Apple pie filling is used to fill the cinnamon rolls, which are then topped with crunchy pecans as well as sweet vanilla icing. It is a delectable hybrid of traditional apple pie baked in a casserole dish with gooey cinnamon rolls.
With this recipe, you can easily make a family-sized casserole out of your usual canned cinnamon buns, which is great for cozy get-togethers as well as special occasions.
For busy people who need a tasty midweek treat made with basic ingredients as well as minimal work, this recipe for apple pie cinnamon rolls is ideal.
Simply arrange the ingredients in a baking dish as well as bake. For the ideal morning treat, put everything in the casserole the night before as well as bake the next day.
You can awaken to the wonderful scent of recently baked apples as well as cinnamon. This recipe is for a casserole, so you can prepare enough for the entire family without spending all day in the kitchen. A delicious dessert might make with the leftovers.
This apple cinnamon roll bake can be modified by using any fillings that you like. Peach, blueberry, cherry, strawberry, as well as all of these are excellent substitutes. Also, apple pie and cheesecake are combined in a delicious apple pie cheesecake treat.
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Pie Filling
Put the Cinnamon Roll Layer together. Kitchen scissors are used to cut each cinnamon roll dough into six pieces, which are then added to the casserole dish. Over the slices of the cinnamon roll as well as drizzle melted butter.
Crush the cinnamon as well as the sugar. Sprinkle brown sugar as well as cinnamon together in a small bowl over the top of the buttered cinnamon buns.
Get the apple filling ready. Transfer the apples in the filling that has been chopped up to a bowl. Blend in lemon juice. Assemble. Sprinkle the pecan halves on top of the crumble after adding the diced apple mixture. With a wooden spoon, gently stir them all together.
Bake the casserole for 40 minutes while it covers with aluminum foil. For a further 3 to 5 minutes, bake uncovered, or until golden brown. Heat the frosting. For 10 seconds in the microwave, barely melt the icing. Enjoy and serve. Warm the frosting as well as serve it over the casserole.
The quick, buttery, moist cinnamon coffee cake is made with fiber one, topped with a sweet, crunchy walnut streusel. The excellent low-carb as well as fiber breakfast cake to pair with your daily cup of coffee.
Suggestions to Make Perfect Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Pie Filling
Save the frosting packet for later drizzle. If there isn’t any in your canned cinnamon, you may manufacture your own by combining powdered sugar with juice as well as water to achieve a thin consistency. When not in use, keep your canned cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator.
Your baking dish’s size is important. This straightforward recipe specifies a 3-qt casserole dish to give the dough pieces room to rise during baking. Pecans on top of the dish can burn rapidly during baking, so use caution when browning. When baking it uncovered, make careful to check it every minute.
Make sure to bake for the specified amount of time. Normally, it just takes around 12 minutes to prepare canned cinnamon rolls, but the additional liquids from the pie filling as well as butter extend the baking time. If you do not bake it for at least 40 minutes, the cinnamon roll casserole will be gummy as well as undercooked.
Cinnamon Roll with Apple Pie Filling Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings||Calories|
|10 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes||8||245|
- 1 cup of pecans
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of butter melted
- 2 cups of apple pie filling diced into smaller chunks
- 2 cans of refrigerated canned cinnamon rolls with icing 8 count
- Set the oven’s temperature to 375
- Put aside a 3 qt casserole dish that has a coat with nonstick cooking spray
- Four pieces from each cinnamon bun should add to the casserole dish that has been set aside
- Pour melted butter over the slices of a cinnamon roll
- Brown sugar, as well as cinnamon, should combine in a different bowl before combine as well as crumbled over the buttered cinnamon roll pieces
- Sliced apples with the filling should be put in a bowl with some lemon juice
- Over the crumble, spread the filling as well as diced apples. Finish with the pecan halves
- To incorporate, stir these ingredients into the dish using a spoon
- Bake for 40 minutes with the lid off, then uncovered for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, just until the top is golden brown
- Take caution when browning because pecans on top might burn rapidly
- In a bowl that can heat in the microwave for 10 seconds, combine all the icing
- Serve the casserole warm after drizzling the warm icing over it
Once the casserole has cooled to room temperature, cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap as well as place it in an airtight container, and chill. After preparing, this will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
To reheat, either cut the dish into individual servings as well as reheat them in the microwave for at least 30 to 45 seconds or cover the entire dish with foil as well as bake it at 350 for 15 minutes, or until well heated.
