You should try out this Chinese sausage fried rice recipe, also known as lop Cheung chow fan because it is a fried rice dish that can prepare in a short amount of time and is simple to make. You have probably already sampled a variety of fried rice dishes, such as chicken fried rice and Thai fried rice, but today I would like to present you with an alternative meal.
Chinese sausage fried rice isn’t like anything else out there. As a result, you will have the opportunity to learn about this mouthwatering recipe. Continue to pay attention to what I have to say and put that delicious meal on your table.
Do You Know About Chinese Sausage?
This one-of-a-kind sausage variety is a staple in the cooking of many Asian restaurants and can incorporate into a wide variety of dishes. It is common to find people eating this type of meat snack all over Asia.
The length and width can change depending on the type, but they all share one trait in common: they have a thick skin that encases Maze-like spicy flavors on the inside. In some regions, Chinese sausage can be difficult to come by, which is unfortunate.
It is not necessary to worry if you are unable to locate this component because there are a great many alternatives that can use in its place. But first and foremost how exactly is it made from?
What is Exactly Chinese Sausage?
Lap Cheong, also known as Chinese sausage, is a type of sausage commonly find in Chinese cuisine. Chinese sausage is traditionally prepared with rice and a variety of spices and make from pork belly. It retains a flavorful and versatile ingredient that use in a wide variety of dishes. Chinese sausage is not widely recognized outside of Asia.
Although the flavor and consistency of Chinese sausage can change depending on the ingredients used to make it. The sausage is typically salty, fatty, and slightly chewy. Chinese sausage goes particularly well with rice, steamed vegetables, and other stir-fried dishes.
It can be prepared in a wide variety of ways, but the most common methods are pan-frying and roasting. When purchasing Chinese sausage, you should make it a point to search for a brand that uses ingredients of superior quality. The finest brands will have a flavor that is just slightly sweet and a completely smooth texture.
you can survey the How Many Carbs in Sausage: Is it Best for Health?
It Is An Emerging Fried Rice
We used to put Chinese sausage and onions in our fried rice when we were younger, but one day our mother told us that we should add scrambled eggs for variety and some frozen peas to make it a little bit healthier. Since then, we’ve switched to using those ingredients instead.
Since then, we have also begun making use of mung bean sprouts whenever there is an opportunity to do so. Mung bean sprouts were not available where I grew up in a small town in upstate New York; to get them, my family had to make the long drive into Chinatown in New York City.
Other recipes that call for sweet Chinese sausages are Chinese Sausage Buns, also known as lop Cheung bao, and Sticky Fried Rice with Chinese Sausages, which is a recipe that is somewhat analogous to the former but uses sticky rice instead. Both of these dishes are known as “comfort foods” among Cantonese children who were raised in Cantonese households.
Therefore, go out and get some Chinese sausages right now, give this super simple recipe for Chinese Sausage Fried Rice a shot for yourself. Most of the recipes use leftover rice but do you know why they use it?
Mandarin Chinese Food Fried Rice Recipe – You Need to Know Try this also would be great for you.
Why Use Leftover Rice In Sausage Fried Rice Recipe?
When making fried rice, always use rice that is at least one day old. It’s a guideline that I do my best to follow. You have the option of using rice that has been previously prepared, or you can make additional rice the day before. Don’t forget to store the rice in the refrigerator!
Rice that has been stored for a day is ideal because it becomes dryer and firmer over time. Therefore, when subjected to high heat during cooking, the grains exhibit lovely separation. Additionally, it does an excellent job of soaking up the sauce without becoming overly soggy.
Additionally important is the variety of rice that is used. Make sure you use long-grain rice. My go-to choice is jasmine rice because of its unique aroma and impressive capacity to drink up liquid.
Have you ever experimented with making fried rice with rice that was just steamed? It will likely end up being too sticky and gummy. A bowl of rice that’s been sitting out for a day.
What If I Don’t Have Rice That’s Been Sitting Out for a Day?
Either you forgot to make extra rice the day before, or someone ate it all without telling you, and now there is none left. When you get an unexpected craving for fried rice, you should take it seriously (I’m only half-joking here…).
When something like that occurs, I proceed as follows:
- Rice cooked in a steamer with less water. Under typical conditions, I need to use 1 13 cups of water for every cup of rice that I cook. In this particular circumstance, however, you will need 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of water for every 1 cup of rice
- After that, transfer the rice to a sheet pan in a single, thin layer using a scoop
- Keep the rice in the refrigerator for about two to three hours with the lid off
- After that, the rice should have become sufficiently dry to be used in an excellent fried rice recipe
How To Make Chinese Sausage Fried Rice?
Here initially you will get a piece of deep information about sausage fried to rice. A perfect recipe is attached after the deep overview in this article. Also, if you want another type of fried rice then you can try curry fried rice, Thai fried rice with basil, and tuna fried rice. For different tastes, you can try fried rice cake also.
Components for Fried Rice | Chinese Sausage Fried Rice Recipe
Traditional Chinese Sausage
Take off the covers. It’s sold in most Asian supermarkets. There is no need to season beaten eggs.
The greens and the whites went their separate ways. The whites are used as aromatic, alongside garlic. The greens are an afterthought and a decorative touch.
Cut everything that has an aroma into tiny pieces.
Use in the frying pan or wok. Rather than olive oil, try canola or peanut oil. Throw out the olive oil and try something else
leftover Jasmine Rice From The Previous Day
You can make the rice the night before and store it in the fridge. Because of this, the rice will become drier, which is good for the texture.
Make use of frozen (thawed). Avoid using anything pre-packaged.
