For any meal, apple pie baked beans are a fantastic side dish, but thanksgiving is when they shine the brightest. They are not only delicious but also incredibly adaptable. You can alter them to your preferences by varying the apples, spices, and toppings. Additionally, they’re a fantastic way to add more protein and fiber to your holiday meal.
However, in addition to being high in protein and fiber, these beans are also low in fat and calories. Additionally, they are a rich source of folate, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
Additionally, they are a fantastic source of plant-based protein because they make with beans. So, you should try our apple pie baked beans if you are seeking a nutritious side dish that will satiate your sweet taste.
Along with this, apple pie and cheesecake are combined in a delicious apple pie cheesecake treat. Although, a silky, creamy cheesecake is enhanced with homemade apple pie filling, toffee crunch pieces, and cinnamon seasoning. The apple pie topping can make in advance.
Apple Pie Baked Beans Prepared in Various Ways
However, it can make in countless different ways. Although, a variety of beans, sweet or savory seasonings, and fresh or frozen apples are all acceptable ingredients. However, to get you to start here one of our favorite recipes:
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1lb breakfast sausage
- 1-14oz can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2-28oz cans of Bush’s Baked Beans
- 16oz BBQ sauce use the cheap stuff
- 2 tablespoons of Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- 1 tablespoon w sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- The smoker should be ready for indirect cooking at 250–275°F
- Baked bean cans should open and drain. Along with the onions and bell pepper, brown the sausage
- Into a sizable cast iron dutch oven pot, pour the beans
- Add the can of apple pie filling and the sausage mixture
- Gently blend by stirring
- Gently whisk to combine after adding the BBQ sauce, brown sugar mustard, W sauce, and spicy rub
- The dutch oven should be on the pit and smoked for two hours while being stirred occasionally
- With your favorite smoked meats, serve warm
Homemade Apple Pie Baked Beans Recipe
- ½ cup of favorite BBQ sauce
- 16 ounce no sugar added apple pie filling
- 55-ounce can of Bush’s original baked beans or Showboat
- 2 tablespoons of favorite BBQ rub/seasoning plus extra for topping
- Your oven, grill, or smoker should heat to about 325°
- Put the pie filling, 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce, and a 13 by 9-inch baking dish in an aluminum pan
- Blend the apples with an immersion blender on low speed, but not completely
- You only need to slightly loosen it; you don’t want apple puree
- Place into a food processor or blender and pulse for a few seconds if you don’t have an immersion blender
- However, if you’re using them, add the canned baked beans and any additional fancy ingredients as noted in the comments
- However, to blend, stir
- Cook for 1.5 hours in a preheated oven, grill, or smoker
Benefits of Apple Pie Baked Beans for Health
Apple pie baked beans are not only tasty, but they are also healthy. The following are a few advantages to your health that come from consuming them:
- They are a wonderful source of fiber, which aids with weight loss and digestion
- They include a lot of antioxidants, which can help shield your cells from deterioration
- The cinnamon in them can assist in controlling blood sugar
- Because they are low in calories and fat, they are a wise choice for people trying to maintain or reduce weight
Along with this, you may have apple pie, a delicious treat, all year long if you avoid gluten. This apple pie without gluten has a buttery flavor. Like the classic apple pie, you know and love, it has a flaky crust, a warm, gooey, soft, luscious apple filling, and a lovely lattice top.
How to Include Baked Apple Pie Beans in Your Diet
Using apple pie baked beans in place of regular beans in your favorite recipes is one of the finest ways to incorporate them into your diet. They can use, among other things, in tacos, burritos, soups, and stews.
They elevate your foods by introducing a subtle sweetness. Along with this, it can also add a flavorful garnish to sandwiches and salads. Or, if you’re searching for a tasty and wholesome snack, baked beans are ideal.
They are ideal for snacking on their own or for serving with some vegetables and rice or quinoa. These sweet beans can use in a variety of dishes; the options are unlimited.
Advice for Making the Best Baked Beans
You might be asking how to consistently cook the best apple pie beans. Here are my best suggestions for doing it successfully:
Use your preferred variety of apples; I prefer granny smiths for their distinctively tart flavor, but honey crisp apples can also use if you prefer a sweeter flavor. For a more nuanced flavor, mix brown sugar and molasses. Start with a small amount of liquid because adding more can make the dish overly mushy.
The liquid will assist create steam and tenderize the beans. However, to enhance the flavors of the dish, add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. This will give you the properly cooked texture that you adore. Bake it until it’s lovely and bubbling. However, to give it some richness, add some butter at the very end.
You may quickly prepare a tasty apple pie baked bean dish if you stick to these instructions.
Along with this, popular beef jerky and meat sticks produced by Slim Jims Gluten Free.
Creative Dishes Using Apple Pie Baked Beans
With this knowledge, you can now come up with inventive ways to prepare and serve beans. For a special touch, combine them with chili or soup. To give it a more powerful flavor, add sliced apples or a teaspoon of apple juice. Additionally, you may serve the beans as a side dish with grilled fish, roasted chicken, or pork chops.
Consider creating an apple pie baked beans cobbler if you’re craving something sweet. Simply mix the beans with the oat crumble topping and bake for approximately an hour, or until bubbling and browned. By boiling the beans with sausage and potatoes and adding cheese on top, you may even use them in a savory breakfast hash.
Along with this, in this snack combo, Quaker baked cheddar alongside many cheese-flavored snacks. included baked bagels with cheddar topping. Along with small pretzel sticks, common knotted pretzels, Chex-like cheddar cereal pieces, and cereal bits that resemble shredded wheat.
The tasty and savory side dish known as apple pie baked beans can customize to your preferences. Making it sweet, spicy, tangy, or any other flavor your taste likes is achievable because of the range of components. There is a tone of choices.
Additionally, you may get a ton of vitamins, fiber, and protein from this dish, all of which are fantastic for your health. This dish for apple pie baked beans is a wonderful way to savor apple pie flavors, and it also has some fantastic health advantages. You can have this nutritious, gluten-free, and vegan dinner whenever you like.
A must-try BBQ recipe is baked beans with apple pie filling. This recipe for sweet, delectable baked beans is ideal for summer BBQs. Baked bean cans should be opened and drained. Along with the onions and bell pepper, brown the sausage. Into a sizable cast iron dutch oven pot, pour the beans. Add the can of apple pie filling and the sausage mixture.
Traditional baked beans get a little twist with apple pie baked beans, and it’s a match made in BBQ-side heaven! And it’s incredibly simple! With only 4 ingredients and minimal preparation, these baked beans are flavored like apple pie. While other items are popping, you can pop them in an oven, on your smoker, or the grill.
The baked dish known as apple pie is made with pastry dough and is filled with different savory or sweet components. Each baker has a unique method for baking apple pie. The apple pie recipe was written down in 1381. The original apple pie recipes were very different from those used now.
Your oven, grill, or smoker should be heated to about 325°. Put the pie filling, 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce, and a 13 by 9-inch baking dish in an aluminum pan. Blend the apples with an immersion blender on low speed, but not completely.