over Asia, including Malaysia, Thailand, and other countries in the region as well.
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. tiger prawns, peeled and deveined (approximately 10 pieces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn on the cob
- 3 cups of freshly cooked white rice in a measuring cup (can use leftover rice)
- 2 teaspoons satay sauce (or satay paste)
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Maggi sauce
- 12 teaspoons of chopped green onions, which is approximately equivalent to 1 full stem
- 1/2 milliliter of toasted black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons masago caviar (optional)
- One minute of heating the oil over medium-high heat in a large wok or skillet will be sufficient
- After adding the prawns, continue stirring and turning the pan over every 30 seconds for the next three minutes, or until the prawns are orange and cooked through
- To make room for cooking the eggs, you should move the prawns to the side of the pan. Add the eggs that have been beaten with a pinch of the sliced green onions to the side of the pan that is currently empty
- Stir continuously until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through but are still tender
- Carrots, sweet corn, and peas should be added to the pan at this point. Cooking and ensuring that everything is evenly combined takes one minute of constant stirring
- After adding the rice, raise the temperature to its highest setting. When making fried rice, it is essential to do so over very high heat, as this results in the most satisfying texture
- If you are using rice that has already been cooked, you can soften it by adding up to a quarter cup of water
- Cooking, mixing, and distributing the ingredients in an even manner requires constant stirring for one minute
- After about a minute of constant stirring, incorporate the satay sauce, the sesame oil, and the salt
- At the very end, add the Maggi sauce and the green onions, then stir to combine everything.
- On top, sprinkle some sesame seeds, and then place some masago caviar (roe) on top before serving
- Do not stop stirring. To prevent hot spots and ensure uniform cooking throughout the dish, stirring must be maintained at regular intervals during cooking
- When making fried rice, consistency is key. All the grains of rice should taste and feel the same and have the same degree of doneness. When making this dish, I usually need to use two spatulas
- Prepare eggs as desired. Prepare the eggs over moderate heat so that they become set but remain tender. Do not let the eggs get to a dry state too quickly
- Fried rice needs to be cooked quickly and at a high temperature. For the best results in terms of texture and flavor, fried rice is best cooked over very high heat
- Since Asian fried rice needs to be ready in a hurry, cooking it quickly over high heat is ideal
Seafood Mayo Magic Fried Rice Recipe
The combination of seafood and mayonnaise in a fried rice dish with vegetables makes for a flavor explosion with a lingering aftertaste.
- Rice 500 g
- 150 g of Chopped Seafood
- Single Egg
- A single gram of carrots
- Powdered Chicken, Knorr, 1 Kilo, 10 Grams
- Onion, Spring, 1 gram
- Add Pepper as Desired
- Frying Oil
- Decorative Chopped Coriander
- Magic Pouch Hellmann’s Mayonnaise 3 liters 10 grams
- To cool, steam the rice and set it aside
- Prepare a frying pan by heating the oil. Cook the egg, seafood, and carrot for 5 minutes in the frying pan
- Put some KNORR Chicken Powder and rice in a pan and stir. Heat oil in a pan and fry for two minutes
- Mix in some pepper, green onion, and Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Magic. Sauté until everything is evenly distributed
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander
Mixed Seafood Yellow Fried Rice Recipe
The Preparation of Rice:
- Vegetable oil 100 ml
- 300 milliliters of whole eggs, beaten with
- 50 grams of chopped garlic
- 20 grams of ginger, chopped
- 200 grams of diced carrot
- 200 grams of diced onions
- 100 grams of chopped red bell peppers
- 100 grams of white fish fillet, diced
- 100 grams of cleaned and diced prawns
- 100 grams of cuttlefish tubes that have been cut into rings
- Basmati rice that has been cooked, after it has cooled down to 3 kg
- 5 milligrams of ground turmeric
- Knorr Professional Chicken Seasoning Powder (Only Available in Sri Lanka) 80 g
- Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder, Twelve Four Hundred Grams, Five Grams
- 50 grams of diced spring onions
- Eggs that have been beaten and then fried in oil that has been heated in a wok or a pan with a thick bottom
- Sauté the garlic and ginger paste for a few seconds after adding it
- Sauté the onion, carrot, and pepper slices for a few seconds before adding the fried seafood and turmeric powder
- Mix the rice with the green spring onions and the Knorr Chicken seasoning powder, and then set the mixture aside
- Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder according to personal preference, and continue to fry for a few more seconds
- To serve, garnish with green spring onions and choose any seafood curry you’d like to pair it with