A pinch of salt, please
It’s possible that the sauce won’t add enough flavor to the rice, so you may want to add more.
To make the Sauce
The Use of Soy Sauce
Regarding salty tastes. Make use of either low- or regular-sodium soy sauce.
Flavoring with oyster sauce.
Olive Oil With Sesame Seeds
Gives the dish a pleasant aroma and flavor. Use with caution; excessive amounts can be unpleasant.
To make the sauce more fluid so that the rice can better absorb it.
Some Freshly Ground White Pepper
add flavoring to
Directions | Chinese Sausage Fried Rice Recipe
To Prepare The Sauce
In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside. Whisk together some soy sauce, oyster sauce, and rice wine vinegar in a ramekin.
Take note that there won’t be much sauce on the dish. That was done on purpose. The sauce is good fried rice and shouldn’t cover all the grains.
Prepare The Eggs
Cook the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Put in the beaten eggs and cut them up into smaller pieces as they cook. Put on a plate and put away for later. Sooner or later, you’ll put it back. Using a sizable wok, we scrambled some eggs.
Use a large work (preferably carbon steel) or a 12-inch nonstick skillet.
Prepare The Sausage
Over high heat, pour about a tablespoon of oil into the wok. Then, throw in some Chinese sausage cubes and let them get a quick sear.
Make room for more oil in the middle by moving the sausage to the edges. Mix in the chopped scallions and ginger (white parts only). Stirring constantly, heat for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
You should stir-fry constantly and keep an eye on the ingredients because they cook quickly.
Put In The Rice And The Peas
Put the rice that you cooked the day before into a wok and break it up with a spatula so that it can get heated all the way through. No clumps of rice ought to be left, and the grains should separate. If additional oil is required to loosen the grains, add it now.
The thawed peas should be added and tossed again to heat through. Mixing white rice, peas, and Chinese sausage in a wok.
Do not “stir” the rice; instead, toss the ingredients with a spatula or, even better, do the wok toss!
Put On Some Sauce
Rice should be warmed before the prepared sauce is added and then mixed. The sauce should be added to the wok around the edges so it can drip down onto the rice. Just pour it on top if you’re using a skillet. Mixing sauce into fried rice in a wok
A helpful hint is to add the sauce in increments until you reach your desired taste. To reiterate, fried rice should not be doused in sauce. Coat the rice in enough sauce to turn it a soft golden brown color.
Add Scallions And Put The Eggs Back In The Pan
To reheat the eggs, place them back in the wok and toss them around. Taste the sauce and add salt if necessary. Toss in the sliced green parts of the scallions.
Garnish with additional scallions, as that is my personal preference. Stir-fried rice with Chinese sausage and eggs.
Ideas For Forward Preparation
- You can get a head start on preparing the ingredients by following these suggestions. The rice, of course, needs to be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge
- The rice should be prepared at least one day in advance, preferably two. The rice should be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for at least 12 hours after it has cooled down. Freshly steamed rice doesn’t work well in fried rice recipes
- The sauce can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge
- There are still ways to make delicious fried rice even if you forget to prepare the rice in advance. If you don’t have any day-old rice on hand, please refer to the “What if I don’t have day-old rice?” section up top or the tips on the back of the recipe card. steamed blue bowls of fried rice with pork sausage and a pair of chopsticks
Suggestions For Serving And Pairing
- To complement other Asian main dishes or stir-fries, try this Chinese sausage fried rice. Try my Chinese chicken corn soup or my Asian chicken lettuce cups
- In addition, baby bok choy or Chinese broccoli, both of which are Asian vegetables, make a great side dish (Gai Lan)
Recipe of Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup diced Chinese sweet sausage (casings removed)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 chopped, separated scallions
- 2 minced medium garlic cloves
- Skillet vegetable oil
- 4 cups of day-old cooked jasmine rice (see note)
- 1/3 cup thawed green peas
- Taste salt.
- Soy sauce—2 teaspoons (light or regular)
- 2-teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 4-teaspoon water
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, water, and a pinch of white pepper in a small bowl. Reserve
- Medium-high heat in a wok or skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook the beaten eggs, breaking them up with your spatula. Plate cooked eggs. Reserve
- Get hot. Stir-fry the diced sausage in 1 more tablespoon of oil until golden brown. This is fast
- Stir-fry the minced garlic and sliced scallions (white parts only) for another 15 seconds until fragrant
- Add the rice and break up any clumps. Toss the rice. Stir-fry peas. Separate the rice grains. Clump-free. If needed, drizzle more oil
- Whisk the sauce again and slowly add it to the fried rice. Toss until the sauce covers the rice. Taste salt. Drizzle sauce around the sides of a wok. Drizzle over rice in a skillet
- Mix eggs and scallions (green parts only). Add sliced scallions if desired. Savor
Rice requires 1 cup of water for every 1 13 cups of water. I’d recommend jasmine rice.
No. It is going to be far too soggy and mushy.
A sufficient amount to impart a warm golden brown hue to the rice. The amount of sauce called for in this recipe ought to be sufficient to accomplish this, but you can tailor it to your preferences by adding it in stages.
Packed full of sodium, soy sauce, and nitrates, it’s a salty-sweet dried sausage that you know is bad for you, but you can go through a pack a month or more, depending on your relationship status.
Chinese sausage fried rice is a popular dish made with cooked rice and stir-fried with dice Chinese sausage includes some veggies plus seasonings. It is a really easy and convenient meal that can be easily customized according to taste. It is also a great dish to use leftover rice and can prepare quickly. I must say that you will love it. Follow more articles to enhance your knowledge.