Pineapple chicken fried rice is made from, Fluffy grains of jasmine rice, colorful veggies, and also sweet juicy pieces of pineapple all tossed in a savory, slightly sweet Thai fried rice sauce.
Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors with fresh pineapple, veggies, and aromatics. It’s healthy, easy to make, and also makes the perfect lunch or dinner for any occasion!
The first time I made Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice, I was hooked. The sweet, tropical flavors of the fruit pair beautifully with the bold and savory flavors of the veggies, aromatics, and also soy sauce.
The young generation of these days likes to eat Fried rice like mushroom fried rice and cabbage fried rice.
I love making a big batch at the beginning of the week and storing it in meal prep containers for quick lunches, or serving it for the family for an easy and also healthy weeknight dinner. One of my favorite things about this dish is how versatile it is.
It can easily be made vegan by leaving out the chicken and also eggs, gluten-free by swapping out the soy sauce for tamari, and even grain-free/paleo by swapping out the brown rice.
After trying out this recipe, I guarantee you’ll be a believer. Whether you’re looking for meal prep recipes for quick and easy weeknight recipes, Pineapple Fried Rice is a perfect choice. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think! Looking for more Chinese side dishes, try this steak fried rice, Peruvian fried rice, quinoa fried rice, and Singapore fried rice for sure.
Main Ingredients And Easy Swaps
To make this healthy fried rice recipe, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Brown rice: Any kind of rice will work, but I like to use brown rice in this dish. Fried rice comes out the best when the rice is cooked in advance and allowed to fully cool
- Chicken: You can use chicken breast or thigh, either one will work. You could also use pork, shrimp, or tofu
- Pineapple: This adds an amazing touch of sweetness to an otherwise savory dish, creating the perfect balance of flavors. Fresh is best but canned pineapple also works
- Veggies: I like to use peas, carrots, bell peppers, and onions in this dish. However, this can be made with any combination of vegetables you like or have on hand
- Aromatics: Minced garlic and ginger add a ton of flavor. Fresh works best, but you can use the dried versions if needed
- Soy sauce: This is the key to any fried rice dish and packs a delicious umami flavor punch. For a gluten-free swap, you can use tamari instead. Coconut aminos also work but you will likely need more
Make it Yours! Recipe Ideas for Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
When it comes to fried rice recipes, there are tons of ways you can customize a dish according to your flavor preferences and dietary restrictions. Here are some of my favorite ways to switch up this dish:
- If you can’t find fresh pineapple, you can use canned pineapple. Just make sure not to get the kind packed in syrup, as those variations are loaded with sugar
- For a show-stopping presentation, try serving the dish in a hollowed-out pineapple. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser
- Not in the mood for chicken? You can swap it out for shrimp, ham, or tofu instead
- You can make this dish vegan-friendly by simply leaving out the chicken and eggs
- For a paleo-friendly and grain-free version, try using cauliflower rice instead of brown rice
- Looking for a little heat? You can spice up this dish by adding diced chilies or a drizzle of sriracha
What to Serve With Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
While this dish is both delicious and satisfying all on its own, there are several side dishes you can pair with it for a family meal or dinner party. Side dishes like egg rolls, soups, and roasted vegetables are usually my go-to choices. If you need a little inspiration, here are some of my favorite side dishes to pair with fried rice:
How to Store This Dish
This dish stores well, so it’s a fantastic choice for meal prep! I love making a big batch on Sunday and then keeping it in the fridge throughout the week for quick and easy lunches or dinners. When storing leftovers, you will first need to allow your fried rice to cool to room temperature. Once it’s cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage bag or container. Then, you can store fried rice in one of two ways:
- In the fridge for up to 5-7 days
- In the freezer for up to 6 months
How to Make Easy Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice
Sweet and spicy pineapple fried rice with ground chicken, sweet pineapple, green onions, and cilantro. It’s such a quick and also easy weeknight meal! Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice is a super easy and also creative way to enjoy a combination of fresh pineapple and chicken fried rice cooked in a traditional sauce blend.
You not only get to enjoy those summertime flavors, but you’ll feel as though you stepped right into vacation mode — especially when you get to eat it directly from inside of the pineapple!
Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice is an easy and fun way to enjoy a combination of pineapple and chicken fried rice cooked in a traditional sauce.
- 4 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (and cooled)
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw cashews (more to taste)
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce ( plus more as needed)
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the eggs. Scramble the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes, until they are just cooked through. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set them aside
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add the green onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook the mixture for 30 seconds. Add the pineapple, bell pepper, peas, and carrots
- Cook the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, until the pineapple begins to caramelize. Add the rice, chicken, and cashews. Stir to combine the ingredients. Press the rice into the bottom of the skillet with the back of a spoon. Cook the rice for 2 to 3 minutes, until it begins to turn brown and crispy. Repeat this step if desired for more crispy rice
- Stir in the scrambled eggs and soy sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce as needed
If serving this as a side dish, there will be around 8 servings.
Butter: This is my secret ingredient! This is what they use at hibachi restaurants for their fried rice and has been a game changer ever since I started using it. It adds a lot more flavor and helps to brown the rice.
Japanese fried rice is made using short-grain rice, while Chinese fried rice uses long-grain rice like Jasmine rice. This means that Chinese fried rice has a firmer and drier texture than Japanese fried rice, which tends to be chewy and slightly sticky.
Fried rice can be a very unhealthy dish given that it is a very carb and fat-heavy dish from the rice and heavy oil usage, and not enough protein content — an average restaurant serving of fried rice is about 800 calories. However, it’s easy to make a healthier version of fried rice by portioning ingredients mindfully.
High heat, expert tosses, and something known as ‘wok hei. ‘ As J. Kenji López-Alt writes for Serious Eats, expert cooking with a wok (and the gas range it requires) is one of the main reasons that fried rice from a Chinese restaurant tastes so much better than what you can make at home.
Vinegar is one of the less-used ingredients in a bowl of fried rice. You will not find vinegar in most Chinese fried rice recipes. But it adds a slight tang to the rice and enhances the taste. Rice vinegar is used in Chinese cooking, especially in stir fry, salad dressings, etc.
Pineapple chicken fried rice is made from, Fluffy grains of jasmine rice, colorful veggies, and sweet juicy pieces of pineapple all tossed in a savory, slightly sweet Thai fried rice sauce. Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors with fresh pineapple, veggies, and aromatics.
It’s healthy, easy to make, and makes the perfect lunch or dinner for any occasion! It can easily be made vegan by leaving out the chicken and eggs, gluten-free by swapping out the soy sauce for tamari, and even grain-free/paleo by swapping out the brown rice. It can easily be made vegan by leaving out the chicken and eggs, gluten-free by swapping out the soy sauce for tamari, and even grain-free/paleo by swapping out the brown rice.
Sweet and spicy pineapple fried rice with ground chicken, sweet pineapple, green onions, and cilantro. It’s such a quick and easy weeknight meal! Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice is a super easy and creative way to enjoy a combination of fresh pineapple and chicken fried rice cooked in a traditional sauce blend.
If you enjoyed this post you would also love to see more
- The Amazing Substitute for Pineapple Juice
- The Amazing Mango Pineapple Juice
- Want to Know About Pineapple Mango Juice Recipe
- Want to Know About Pineapple Mango Juice Recipe
- The Best Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie It Would be Delightful to You