If you want to give your casserole a fruitier flavor as well as a chewy texture, you can add raisins or dried apricots. Sprinkles, chocolate chips, as well as various kinds of nuts, are acceptable additions.
You can even top the dish with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, with some sprinkles, as well as a birthday greeting. Perfect for surprises in the morning.
You can eliminate pecans if you are allergic to nuts or if you dislike them. As an alternative, use sunflower as well as pumpkin seeds. Regular frosting, as well as cream cheese icing, are both options. Both are mouthwatering.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Pie Filling Recipe
This homemade recipe uses canned cinnamon buns as well as apple pie filling that have already been prepared so that you may make it with fewer ingredients as well as less work while still getting the same delicious from-scratch results. You can have the rolls ready for the oven in only 15 minutes because it is so quick and simple.
The cinnamon rolls can prepare in advance as well as baked the next morning. Everyone will cheer to wake up by the aroma of freshly cooked bread. A single batch provides plenty for everyone. There is enough for everyone to pack some to travel and somehow still enjoy a piece as well as two at home.
Pillsbury Grand flaky cinnamon rolls with original icing were the cinnamon rolls you used for the refrigerated dessert. Use any 17.5-ounce brand of chilled rolls you like, though.
Apple Pie Filling: Because it adds more apple pieces to the casserole, prefers to use pie filling brands marked “with more fruit.” To give the pieces of cinnamon rolls an extra kick of sweetness as well as heat, you dusted them with granulated sugar as well as ground cinnamon.
To give the cinnamon rolls a deeper flavor as well as help the cinnamon sugar adhere better, melted unsalted butter was sprinkled over them.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Pie Filling
With pre-made ingredients and only 45 minutes to prepare, these soft as well as sticky cinnamon rolls covered with gooey apple pie filling will elevate your standard breakfast. Every mouthful captures the comforting aromas of autumn, as well as the romantic fragrance of hot cinnamon bread will quickly make your house feel festive.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes||16|
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling
- 2 17.5-ounce cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven. Before baking your dish, preheat the oven for 20 minutes to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Baking spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, then set it aside
- Put sugar and cinnamon in a sizable Ziplock bag as well as mix to combine
- One can of cinnamon buns take out of the can. Put the frosting away for later use. Create five distinct rolls out of the dough. Six slices should be cut from each roll
- Organize the slices in a sizable basin. the second can of cinnamon rolls in the same manner
- Using a spoon, drizzle butter over the pieces of the cinnamon poll as well as coat them
- Half of the cinnamon roll pieces should add to the bag containing the cinnamon as well as sugar mixture in two batches
- Lightly toss them in the mixture before transferring them to the baking dish. For the second batch of cinnamon roll pieces, repeat this procedure
- Add apple pie filling to the pieces of the cinnamon roll using an ice cream scoop. Fill in the voids between the filling with the apple pie filling not just on top
- The dish should bake for around 30 minutes. If you see the edges over-browning in the last 5 to 10 minutes, cover the pan. 10 minutes to cool
- Heat the saved frosting in the microwave while the dish cools. Drizzle icing on top once the frosting is warm. Serve when still hot
The cinnamon bun fills with apple pie filling and is topped with sweet vanilla icing and salty nuts. This delicious concoction combines gooey cinnamon buns with a traditional apple pie baked in a casserole dish.
With the help of this recipe, you can quickly turn a regular can of cinnamon rolls into a family-sized dish that’s perfect for both cozy gatherings and special events.
You can change this apple cinnamon roll bake by using whatever filling you choose. Excellent alternatives are peach, blueberry, cherry, strawberry, and all of the aforementioned.
Your homemade pie filling is made with butter, brown sugar, as well as cinnamon. Spread the cinnamon as well as sugar-mixed butter over the rolled-out dough after softening it. Alternatively, you may just spread the butter on and then top it with cinnamon but also brown sugar.
The cream at the bottom of the pan warms up as the rolls bake. Rolls become moister as the liquid seeps up into them.
Cinnamon buns are turned out of the pan upside down to allow the butter-sugar mixture that leaks out of the pastry while baking to form a sweet crust on top, whereas cinnamon rolls are taken out as well as then covered in cream cheese frosting. Additionally, cinnamon buns are frequently glazed with sour cream cheese icing.
Pour warm heavy cream over the rolls just before you are ready to put them in the preheated oven. Half and half, whole milk, as well as evaporated milk, can be substituted for heavy cream if you do not have any on hand.