Vegetable Fried Rice With Seafood | Seafood Fried Rice Recipe
- 300 grams of assorted types of seafood
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of scallions in total
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- Defrost the seafood mixture, then wash it and pat it dry
- Peel the garlic and then chopped very finely. After washing, cut scallions into pieces that are approximately 1 inch (or 3 cm) long and then halved lengthwise
- First, give the cucumber a good washing, then peel it, cut it in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. After that, cut the meat into slices
- Wash the tomatoes, then steam them and removed the peel, and cut them into wedges
- First, wash the cilantro, then shake it until it’s dry and pick off the leaves
- Garlic cooked in oil already heated in a pan. After adding the seafood, continue to sauté the mixture for another two minutes. Stir-frying the jasmine rice cooker, along with tomatoes, cucumbers, and spring onion should take about 4-5 minutes. Salt and fish sauce used as a seasoning
- Garnish with coriander before serving. You can serve it however you like with soy sauce and chili sauce and enjoy the seafood fried rice
Fried Rice With Salty Fish And Broccoli | Seafood Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of salted fish (see Notes)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- kosher salt and white pepper (freshly ground)
- 80g Chinese broccoli
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-inch galangal powder (see Notes)
- 1 cup of already-cooked rice (preferably day-old)
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 milligram of sugar
- 1 milliliter of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Asian shallots, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chili scuds
- 12 cucumbers from Lebanon, sliced very thinly
- Wedges of lime, for serving
- For seafood fried rice prepare the oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- To prepare the salted fish, take it out of the oil or the package and lay it out on some paper towels to drain. Place on a baking tray and bake for eight minutes, or until the fish is almost dry on the outside
- Take the food out of the oven and let it cool down. Once the meat cooled enough to handle, separate the flesh from the bones, but do not throw away the skin because it has a lot of flavors. Set aside
- Put the garlic, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of white pepper into a mortar. Using the pestle, mash the ingredients together until they form a paste
- The egg broke into the bowl, and then the white and the yolk gently mix using a fork
- Using the stem as a guide, cut the Chinese broccoli into pieces that are 1 centimeter long. To blanch the broccoli, place it in a small saucepan filled with boiling water and cook it for twenty seconds. Drain, then put to the side
- Prepare an intense fire in a wok. After adding the oil and the garlic paste, stir the mixture until it begins to smell fragrant and begins to color. After adding the galangal and a pinch of white pepper, pour in the eggs, then stir the mixture until it became barely scrambled
- Add the rice and turn the heat down to medium just before the egg cook completely. Make sure the egg is evenly distributed over the rice by using a spatula and breaking up any clumps to ensure that each grain of rice is distinct from the others
- After adding the salted fish, fish sauce, soy sauce, a pinch of white pepper, sugar, and vinegar to the rice, stir it to ensure that everything is evenly distributed and incorporated. Stir-fry the rice, giving it a hint of color and fragrance while doing so
- The final step is to add the Chinese broccoli, after which the pan should be taken off the heat and the shallots and chilies should be stirred in
- Serve seafood fried rice immediately after garnishing with cucumber slices and lime wedges respectively
You should be able to locate salted fish at any Asian grocery store that specializes in South East Asian cuisine. Find salted mackerel in oil or individually packaged fillets of salted mackerel in jars. You can also find salted mackerel in jars.
Any store that sells Asian groceries will also carry galangal powder
Seafood can form with shrimp, lobsters, small fishes, and other selfish.
It is good to use long-grain rice such as jasmine or basmati.
Fresh seafood recommends for the best flavor and texture. Otherwise, frozen seafood can use in a pinch.
The healthiness of seafood fried rice depend on its ingredients ad method of preparation. If you opt. for less oil and more veggies with seafood then it can become a healthier option.
In conclusion, seafood fried rice is a delicious and versatile dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. It is easy to prepare with simple ingredients and first and foremost it is a good way to incorporate seafood into your diet. Whether you are a seafood lover or just find a tempting meal especially to enjoy the winter then seafood fried rice is the best option to satisfy your test buds.
So, go ahead and give this try to this amazing seafood fried rice dish and enjoy its flavor. For any other tastes or information come to read our other blogs.